HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

How do I enable Oculus Rift mode_

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 BradersVal

BradersVal

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted August 05 2013 - 12:31 PM

View PostMacGoose, on August 05 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure he said 12.12.12.  Anywho.  Downloading Hawken now because of the aforementioned video...

Yes he did say 12.12.12, but that video was uploaded nearly a year ago and well...  plans change.

The current build of Hawken with the alterations to the .ini files does render on the Rift. However it has an extreme FoV and the Hud does not draw. It's practically unplayable especially with the limited resolution.

By all means, definately download Hawken. But please don't be disappointed with the current Rift support and drop the game entirely.

As people have already stated; the next imminent* patch will support the Rift more substantially.

*the term "imminent" is by no means defininative and should be regarded in terms closer to the Gaben definition of imminent
Posted Image

#22 MacGoose

MacGoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted August 05 2013 - 01:17 PM

View PostBradersVal, on August 05 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

By all means, definately download Hawken. But please don't be disappointed with the current Rift support and drop the game entirely.

Due to the Oculus Rift being in development I don't expect anything to be finished.

Thought I would say I am a bit let down by the fact when I saw the movie on youtube, I first thought he said 12.12.13, as it would be the most logical.  But I quickly discovered he said 12.12.12 and that I could download it now and be mesmerized.  Sadly the 12.12.12 showed itself to be a tad overestimated.

Howevere, as I said, I don't expect it to be great.  But I expect to see new innovation.  Looking forward to see what they do with the 2D GUI.  Most likely that's what causing the delay.

#23 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted August 05 2013 - 06:49 PM

According to the producers letter of july 19th, basic support for the rift will be included in the upcoming patch.

#24 TricketD

TricketD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted August 07 2013 - 02:34 PM

Only had a quick go but other than the HUD seems to work fine to me. Pretty cool. Just change Engine.Sterio3D to True. Bit too zoomed but still a good experience. Gonna play around with the inis a bit more. Will post if I find some good settings. Just as with the UDK tho, it really shows the low resolution. Less textured worlds look better on rift at the moment.

#25 Sakarias88

Sakarias88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted August 10 2013 - 09:07 AM

I've been able to get oculus support ONCE.
First time I started the game I got it in the oculus rift mode. Could see the login screen in my oculus.
Logged in, couldn't see all menu options so in other words I couldn't start the game in my oculus because I couldn't see the whole menu.
So I quit the game and thought I would clone my normal computer screen so I could see the menu in it.
Ever since I cloned my screen I haven't been able to get support of the oculus rift.
Cloned screen = no support for occulus rift.
occulus rift as main screen = no support or not being able to start the game.

#26 TricketD

TricketD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted August 19 2013 - 02:29 AM

Still works fine for me. Little tip guys. For any UDK game (including Hawken) set the resolution to 1080p and let it downscale itself. It looks much, much smoother. Also make sure motion blur is on. If you're nervous about changing the configs, just save a copy of the system and engine ini somewhere and then play around with the settings until you find something you like. Good luck!

#27 MickMech

MickMech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted September 11 2013 - 06:11 PM

Hi ya.....   I am trying now to get my Rift enabled to run in Hawken ( after the latest Ascension Patch )

Now I can see two screens... but no head tracking & the screens meet in the middle... its as though I am simply viewing one screen that is squeezed in the middle... normally in the Rift you see two identical images side by side... but now I see one image but through two lenses.. does this make sense __  

I tried adjusting the .ini file   but no luck as of yet.

#28 ripcurl123

ripcurl123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 13 2013 - 02:17 AM

20131013_110809.jpg 20131013_110935.jpg can someone tell me what the hell is going on here ive spent hours trying to get this going in oculus mode, im running windows 7 on asus g73jw gaming laptop, it runs ok oculus warping works but still in mono screen not stereo ive turn on stereo but still get these screens check out pics 1 and 2 ,any help would be apreiciated dave.. ps ive followed cymatic bruces video  

Edited by ripcurl123, October 14 2013 - 04:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users