HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Clean hidden stuff off of the website

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted September 18 2012 - 11:21 AM

If you don't remove testing/unfinished parts of the site before putting it into production, people like me will find stuff like this...

http://imgur.com/a/WfBup

It's funny what 30 seconds in firebug and 5 minutes with the snipping tool will give you...

(You can pull the link if you fix it but please don't delete the post :) )

Edited by Ashfire908, September 18 2012 - 11:21 AM.

Developer of ScrimBot and the canceled Hawken leaderboards
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
Yes, I am a wizard - There is no cupcake conspiracy
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#2 Ra1nstorm

Ra1nstorm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 11:32 AM

On the "Add a Card" screen, the Sentium reference points to one of the factions of mechs in this game.  The other faction are called Prosk.  Cool find!

#3 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted September 18 2012 - 12:04 PM

View PostRa1nstorm, on September 18 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

On the "Add a Card" screen, the Sentium reference points to one of the factions of mechs in this game.  The other faction are called Prosk.  Cool find!
I figured it was something like that. The web team has a knack for having unfinished parts of the site exposed. I saw the previous site before it was released due to an email error, and a private forums due to a typo I made. I poke around stuff like this for fun. :) One time I found a hidden API for Halo 3: ODST and reverse engineered the events data it gave. You could generate some pretty interesting stats from the data, although no one cared about the game really so it was never used and since then the stats for the game have stopped working.

Edited by Ashfire908, September 18 2012 - 12:08 PM.

Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#4 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted September 18 2012 - 05:24 PM

View PostAshfire908, on September 18 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

If you don't remove testing/unfinished parts of the site before putting it into production, people like me will find stuff like this...

We applaud you for your sleuthing ability! It should be noted that these pages use copy that is not only not final but actually made up by the Web Team for the purposes of drafting and design. They shouldn't be taken as an indicator of our planned exchange rates or increments.

That said, Wilford J. Brimley should now be an easter egg in HAWKEN. I'm making a note here.
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#5 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted September 18 2012 - 10:44 PM

View PostScapes, on September 18 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

We applaud you for your sleuthing ability! It should be noted that these pages use copy that is not only not final but actually made up by the Web Team for the purposes of drafting and design. They shouldn't be taken as an indicator of our planned exchange rates or increments.

Yeah I figured as much, since I could see until the very end it doesn't actually talk to the server at all, and I said as much in the image gallery. I mentioned it though in case someone else found it and didn't realize that and went all "Why does it cost X_" :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users