HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Scout Tips_

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 EnergyFlameD

EnergyFlameD

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationNorway/Thailand

Posted March 25 2013 - 01:56 PM

[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Any Scout Tips_[/font]

[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]I did just got my scout on level 14 and I was nearly getting mad [/font]
[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]because I didn't know what to use the, Flak Cannon or the Mini Flak Cannon and internial's and Optimizations! :( [/font]

[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]So can somene please help me_ I would be very thankful, and you maybe help someone else too... :lol: [/font]

[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]And you can give some strategies_[/font]
[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif](if you want)[/font]

(I do like to have most range )

[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]A FLAME CAN GIVE LIFE AND HEAT, BUT IT CAN BE VERY
LETHAL IN THE WRONG HANDS[/font]

#2 FussyBadger

FussyBadger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted March 25 2013 - 02:08 PM

https://community.pl...re-experienced/

#3 vVolfgang

vVolfgang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted March 25 2013 - 02:09 PM

I originally used the mini flak but found it to be terribly inaccurate. Without consulting the weapons info chart (you could certainly do that) the miniflak had lower damage as well. So I switched to the flak and it's pretty fun. At first I wasn't having much success but peek a book style is the best option when playing this mech. Also learn to detonate your TOWs mid flight to deal splash to your opponent. As always, pick your fights wisely, and know when to retreat; more practice will help you decide if you can get that kill and escape or if you'll end up dying.

As for internals, I ran with the special weap loader to get faster secondary weapon fire rate and I might try out the primary weap loader for a faster flak fire rate though both will overheat you in an extended duel (also manage your bursts). I ran with armor and fuel regen.

Hope that helps!

For he who fights and runs away, may live to fight another day; but he who is in battle slain, can never rise and fight again.

- Oliver Goldsmith

#4 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted March 25 2013 - 02:13 PM

Energy, if you send me a PM or chat me up whenever we're both on Skype again I can give you a bit more in-depth rundown of scout tips and tricks. I'm much too lazy to write more than a few sparse sentences today. ;)

Edited by Beefsweat, March 25 2013 - 02:14 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Null_Wing

Null_Wing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationThe Zone, Harmont

Posted March 25 2013 - 02:42 PM

if you like range, scout is not for you
scout is generally a Brawling mech or a run 'n' gun mech (but the optimal mech for that style is now the raider)
you can use it mid-range but you're lowering its potential damage output.

I'll give you the setup for my 25 scout (sorry, don't remember my optimizations, all I remember is that I have about 15 in speed)
FLAK Cannon
Detonator
Repair Charge
Heatsinks
(whatever the item to increase rate of repair was)
and fuel canisters.

Professional Freelance Bum
When The Subject Of Spam Is Broached, Our Sparing Human Intellects Instantly Assume The Most Ingratiating Form Of Anger Imaginable. (and we tend to start our own spam for fun after that)

#6 Commy1

Commy1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationGuelph, ON

Posted March 25 2013 - 05:09 PM

In and out, in and out, use cover all the time, learn the player you're fighting. High level players will know how to duel and you'll be able to tell. Pro's take that even further, leading you into traps, disappearing behind and around the map, rarely if ever missing a shot and so on.

Scout is the best mech to learn the Flak and Heat cannon on. In and out.

#7 Guiotine

Guiotine

Mech Collector

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Locationsomewhere between Illal and Eorzea

Posted March 25 2013 - 06:12 PM

Peek-a-boo really defines this mech, and the faster you can peek-a-boo, the better you will be. Although, one of my favorite tricks in an area with little cover is to full on charge my opponent, then right when we are in each others faces, I dodge to the side. This ends up confusing the enemy, and I keep dodging to stay behind him. It works great on DM. Not so great on TDM/MA/Siege.

ReachH said:

I dub thee, Guiotine, 'Coloxxen, the mech pokemon'

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 02 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

This wall of text gets the AJK Seal of Approval.

#8 Taw_Archangel

Taw_Archangel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted March 25 2013 - 07:22 PM

I find that I preform better with the Big Flak over the mini. But if you don't have to much accuracy with your tow that should be your primary focus. Honestly, dodge a lot, and if you need more fuel, use it to get more dodges in rather than use it to run away/cover ground.
I am known as a few names. Sicarius_X, PilotError, and Archangel. Also, C-class master race ;)
Posted Image

#9 RentAKnight

RentAKnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted March 26 2013 - 07:47 AM

In case folks follow this thread instead of the other scout thread: https://community.pl...ed/#entry239398
Inactive.

#10 REDSH1FT

REDSH1FT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Today, 07:45 AM

I roll my scout with the mini flak, you do good constant damage and you don't have to worry if one of your shots misses. It has a fairly good dpm.
For using the tow rocket i recommend coming behind someone and getting the first tow shot off, then continue to pester them with the mini flak and shots from the tow. Remember, if it misses always detonate it. For items I like the radar scrambler, repair charge and the hologram. At first it sounds like a very unconventional load out but hear me out. The radar scrambler allows you to sneak up on lone mechs in an area and solo them. The hologram could be used as a mere distraction or a way to set a trap. The most important item is the repair charge. When low on health I typically run off around a corner , drop the charge , get a quick re heal right as the person chases me catches up.

equips

Deflectors: so you take less damage when excessively dodge things

Air compressor: Duh

basic reconstructor: When you are boosting away from the fight , you slowly regain health instead of stoping to repair, causing people to catch up to you.

and that's my strange load out

-RED

#11 WastingTime

WastingTime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted Today, 09:28 AM

flack peek a boo / mini flack for more sustained - all depends on your playstyle
don't stop moving
if you dont get the drop on your target; disengage
if you take damage, repair as soon as you are clear.  low health pool
be the annoying horsefly

#12 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted Today, 09:35 AM

View PostREDSH1FT, on October 31 2014 - 07:45 AM, said:

I roll my scout with the mini flak, you do good constant damage and you don't have to worry if one of your shots misses. It has a fairly good dpm.
For using the tow rocket i recommend coming behind someone and getting the first tow shot off, then continue to pester them with the mini flak and shots from the tow. Remember, if it misses always detonate it. For items I like the radar scrambler, repair charge and the hologram. At first it sounds like a very unconventional load out but hear me out. The radar scrambler allows you to sneak up on lone mechs in an area and solo them. The hologram could be used as a mere distraction or a way to set a trap. The most important item is the repair charge. When low on health I typically run off around a corner , drop the charge , get a quick re heal right as the person chases me catches up.

equips

Deflectors: so you take less damage when excessively dodge things

Air compressor: Duh

basic reconstructor: When you are boosting away from the fight , you slowly regain health instead of stoping to repair, causing people to catch up to you.

and that's my strange load out

-RED

Heh. You know this post is from a year and a half ago, right_ OP is likely long gone.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#13 Sorroritas

Sorroritas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Dimmamar

Posted Today, 09:40 AM

I am "WastingTime" reading this very old topic.
(See what I did there_)

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on October 31 2014 - 09:35 AM, said:

Heh. You know this post is from a year and a half ago, right_ OP is likely long gone.

Don't say that!
Maybe he is just riding Hawken atm obliterating everyone with his truely godly scout skills he honed for the last 1,5 years.

Edited by Sorroritas, Today, 09:43 AM.

I am the Hammer, I am the point of His spear, I am the mail about His fist.
I am the bane of His foes and the woes of the treacherous.
I am the end.

#14 hestoned

hestoned

Dev Killer

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted Today, 10:25 AM

AMERICA
http://www.twitch.tv/hestoned
  my stream. Scout and Grenadier play

#15 Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas, baby.

Posted Today, 06:27 PM

View PostSorroritas, on October 31 2014 - 09:40 AM, said:

I am "WastingTime" reading this very old topic.
(See what I did there_)

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on October 31 2014 - 09:35 AM, said:

Don't say that!
Maybe he is just riding Hawken atm obliterating everyone with his truely godly scout skills he honed for the last 1,5 years.

You rang_

Btw, heat for duelling/killing other scouts.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users