HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

When are C-classes going to be looked at_

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#101 mndmtx

mndmtx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationLibya

Posted May 24 2013 - 08:51 AM

@FussyBadger if we add stopping power, accurate players, automatic weapons, heavy mechs will be more effective.

I am trying to say heavies need something. this effect seems positive for heavies, realistic.

what they remove stopping power from Gears of war_!!......Noooo.  no one will like that.
and C pilots will be more happy than B & A pilots.

I think some thing like this can add more fun and strategy, balance, this change can bring balance by it self.
Posted Image

#102 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted May 24 2013 - 10:09 AM

We finally got rid of explosive stagger and you want stopping power...

*slaps hard*

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#103 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 24 2013 - 10:14 AM

View Postmndmtx, on May 24 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

@FussyBadger if we add stopping power, accurate players, automatic weapons, heavy mechs will be more effective.

I am trying to say heavies need something. this effect seems positive for heavies, realistic.

what they remove stopping power from Gears of war_!!......Noooo.  no one will like that.
and C pilots will be more happy than B & A pilots.

I think some thing like this can add more fun and strategy, balance, this change can bring balance by it self.

Here ya go!

Posted Image
While were at it lets add a chainsaw gun and an mp5 to make it realistic. I vote for a chainsaw  shooting rocket launcher!

Edited by Leonhardt, May 24 2013 - 10:15 AM.

Posted Image

#104 FussyBadger

FussyBadger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted May 24 2013 - 10:19 AM

I understand your suggestion, I just think it could create larger problems than it'd solve in Hawken. It would benefit accurate players, but most targets are so big that accuracy isn't too tough. It would benefit automatic weapons, but it will also benefit all weapons. It will benefit heavy mechs, but it will also benefit medium and light mechs.

It's kind of like adding 50 armor to all classes helped C-mechs. Sure, it helped, but others were helped, too. So the gap remains.

#105 Dinre

Dinre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted May 24 2013 - 05:52 PM

I'm still in love with the idea of momentum transfer, instead of the clipping approach.  A boosting mech that runs into a wall bounces off (with partial momentum loss), and mechs that bump into each other experience a kinetic energy transfer.  This would result in large mechs being able to physically push smaller mechs out of the way, bump them off ledges, and other bullying behaviors.  I think it would dramatically change the CQC equation, if bull-rushing was a valid tactic.  Right now, a C-class just feels like a slower mech with some extra armor strapped on.  It doesn't actually feel bigger.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users