HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

How do I enable Oculus Rift mode_

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Skylead

Skylead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSpace Colonies

Posted April 25 2013 - 04:03 PM

I can control the head of the pilot but don't see a video option to show both eyes and warp the screen. How do I enable the visuals_

#2 KaszaWspraju

KaszaWspraju

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted April 25 2013 - 04:53 PM

TF2 is so far the only game that supports Oculus Rift. Hawken has only a technology demo.
Hawken did not even have ui/hud in game, in version presented at the PAX and GDC. Really a lot of time will pass before we can play with Oculus Rift on our heads.

https://community.pl...s-rift-support/

INTEL i5-4670K * ASUS Z87-A * GOODRAM DDR3 2x4GB * GIGABYTE GTX 760 OC rev 2.0 * X-Fi XTREME MUSIC * GRADO SR-60

SAMSUNG EVO 120GB * OCZ STEALTHXSTREAM 2 600W * Win 7 64
@ defekt : Mobility is King and burst damage is Queen. Checkmate.
Gdy byłem młodszy byłem bardziej beztroski... aha... nie lubię już POLSKI !

#3 Skylead

Skylead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSpace Colonies

Posted April 25 2013 - 04:58 PM

No I'm saying I can look around the cockpit already.

Edit: Proof

http://www.twitch.tv...pit/b/395702508

Edited by Skylead, April 25 2013 - 05:03 PM.

#4 IronMan42

IronMan42

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted April 25 2013 - 05:23 PM

Dude that is awesome, not sure if you've checked the oculusvr dev site yet and i can't try this as i don't have mine yet but i'm just going to post a post from over there:

Quickstart guide: Edit C:\UDK\UDK-2013-03\UDKGame\Config\UDKEngine.ini

look for:
[Engine.Stereo3D]
bEnabled=False

change :
bEnabled=True

It will work on your rift and knock your socks off!!!

I'm sure there are actual directions and tutorials coming but this could save some people time and frustration.

you'll probably have to go to your Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame\Config\HawkenEngine.ini file and search for the Engine.Stereo3D and make the change, if it doesn't exist you can try adding it.

and actually i just doublechecked and it's all there this is in my HawkenEngine.ini !!

[Engine.Stereo3D]
bEnabled=False
EyeDistance=0.064000
HudDepth=3000.000000
bOverrideFov=False
CrosshairOffset=1280.000000
bVisibilityTestBothViews=True
bOverrideRecenter=False
bOverride2D=False
FrustumOffset=0.000000
FovX=0.000000
FovY=180.000000
Aspect=0.000000
HudOffset=10.666667

[Engine.Oculus]
bEnableHud=True
bDisableControllerPitch=False
bHideGun=True
bDisableDeathAnims=True
EyePosInHead=(X=2.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=5.000000)
bDisableMomentum=True
bUseDotCrosshair=True
CrosshairAlpha=64
bUseDotCrosshair=False
CrosshairSize=6.000000
CrosshairMinDistance=180.000000
YawMult=1.000000
AccelGain=0.050000
MotionPrediction=0.020000
MotionPredictionMode=2
bDisableWalkBob=False
bUpdateOnRT=True
bEnableDevSettings=False
bOverrideDistortion=False
AddEyeHeight=0.000000
UserDistortion=(X=0.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=0.000000)

Try just setting bEnabled=True

#5 Skylead

Skylead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSpace Colonies

Posted April 25 2013 - 05:26 PM

Excellent I will test it later and get back to you.

#6 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted April 25 2013 - 06:53 PM

I don't really know, both because I don't have one, and I've never messed with one, but I'm going to toss this out there anyways.

[Engine.Stereo3D]
bEnabled=False

First, by setting bEnabled to true, I'm guessing that that will probably not enable the oculus rift display, it will most likely just enable stereo 3d, because its in the Stereo3D subcategory.

My guess is either you have to put bEnabled=true in the [Engine.Oculus] subcategory and that might make things happy.  Also, its entirely possible that the bEnabled function is only for stereo 3D, and there is some other function needing to be called and set to true.  It could be like bOculusEnabled or whatever they decided to call it, however as you can see, its been left out for whatever reason.

So, My first thing I'd toy with is setting bEnableDevSettings to True and see what that does.  Maybe it'll open up something interesting.

Good luck.
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#7 Skylead

Skylead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSpace Colonies

Posted April 26 2013 - 02:07 PM

Update:

I went into the ini files and this was the result

http://www.twitch.tv...pit/b/396064088

It's not yet usable as it seems to be configured for the 5.5" screen not the 7" screen in the current dev kit. Also all my mechs are missing from the list.

#8 techno_destructo

techno_destructo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted April 27 2013 - 11:06 AM

Really wish we would get some official posting about Rift integration. In all my time on these forums stretching back to Alpha I have not seen anyone from the dev team chime in with some more information about the rift. As the community of eager Rift testers will only continue to grow, I think we deserve to see an update of some sort regarding the Rift.

It's in their best interests, honestly, because what people are hacking together right now is pretty awkward. Even a brief run-down of settings so people could attempt to recreate what was shown at GDC would be more useful. It's all trial and error wild west up in this joint at the moment.
Delete Yourself.

#9 z0mbie

z0mbie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationIn orbit

Posted April 27 2013 - 02:54 PM

^^ Yeah some devs should speak up.

#10 Umbre

Umbre

Cat/Xeno Hybrid

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Canada

Posted April 27 2013 - 03:16 PM

The Oculus Rift Dev Kits were intended for developers to use. Pretty sure there was a disclaimer stating that anyone purchasing the dev kit for the purposes of playing games with it would receive an incredibly inferior product that offered minimal results. The intelligent thing to do would be to wait until they have developed a consumer version of the product, when there is ample support for the technology. You would be getting a much higher quality and functional product then.

#11 z0mbie

z0mbie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationIn orbit

Posted April 27 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostUmbre, on April 27 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

The Oculus Rift Dev Kits were intended for developers to use. Pretty sure there was a disclaimer stating that anyone purchasing the dev kit for the purposes of playing games with it would receive an incredibly inferior product that offered minimal results. The intelligent thing to do would be to wait until they have developed a consumer version of the product, when there is ample support for the technology. You would be getting a much higher quality and functional product then.

Actually there was supposed to be support at launch of open beta.

#12 IronMan42

IronMan42

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted April 27 2013 - 06:46 PM

This hasn't been posted yet and i'm pretty sure skylead saw it as i saw his post over on reddit, but for more excitement check this out this link to reddit.

#13 Dracoslayer16

Dracoslayer16

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted April 27 2013 - 07:35 PM

View Postz0mbie, on April 27 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

View PostUmbre, on April 27 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

Actually there was supposed to be support at launch of open beta.
It's true, they did say the game will be fully functional with the rift when the game went Live.  However, from what we've seen this is incomplete and only some of the functions are in game so far including the HUD.  Even in the tech demo they showed off they still hadn't made the HUD show on the screen making aiming nearly impossible.  Best to just keep your ears open and wait for more development on the rift/Hawken.
Posted Image

#14 Spiderz

Spiderz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationMarcoola Beach, QLD, AUS

Posted May 11 2013 - 08:34 PM

View Postz0mbie, on April 27 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

^^ Yeah some devs should speak up.

after such a long hiatus i return to hawken with full expectations to see some oculus rift footage after watching that rift promo video with CEO mark long actually saying it will be ready-to-go and while i respect that these are "developer kits" and aren't meant to be a consumer product and offer consumer functionality, the* developers of this game promised functionality with these kits, on 12-12-12.

i really don't care if this works with hawken or not yet, i'm more concerned with credibility and transparency if a company says "oh yeah we're doing that its totally going to work and its going to be great" then good for you guy, sure thing! i totally expected to come on the boards and see some rift videos

instead i do a search just to find a thread of people breaking TOS to try and do what the devs promised us last year

they finally let us know whats going on with ultra wide triple monitors which is depressing.... UGHH! fail.

Edited by Spiderz, May 11 2013 - 08:35 PM.

DAMN SON! WHERE'D YOU FIND THIS!_
i want keybinding that makes my mech play this tune with acouple twirling beacon lights.
click banner for clan info
Posted Image

#15 BlackBaron

BlackBaron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted June 01 2013 - 07:15 PM

Well, i kinda got it to work using the 'oculusoverlay' app. It Looks fine but the controls are wonky with the mouse in addition to the head tracking. Also, my targeting redicle disapeared and my weapons don't work.

Edited by BlackBaron, June 01 2013 - 07:25 PM.

#16 michaeleconomy

michaeleconomy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted July 12 2013 - 04:14 PM

any updates on this_

Is play enjoyable or should i wait_

#17 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted July 12 2013 - 07:48 PM

View Postmichaeleconomy, on July 12 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

any updates on this_

Is play enjoyable or should i wait_

What I figure, unless you can work your way with .ini files and the such with relative ease, wait for the consumer Rift to become available, as only the developer's version is available, which isn't consumer ready.  When it is consumer ready, you'll have a stronger support base for the technology plus a higher quality experience.  Wait.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#18 Skylead

Skylead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSpace Colonies

Posted July 18 2013 - 10:44 AM

Next patch is getting Rift support

#19 HypeMonger

HypeMonger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted July 28 2013 - 08:15 PM

stoked
Posted Image

#20 MacGoose

MacGoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted August 05 2013 - 10:03 AM

I'm pretty sure he said 12.12.12.  Anywho.  Downloading Hawken now because of the aforementioned video...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users