HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PantokratoR

PantokratoR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted April 29 2013 - 05:37 AM

- Different types of ammunitions
- Augmented Reality like this http://jayse.tv/v2/w...yse_hansen1.jpg but in a retro way
- a supporting little drone who is flying near your head... just like those repairing drones but they can shoot too
u can deploy a shooting drone, radar drone etc etc
- New special abilities like seeing through walls for a short period of time, shutting down enemy mechs for a short period of time so they cant move, system hacking so the enemy attacks his team mates
- sticky grenades/mines/crab mines they put their selfes in to the ground and when mech is near them they go up infront of ur head and boom just like in crysis 3 those mines were pretty cool
- cloak for sniper types mechs
- more customizations like putting lights on ur mech,
- one special ability per mech is kind a poor for me it would be cool if there were at least 3 special abilities
- melee attack like a kick or something
- maybe a tripod mech _
- weapon jamming

#2 Aptest

Aptest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted April 29 2013 - 06:53 AM

View PostPantokratoR, on April 29 2013 - 05:37 AM, said:

- cloak for sniper types mechs

For a game to have the right kind of imbalance classes need to have advantages and disadvantages. When I say disadvantages, I mean to say disabilities that other classes can prey upon and exploit. Each and every mech needs to have a specific strategy to which it is vulnerable.

This design principle dictates that abilities given to mechs complement their strong points, rather than cover their disadvantages. Which is to say, giving sniper mechs "an escape" is allowing them to not have to deal with opponents at close range, whereas an opponent that actually managed to get into close range to a sniper should be rewarded by a crippled opponent.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users