HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Failed to join game.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Scuzi

Scuzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted March 29 2013 - 02:52 PM

So what the fuzzy bunny is this.
Lately I often get this very informative error message when trying to join a game via the server broswer - the server is NOT full - I even get this bs when there are only 7/12 players on the server.

It is really a pain in the ass as there are so few servers I can join due to your brilliant ranking system (which is only an indicator for how long someone played rather than a skill-indicator...) and half of the time I will get this error.

It's like you're forcing players away from your game as I will definetly not create a new account only so I can join lower ranking servers...

#2 Memag

Memag

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationUnknown

Posted March 29 2013 - 03:14 PM

I am experiencing the same issues.
Also lag seems to be getting worse and worse with every little patch.
Since the last mini patch my games suck balls.
Former Hawken enthusiast.

#3 Kazma

Kazma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationGermany - Leipzig

Posted March 29 2013 - 05:11 PM

same here, as well as the lags like memag said.
so far only UK players, anyone else from US having this problem_

Edited by Kazma, March 29 2013 - 05:11 PM.

Posted Image
pm me for hire :)

#4 PScribs

PScribs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationThe AA. With, or without you.

Posted March 30 2013 - 05:06 AM

Having the same issues with joining here, both in US West and East games.  Sometimes backing out to the garage for a second or two, then going back to the SB makes it work again.  

Sometimes.
Mech Internals - Malibal Lotus P151HM: i7-2670QM - GTX 560M, 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz, 120GB SATA III SSD
Posted Image
Exercise Caution - I only suck 30% of the time.  Care to play the odds_

#5 Scuzi

Scuzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted March 30 2013 - 08:03 AM

The funny thing is that I often have to join a 1680 ranking game (dunno why this is even possible with 2300+ ranking as I thought the reason for the system was to prevent more mature players to join the lower ranking games) because I get the "Failed to join game" error at every 1800+ server that isn't full.

#6 Kazma

Kazma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted March 30 2013 - 08:17 AM

View PostScuzi, on March 30 2013 - 08:03 AM, said:

The funny thing is that I often have to join a 1680 ranking game (dunno why this is even possible with 2300+ ranking as I thought the reason for the system was to prevent more mature players to join the lower ranking games) because I get the "Failed to join game" error at every 1800+ server that isn't full.
yeah since today I am sometimes able to join Medium Servers, Advanced Servers start with 1650 Rating, so you can join in there with a 9000 Rating^^
Posted Image

#7 Scuzi

Scuzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted March 30 2013 - 12:49 PM

Srsly. What bull.sh.it is this_
Despite the massive lags/glitches to reach points on the map you're not supposed to reach/game crashes/connection loses/the terrible team-balance mechanic etc. Hawken still was fun but this is just to much...

And as I have never seen an answer of the meteor staff to any bug report I've mad or followed I'm starting to feel that they don't even care.

PS: I hope that you won't get any pizza as long as this bug isn't fixed. :x

#8 Subwoofer

Subwoofer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted March 30 2013 - 03:55 PM

this is the most annoying thing ever...not only do i have to wait around hoping for a siege to open up...when they do have room i get this fuzzy bunny.

i swear in between the unplayable lag spikes and this type of fuzzy bunny i'm not going to be surprised when this game starts circling the drain.
Posted Image

#9 Rerugan

Rerugan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationNL

Posted March 31 2013 - 04:28 AM

Same here, especially UK-TDM 2-2 and 3-3 have a strong presence of "you shall not pass".
"The quiescent one".

#10 Scuzi

Scuzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted April 01 2013 - 07:30 AM

So fuzzy bunny nice.
There are only 3 servers that I can join of which one is a 24-player test-server aka 250+ ping lag-show and 2 servers that will bring me the "Failed to join game" error.
On a holiday at 17:26 there is not a single uk-server that I can join via server browser (and it's not due to the ranking system restriction as I can oddly join 1600 ranking servers lately).
What a shame.

#11 Circon_Flex

Circon_Flex

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted April 02 2013 - 03:29 AM

That is defenitely true. In addition, when a game ends and the timer reaches "0" I get the message connection to server lost or timed out. The game sends me back to the garage and when I enter a new game from there my sound is suddenly gone but only during the actual game, not when I back out of it. Have to go back to the desktop and restart the launcher to make it work again. :-(
This really sucks....

#12 Kazma

Kazma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted April 02 2013 - 05:30 AM

View PostCircon_Flex, on April 02 2013 - 03:29 AM, said:

That is defenitely true. In addition, when a game ends and the timer reaches "0" I get the message connection to server lost or timed out. The game sends me back to the garage and when I enter a new game from there my sound is suddenly gone but only during the actual game, not when I back out of it. Have to go back to the desktop and restart the launcher to make it work again. :-(
This really sucks....
Oh yeah that one, I don't exactly remember when/why this happes but when I have this issue again I'm gonna send a bug report to hawken.
This is extremely annoying, not only the sound is gone, there is also a sound as if someone is pluggin in/out the audio cable.
It hurts for headset users...
Posted Image

#13 keket87

keket87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 02 2013 - 06:46 AM

Same problem (on UK server).... and this not only on Team Death Match servers, because I have also this problem on Siege and Missile Assault servers ...

#14 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted April 02 2013 - 04:23 PM

If you can't join in any game for a long period of time then quit and restart the game. That definitely helps.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#15 Funnydeath1

Funnydeath1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted April 03 2013 - 08:53 AM

These bugged rooms are appearing more often.. In 2 days i've encountered like 4/5 of them!
It's frustrating, because when someone quits or ragequits nobody will join, and if you finally find a balanced match, it then becomes a "crappy" match..
Posted Image

#16 Culex

Culex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted April 03 2013 - 04:51 PM

This has also been occurring to me on a regular basis. The 2 or 3 advanced servers that have player slots available returns me "join game failed", and every now and then a medium server shows up on the list allowing me to play there. This is pretty bad.

I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future...

I consume time... And I will consume you!
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users