HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

ALL Female Clans

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted April 26 2013 - 08:20 AM

View PostCountrygal, on April 26 2013 - 08:08 AM, said:

Ropefish... you made me giggeling... like a chick :angry:  ;)
okkk.............................
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#22 Rainier

Rainier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted April 26 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostCountrygal, on April 26 2013 - 06:38 AM, said:

But.... shame on me... just remembering at this moment: first thing I did was to gave my Mech a pinky painting  :o
Oh dear.... ;)

Now now, there's nothing wrong with liking "pink" and culturally feminine things.  Growing up I used to consider it a weakness, but I've mostly gotten over it.  I've made some good friends who are more interested in "those things."  I've never really been too interested in that stuff, but I'm trying to own it a bit more.

BACK on topic, thus far I've been pretty impressed with how the community treats women.  (See: No differently.)  I've gotten some vague "hey bebe"s on the voice chat, but they're more funny/only mildly annoying.  Like I mentioned in the poll thread, I used to have some anxiety in regards to "outting" myself, and then having my relative lack of skill be correlated with my chromosomes, but as I've improved those feelings have faded.

I don't know why, but it makes me really happy to see other girls on here.  I don't know many serious lady gamers in my day-to-day life.
Posted Image

#23 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted April 26 2013 - 04:28 PM

What's wrong with a pink mech! I am a manly man and I actually have a pink scout with purple trim.

because bow ties are cool

#24 YellerBill

YellerBill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • LocationConstructing Additional Pylons

Posted April 26 2013 - 04:31 PM

View PostOdinTheWise, on April 26 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

What's wrong with a pink mech! I am a manly man and I actually have a pink scout with purple trim.

Real men play pink CR-T.

I was not dead... I was only sleeping.

#25 just_chris

just_chris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted April 26 2013 - 09:01 PM

View PostLovelyRita, on April 26 2013 - 06:41 AM, said:

View PostFrouste, on April 26 2013 - 04:45 AM, said:

I have to make an inquiry here, by acting like toddlers, what do you mean_

Just that I feel like I ususally end up on a team of people who run about wildly in no sort of group or understandable pattern.. Just like a group of excitable  toddlers running in cirlces.

I've come across the same problem, and I find it quite frustrating at times. I'm pushing 40, and I want a rich experience when I dedicate my time to a game session.

What I want from an online multiplayer game is teamwork, communication, and leadership. I come from a background of tabletop wargaming, so I guess it's natural that I think of things in terms of tactical maneuvering and so on though.
My flatmate (a few years younger than I, but also a wargamer) says all he wants from an FPS is to shoot stuff. Different strokes...
I'm sure just blowing poo* up haphazardly can be very satisfying for some people, and I guess it's just as valid a reason to play games - getting what you want from your leisure time.

Maybe you just want different things out of your gaming sessions than many other players...
From playing Hawken the way I like to (lots of communicating, trying to coordinate my actions with the team etc.), I've found friends here who like to play the same way.

My advice is for you to find clans, teams, or friends who want the same kind of gaming experience you do, and play with them!

*BTW, as an aside, I am stunned that the profanity filter in these forums is so restrictive that even the word c.r.a.p. is edited out. You Americans are SO uptight! Hell, here in Oz, you can drop the S-bomb on daytime radio, the F-bomb on primetime free-to-air TV, and the C-bomb is frowned upon only in polite company (so I mostly refrain from using it around my Mum).
Relax, guys! They're just words - children will not be permanently scarred by hearing the word "poopy" or "loving embrace" or "wee-wees".
Posted Image

#26 LovelyRita

LovelyRita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationPepperland

Posted April 27 2013 - 09:25 AM

View PostRainier, on April 26 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

But.... shame on me... just remembering at this moment: first thing I did was to gave my Mech a pinky painting  :o
Oh dear.... ;)

Now now, there's nothing wrong with liking "pink" and culturally feminine things.  Growing up I used to consider it a weakness, but I've mostly gotten over it.  I've made some good friends who are more interested in "those things."  I've never really been too interested in that stuff, but I'm trying to own it a bit more.

BACK on topic, thus far I've been pretty impressed with how the community treats women.  (See: No differently.)  I've gotten some vague "hey bebe"s on the voice chat, but they're more funny/only mildly annoying.  Like I mentioned in the poll thread, I used to have some anxiety in regards to "outting" myself, and then having my relative lack of skill be correlated with my chromosomes, but as I've improved those feelings have faded.

I don't know why, but it makes me really happy to see other girls on here.  I don't know many serious lady gamers in my day-to-day life.

Personally prefer the purples to the pinks (never much of girly girl myself). And how anyone could want a room that looks like it's the stage for the next pepto commercial is beyond me but to each their own. Rock your passion fruit pink Countrygal.

I know a total of one female gamer, me. The clan idea is more so a way to help bring the lady gaming community together so that we know were not alone out there. It's more so about bringing ladies together to play then to all be on out own team representing the XX chroms. I've half been thinking if maybe it would be a good idea just to start up like a Female Fight Club. instead of trying to pull people from there clans they're already part of.

Just_Chris I want the same style game play.. And Americans are way to whiny, thats why I jumped ship and left the country lol. I def though need to pick up a mic though.. Anyone know any good wireless mics_ (The problem with playing from the couch, everything must be wireless)
Posted Image

#27 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted April 30 2013 - 10:34 AM

View Postjust_chris, on April 26 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

View PostLovelyRita, on April 26 2013 - 06:41 AM, said:

View PostFrouste, on April 26 2013 - 04:45 AM, said:

I have to make an inquiry here, by acting like toddlers, what do you mean_

Just that I feel like I ususally end up on a team of people who run about wildly in no sort of group or understandable pattern.. Just like a group of excitable  toddlers running in cirlces.

I've come across the same problem, and I find it quite frustrating at times. I'm pushing 40, and I want a rich experience when I dedicate my time to a game session.

What I want from an online multiplayer game is teamwork, communication, and leadership. I come from a background of tabletop wargaming, so I guess it's natural that I think of things in terms of tactical maneuvering and so on though.
My flatmate (a few years younger than I, but also a wargamer) says all he wants from an FPS is to shoot stuff. Different strokes...
I'm sure just blowing poo* up haphazardly can be very satisfying for some people, and I guess it's just as valid a reason to play games - getting what you want from your leisure time.

Maybe you just want different things out of your gaming sessions than many other players...
From playing Hawken the way I like to (lots of communicating, trying to coordinate my actions with the team etc.), I've found friends here who like to play the same way.

My advice is for you to find clans, teams, or friends who want the same kind of gaming experience you do, and play with them!

*BTW, as an aside, I am stunned that the profanity filter in these forums is so restrictive that even the word c.r.a.p. is edited out. You Americans are SO uptight! Hell, here in Oz, you can drop the S-bomb on daytime radio, the F-bomb on primetime free-to-air TV, and the C-bomb is frowned upon only in polite company (so I mostly refrain from using it around my Mum).
Relax, guys! They're just words - children will not be permanently scarred by hearing the word "poopy" or "loving embrace" or "wee-wees".

as for the strategy side, there are days where i want to work as a team and then there are days when i want to just go in and stomp the ever living fuzzy bunny out of a team.

as for the language filter: i am an american an i agree. language filters are lame, esspecially when you can just use the voice chat to curs up a storm if you wanted

#28 Dinre

Dinre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted April 30 2013 - 11:02 AM

I like the idea of an all-girl clan, but I think you may find what many of us have found in other circles... gender isn't enough to bind a group together.  Instead, you may have more luck building comaraderie with a group of people around a mindset or topic that is more common in females.  You may end up with a couple guys in the group as a minority, but you'll be much more likely to have a clan that can really rally together.  It also gives you something to actually talk about in your clan forums.

Just a thought.

Posted Image

#29 Brave_Sir_Robin

Brave_Sir_Robin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • LocationNearby the model of Camelot

Posted April 30 2013 - 11:44 AM

View Postropefish, on April 26 2013 - 07:15 AM, said:

wait...............

there are chicks that actually play this game

Posted Image
THIS-GAME-FORM-IS -COMPLETE
that is all

I hate to be a ball-buster, but are we all forgetting rule #30 of the Internets_

Rule #30 - There are no girls on the internet.

I believe Hawken can be considered part of the Internet, so...

Edited by Brave_Sir_Robin, April 30 2013 - 11:44 AM.

Posted Image

Need some advice on your next Mech_ Check out this thread!

#30 gwynbleidd7263

gwynbleidd7263

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted May 02 2013 - 02:32 AM

View PostLuaq, on April 26 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

with a male slave in the clan_ I want to take that role hihi hoho hehe. :P

yeah and that day it was stated: ALL FEMALE CLANS SHALL HAVE MALE SLAVES! THE SLAVES SHALL BE BEATEN AND HAVE NO FOOD OR SEX OR ANYTHING THAT THE ABOVE QUOTED MIGHT DESIRE FROM HIS WOMANLY MECH PILOT CAPTORS!
Posted ImageLoud feet reap what's sown
    Fluttering birds fly unseen
  Your screams were cut short
    Your severed tongue is tribute
  To cultivated silence.     --Reaper "Severed Tongue"

#31 gwynbleidd7263

gwynbleidd7263

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted May 02 2013 - 02:34 AM

View PostLovelyRita, on April 27 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

View PostRainier, on April 26 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

Oh dear.... ;)

Personally prefer the purples to the pinks (never much of girly girl myself). And how anyone could want a room that looks like it's the stage for the next pepto commercial is beyond me but to each their own. Rock your passion fruit pink Countrygal.

I know a total of one female gamer, me. The clan idea is more so a way to help bring the lady gaming community together so that we know were not alone out there. It's more so about bringing ladies together to play then to all be on out own team representing the XX chroms. I've half been thinking if maybe it would be a good idea just to start up like a Female Fight Club. instead of trying to pull people from there clans they're already part of.

Just_Chris I want the same style game play.. And Americans are way to whiny, thats why I jumped ship and left the country lol. I def though need to pick up a mic though.. Anyone know any good wireless mics_ (The problem with playing from the couch, everything must be wireless)
i think Poetess would wreck everyone and then everyone would be like. well....its been real.lol
Posted ImageLoud feet reap what's sown
    Fluttering birds fly unseen
  Your screams were cut short
    Your severed tongue is tribute
  To cultivated silence.     --Reaper "Severed Tongue"

#32 Kmaleon73

Kmaleon73

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • LocationVenezuela-Maracaibo-Edo Zulia

Posted May 02 2013 - 06:42 AM

This I think is the second post on this subject clearly to me and I agree to form a clan q ladies, and of course the hope to see them in the field to meet them. :D

#33 vici

vici

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted May 06 2013 - 12:56 AM

!!!!! 0_0 I WOULD LOVEEE TO JOIN!!!

#34 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted May 06 2013 - 12:28 PM

Honestly, this idea would work best as a club so that the ladies that are in clans don't have to leave a clan. A club would be more successful.

#35 LovelyRita

LovelyRita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationPepperland

Posted May 08 2013 - 07:21 AM

View PostOdinTheWise, on May 06 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

Honestly, this idea would work best as a club so that the ladies that are in clans don't have to leave a clan. A club would be more successful.

I was actually thinking something of the same. Like a once of twice a week  Fight Club where we just play together for fun so that newer members and people who are already part of clans can participate... Like a scrims. Really to just build a wider friend base. Any tips on how to start_
Posted Image

#36 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted May 08 2013 - 07:10 PM

View PostLovelyRita, on May 08 2013 - 07:21 AM, said:

I was actually thinking something of the same. Like a once of twice a week  Fight Club where we just play together for fun so that newer members and people who are already part of clans can participate... Like a scrims. Really to just build a wider friend base. Any tips on how to start_
Just see if someone will let you hijack a teamspeak for a while. If you join the BSB, we definitely could see about accommodating your needs ;). Just as well, membership is not necessary. We have lots of space and some of our guys would probably help/hang out.

#37 LovelyRita

LovelyRita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationPepperland

Posted May 09 2013 - 07:10 AM

View PostOdinTheWise, on May 08 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

Just see if someone will let you hijack a teamspeak for a while. If you join the BSB, we definitely could see about accommodating your needs ;). Just as well, membership is not necessary. We have lots of space and some of our guys would probably help/hang out.

Well I submitted an application to BSB so we'll see what happens. Finger's crossed (:

P.S.
Bow ties are very cool... If I was a guy I would wear one everyday. Way classier than a tie

Edited by LovelyRita, May 09 2013 - 07:11 AM.

Posted Image

#38 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted May 09 2013 - 07:26 AM

View PostLovelyRita, on May 09 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

Well I submitted an application to BSB so we'll see what happens. Finger's crossed (:

P.S.
Bow ties are very cool... If I was a guy I would wear one everyday. Way classier than a tie
Thx about the bow ties, it's a doctor who refrance. And we have need lagging behind with the apps. Seems I need to break out the whip and get saturnine buissy lol

#39 LovelyRita

LovelyRita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationPepperland

Posted May 09 2013 - 09:22 AM

View PostOdinTheWise, on May 09 2013 - 07:26 AM, said:

View PostLovelyRita, on May 09 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

P.S.
Thx about the bow ties, it's a doctor who refrance. And we have need lagging behind with the apps. Seems I need to break out the whip and get saturnine buissy lol
Doctor Who huh_ I've been meaning to check those out for awhile, aren't there two versions of the show_ I know a lot of people who are big fans of the series.
Posted Image

#40 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 09 2013 - 09:28 AM

I've to admit that I'd love to hear you guys on TeamSpeak as you fight in Hawken as a team. :)

Hoping you record and upload some Hawken match to Youtube soon! :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users