HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Xbox Controller bindings - no clear binding

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted June 02 2013 - 10:35 AM

I don't want to offend anyone but.. WHY THE F*** do you play FPS using XBOX controller_ Why put yourself into an obvious disadvantage_

Posted Image

#22 Valkyrie_Stryker

Valkyrie_Stryker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted June 02 2013 - 10:41 AM

View PostTheVulong, on June 02 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

I don't want to offend anyone but.. WHY THE F*** do you play FPS using XBOX controller_ Why put yourself into an obvious disadvantage_

Like most "misguided" FPS players who come from CoD or Battlefront who started from playing on a console, they never bothered to try learning from a keyboard and mouse.

Personally, I can't even play other shooters unless it's 3rd person view on consoles anymore... (Except for Metroid Prime on the Wii, but that's a different story)

#23 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted June 02 2013 - 11:23 AM

View PostValkyrie_Stryker, on June 02 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

Like most "misguided" FPS players who come from CoD or Battlefront who started from playing on a console, they never bothered to try learning from a keyboard and mouse.

Personally, I can't even play other shooters unless it's 3rd person view on consoles anymore... (Except for Metroid Prime on the Wii, but that's a different story)
Fair enough, i guess. Cause not so long ago i've tried to play Resident evil 5 on X360 (i've beaten it 15 times on my PC before that) with my friend and that was a pain in the a$$ :D

Posted Image

#24 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted June 02 2013 - 04:31 PM

View PostValkyrie_Stryker, on June 02 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

Good god that's a pretentious thing to say. There are many, many hawken players who do just as well with a controller as they do with a keyboard & mouse - it's not about "guidance", or "putting yourself at a disadvantage" - it's about what works and is most comfortable & efficient for the end user. Take this elitist garbage somewhere else.
Posted Image

#25 Xuande

Xuande

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationShai Hulud

Posted June 03 2013 - 07:46 AM

I get tired of seeing this bs. I along with many other hawken players do just fine with our gamepads. Just because you and valkyrie suck at using gamepads with fps. Doesn't mean everyone is. Now take your "misguided" elitist fuzzy bunny somewhere else.
Ol' Betsy || CR-T Recruit   Jethro || Raider
Jim Bob || Beserker    Big Bertha || Brawler
Bubba || Bruiser            Billy-Bob || Technician
Bobby-Joe || Reaper
My name is pronounced (Shuahn-duuh) not (Juan-dee).

#26 Audible_Silence

Audible_Silence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida, USA

Posted June 03 2013 - 12:52 PM

i find it easier to move using an xbox controller in this game. precision isnt need too much. so i tend to do better with a controller.  my mouse is still right infront of me when im sniping long distances. but for the most part i use the controller. my rating is 1700.  I have no problem aiming with a mouse but moving around with a keyboard feels very unatural for me.

Posted Image

#27 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted June 03 2013 - 01:52 PM

Generally I'd say using pad puts you at a disadvantage in PC shooters, but with Hawken's slow movement, turn speed rate cap, and large hitboxes, I could easily see how people use controls and do decently with it.

Not me though. I don't have nimble thumbs. :P

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#28 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted June 04 2013 - 06:24 AM

View PostXuande, on June 03 2013 - 07:46 AM, said:

I get tired of seeing this bs. I along with many other hawken players do just fine with our gamepads. Just because you and valkyrie suck at using gamepads with fps. Doesn't mean everyone is. Now take your "misguided" elitist fuzzy bunny somewhere else.
Wow, hey.. Calm down, bro. I don't want any truobles.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 erathic

erathic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationSentium Design HQ

Posted December 15 2013 - 06:08 AM

Hey there, is any controller user figured out how to unbind the default controller inputs at least A X Y B _
As i'm now using Xpadder too, I would like to be able to use key combos using theses buttons :

Using item 1,2,3 binded to X Y B, this can be done using the current set-up.
But now i would like to add 3,4,5 (for co-op upgrades) to a key combo : LS click (hold) + X,Y,B
It's easy to set up in Xpadder, but if X,Y,B is already binded in the game, it trigger both commands (In-game+Xpadder) at the same time.
Resulting the assigned item to drop and the upgrade to unlock, wich is not very cool.

Also key-combo would allow to bind holo taunt and mech taunt in a way they could not be pressed by accident, and interfer with "primary commands" in the heat of a fight.

I've searched and found similar threads about binding but with no success.

Still no luck so far _

At least using Xpadder to launch game and navigate garage is already improving gameplay A LOT

Edited by erathic, December 15 2013 - 06:09 AM.

Posted Image

#30 JonnyRedHed

JonnyRedHed

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted December 24 2013 - 11:50 PM

[font="Calibri"]Just an update,  With some luck we should be seeing wired xbox one controllers for PC in the first half of 2014 once MS get the driver sorted.  So full support for that would be good including full xbox one controller rumble support (inc triggers).   Also with an eye on the valve controller as and when it makes an appearance. [/font]

To make controllers (game pads) much better and almost complete for the game in my opinion.

I posted here [LINK] about:
  • Rumble on explosions and nearby events, movement, collisions and weapons fire.  With rumble amount values set accordingly.
  • Clear controller binding option (hold Esc for 2 sec's).  and no auto fill that blank binding.
  • ADS -  for those weapons with scoped sights, to slow down the ADS (look) whilst scoped/zooming.
  • 180 - Bind to one key option for controllers and K&M, as well as keeping 'Shift+S'.
If you agree, like the post.

thanks.
[font=georgia,serif]-Jonny[/font]

[font=georgia,serif]"I heal. I am the Healer.  Come lay down thy broken chassis, and wash thyself in the beam of life"[/font]

#31 JonnyRedHed

JonnyRedHed

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted May 30 2014 - 06:22 AM

Any news yet on better xbox360 support.  As in adding in rumble.   Also any new on xbox one and valve controller support.

Also is there any force feedback support yet for those who want to use HOTAs or just one force feedback joystick, not be be confused with rumble.  But I guess anything would be something new at least.

[font=georgia,serif]"I heal. I am the Healer.  Come lay down thy broken chassis, and wash thyself in the beam of life"[/font]

#32 Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted May 30 2014 - 06:32 AM

I don't think controller support is a top priority for devs, which is unfortunate for couch gamers.

#33 JonnyRedHed

JonnyRedHed

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted May 30 2014 - 07:22 AM

Oh well I was just checking in. I guess the same answer for Nvidia Apex destruction levels.

#34 DaPheel

DaPheel

EXPLOSIONS_

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted May 30 2014 - 07:31 AM

Cast off the shackles of the X-Box controller, free yourselves brothers and sisters!

Mine eyes hath seen the true path, and it is the one of mouse and keyboard!

My aim is straight and true!

Testify!
Posted Image"OFFICIAL SHIELD BEARER"
Spoiler

#35 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted May 30 2014 - 07:32 AM

google xbox.exe, or xbox360.exe
iscramble the firing/trigger and other redundant settings assignments on my joypad, and link the lefthand kb stuff to it. i use the mouse for rh/firing, & button 3-6 inputs. lazy, i know, but loads faster, especially after about half a bottle of wine...  :D

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#36 Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted May 30 2014 - 11:20 AM

View PostDaPheel, on May 30 2014 - 07:31 AM, said:

Cast off the shackles of the X-Box controller, free yourselves brothers and sisters!

Mine eyes hath seen the true path, and it is the one of mouse and keyboard!

My aim is straight and true!

Testify!

I know the kb/m is superior, but the controller feels so good. Plus I play a lot of other games with the controller, I play in the living room aaaaand eventually in my theater. kb/m have no place in my gaming environment.

#37 JonnyRedHed

JonnyRedHed

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted August 16 2014 - 10:07 PM

One quick question.   Has rumble been added in on the xbox 360 and xbox one controllers yet.

#38 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted August 16 2014 - 11:05 PM

View PostJonnyRedHed, on August 16 2014 - 10:07 PM, said:

One quick question.   Has rumble been added in on the xbox 360 and xbox one controllers yet.

currently, no. the best you can do for rumble is use Xpadder and assign rumble function to buttons (which pretty much just initiates 100% rumble when a button is pressed or held down, I programmed rumble when firing weapons but it felt strange) I imagine it would be pretty challenging to program rumble for a game where there's so much movement and activity that could warrant controller rumble happening all the time - do you include rumble for each mech step_ what about weapons/explosions/weapon impacts_ boosting_ hovering_ or none_ mixing and matching rumble for certain events and not others could come out feeling very strange too.
Posted Image

#39 JonnyRedHed

JonnyRedHed

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted August 17 2014 - 12:53 AM

View PostBeefsweat, on August 16 2014 - 11:05 PM, said:

View PostJonnyRedHed, on August 16 2014 - 10:07 PM, said:

currently, no. the best you can do for rumble is use Xpadder and assign rumble function to buttons (which pretty much just initiates 100% rumble when a button is pressed or held down, I programmed rumble when firing weapons but it felt strange) I imagine it would be pretty challenging to program rumble for a game where there's so much movement and activity that could warrant controller rumble happening all the time - do you include rumble for each mech step_ what about weapons/explosions/weapon impacts_ boosting_ hovering_ or none_ mixing and matching rumble for certain events and not others could come out feeling very strange too.

Ah ok, thanks.  Seems like an obvious thing to have when supporting xbox pads.   Programming up rumble isn't to hard once you get into it and can be all balanced out quite easy enough.  All vibration events and weapon events, just like other games with heavy weapons fire and vehicles.

Yes I use xpadder and have done the best I can with the rumble effect.  But its not the same when you can't re-create proper haptic events. When I last played (Nov 2013) I had a little for forward movement, and boost and various levels for weapons fire. But you cannot simulate hits and collisions or have any other types of rumble to simulate the other types of forces.

I'm curious to see how the xbox one's force feedback triggers are going to perform.  So far nothing seems to happen when attached to the PC, which I assume is just the new games with it programmed have yet to filter through to PC.

Edited by JonnyRedHed, August 17 2014 - 01:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users