HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

When are C-classes going to be looked at_

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 _Hex_

_Hex_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted May 09 2013 - 11:45 AM

For the sake of time:
TL;DR: C-classes lack of maneuverability and near useless ability make them sub-par compared to other mechs. When will they get a buff_

How I think it should be:

C -> Heavy support / Hard hitters

B -> Bread and butter fighters / Well rounded mechs

A -> Flankers / Light hitters but fast

View PostLeonhardt, on April 30 2013 - 04:00 AM, said:

alt+F4 fixes this. Reinstall and as soon as you see it quickly hit alt+F4. If the game crashes restart and try again until its fixed.

#2 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted May 09 2013 - 11:48 AM

The c mechs are by no means not as good or sub par, saturnine and his brawler can kick just about anyone's ass

because bow ties are cool

#3 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted May 09 2013 - 11:50 AM

C-mechs aren't bad now if you can handle them.  Still, they'll probably be worked on at the same time that we get a new C-class.  Think about it:  When would the C-class be the highest priority_  I'd say right before or during a new C-class mech release.

Edited by WarlordZ, May 09 2013 - 11:55 AM.

#4 xXHadronCutterXx

xXHadronCutterXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted May 09 2013 - 11:52 AM

But you got to admit they're in a massive disadvantage with virtually having no ability and being so much slower. I think their boost forward speed should be slightly increased, but that's it.

Get your hard on.

#5 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted May 09 2013 - 12:04 PM

Despite the useless abilities they're fine.

Posted Image

#6 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted May 09 2013 - 12:08 PM

The ability thing is def a problem, increas in boost could be nice

because bow ties are cool

#7 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted May 09 2013 - 12:17 PM

The ability thing is def a problem, increas in boost could be nice
This won't happen, though. Otherwise they'll have to increse a B-Type's boosting as well. You know.. balance and stuff.

Posted Image

#8 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted May 09 2013 - 01:45 PM

View Post_Hex_, on May 09 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

How I think it should be:

C -> Heavy support / Hard hitters

B -> Bread and butter fighters / Well rounded mechs

A -> Flankers / Light hitters but fast

I told IRC the next time this pops up again...

*pistol whips*

View PostxXHadroncutterXx, on May 09 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

But you got to admit they're in a massive disadvantage with virtually having no ability and being so much slower. I think their boost forward speed should be slightly increased, but that's it.

Need more Closed Beta speedsssss.

Edited by Sylhiri, May 09 2013 - 01:45 PM.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#9 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationInstallation 00b

Posted May 09 2013 - 01:48 PM

and yet, the next C-Class will still be called OP

Posted Image

#10 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted May 09 2013 - 02:56 PM

I am hoping that the 50 HP increase that all mechs are getting will help a bit, even if it buffs the Type-C mechs the least. And hopefully the turret mode will actually become as useful as the other mechs' abilities at some point.

Otherwise, I do not think that they are all that underpowered. I usually do quite well in DM with my Brawler, and the Rocketeer is my favorite mech for Siege.
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#11 ThePirateKing

ThePirateKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted May 09 2013 - 06:20 PM

This. A million times this. C class gets no love. The abilities are next to useless and you're just a big slow target. Sure, you have more health, but its not enough to make a difference when you turn a corner and half the team is waiting for you. A class could scoot out of there no problem, B class might have a tough time running away, but should have enough health to make it. C class_ You may as well accept your fate because you're way too slow to be getting out of there in time. My suggestion: give C class more health. They should be big, dumb, scary walking tanks. And make turret mode more useful, obviously. Make them all heal slowly (brawler heals even quicker), make overheating significantly slower, SOMETHING. Oh! Maybe a turret mode that's A-class fast but with little to no firepower_ That way if you're in a predicament, you can drop down into turret mode, scoot away, heal, get back into the fight_ Anyone_

#12 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted May 09 2013 - 06:30 PM

View PostOdinTheWise, on May 09 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

The c mechs are by no means not as good or sub par, saturnine and his brawler can kick just about anyone's ass
Single people doing well doesn't mean that the mech type isn't sub-par. Umbre and Asian clean up on C mechs but they both agree that they're pretty meh compared to B and A mechs

That said, I dont think the solution is to create a damage gap between A and C mechs, and keeping turret mode DEFINITELY isn't doing skilled C mech pilots any favours
CB3 speeds, better mobility all-round, % health increase and stop making everything about A mechs and it'll all be good
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#13 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted May 09 2013 - 08:11 PM

Yea in my opinion C classes should have a base health of 1000. We are big ,clunky really easy to hit. Our firepower is equal to that of a bloody A class which is way more usefull because of its speed and abilities that do something. Give us some more health and a usefull ability. And one more thing fix the bloody hellfires!!! Way too easy to avoid in the enviroment of hawken (apart from bazaar)

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#14 hawken00

hawken00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted May 09 2013 - 08:16 PM

I think they're too fat, they shouldn't eat so much..

#15 _Hex_

_Hex_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted May 09 2013 - 08:40 PM

View PostBeemann, on May 09 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

That said, I dont think the solution is to create a damage gap between A and C mechs, and keeping turret mode DEFINITELY isn't doing skilled C mech pilots any favours
CB3 speeds, better mobility all-round, % health increase and stop making everything about A mechs and it'll all be good

I disagree. All A classes should have a "lighter" variant of their secondaries. The sudden change to the Reaper was really a smart, but not well thought through, move. They didn't want the Reaper to become too similar to the sharpshooter, so they gave it a K.E Sabot. Hate to break it to them, but most A classes copy their larger counterparts.

Berserker -> Assault/Cr-t (All weapons)

Infiltrator -> Grenadier (Heat + Grenade combo)

Scout -> Brawler (Flak and TOW)

The Reaper is the only one that they've done right. imo.

alt+F4 fixes this. Reinstall and as soon as you see it quickly hit alt+F4. If the game crashes restart and try again until its fixed.

#16 Xtratega

Xtratega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted May 09 2013 - 08:52 PM

Posted Image

Just what them C-Classes need.

As for me, I love C class mechs, but the only thing(s) I find rather discouraging about them is:

1) Speed (guise, me needs Closed Beta speeds, kthanx),
2) Their useless ability.

That's a feely feel that you need to feel to understand how it feels, bro.

Twitter

#17 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted May 09 2013 - 09:34 PM

View Post_Hex_, on May 09 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

The only mech worse then the Reaper at damage is the Technician, for obvious reasons. Giving all A classes Reaper style weapons doesn't balance things out, it just tips the scale in favor of C classes (plus some B classes). Unless of course you up the speed to compensate for the lack of damage. Wait until C classes get a GOOD ability, they are already annoying as **** with a tech trailing behind them.

Support + Hard Hitters doesn't belong in the same line.

What really needs to be addressed is: C class speed (which is a major turn off for most), C class abilitys (useless), Hellfires (not relible in terms of damage) and Sustained weapons (same as hellfires).

Hate to break it to them, but most A classes copy their larger counterparts.

Might want to ask yourself who copies who, I slightly remember differently in Alpha. Dat NDA.

#18 _Hex_

_Hex_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted May 09 2013 - 10:17 PM

View PostSylhiri, on May 09 2013 - 09:34 PM, said:

The only mech worse then the Reaper at damage is the Technician, for obvious reasons. Giving all A classes Reaper style weapons doesn't balance things out, it just tips the scale in favor of C classes (plus some B classes). Unless of course you up the speed to compensate for the lack of damage. Wait until C classes get a GOOD ability, they are already annoying as **** with a tech trailing behind them.

Support + Hard Hitters doesn't belong in the same line.

What really needs to be addressed is: C class speed (which is a major turn off for most), C class abilitys (useless), Hellfires (not relible in terms of damage) and Sustained weapons (same as hellfires).

Hate to break it to them, but most A classes copy their larger counterparts.

Might want to ask yourself who copies who, I slightly remember differently in Alpha. Dat NDA.

I'm just sick of every 1800-1900 game I join (Trying to rank up my rocketeer) being an A-class fest.

Breakdown of main mechs I see at this ranking:

HEAT Scout

HEAT Infil

EOC Infil

Flak Scout

Raiders

Sharpshooters

And some rare HEAT C classes.

C classes NEED a speed buff. Having to boost to keep up with a team of A classes walking is a pita. I don't know how they're going to balance burst damage versus sustained damage. Burst damage overpowers sustained damage in pretty much every way. Why do I play a HEAT infil when I can't get kills with my Rocketeer_ Because I really don't even need to see you to kill you. Arghhh this game is starting to bug me. Studying for finals + Trying to relax in the downtime with this game is not a good combo.

#19 Kandicaine

Kandicaine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted May 09 2013 - 10:32 PM

The firepower on my Brawler is abominable. All I get are assists. Using SA Hawkins. The Flak Cannon was near useless even when I was firing right into their face from point blank range.

Hoping in 3 levels when I get the D Cannon or whatever it will be better.

Turret mode would be great if it healed you as fast as repairing. All I use it for is when I'm in a tight situation where I might get ambushed so that I can repair AND have some offensive capabilities.

Armor doesn't matter much when the absorption rate is the same as every other class. As another poster said, it doesnt make up for turning a corner and finding the entire team waiting for you. Trying to run away is futile.

C classes have ok ish defenses, WEAAAAK Firepower, Terrible maneuverability and a MASSIVE hit box. I see some real disadvantages here.

As an above poster said...

They should basically be BIG, CLUNKY, SLOW, POWERFUL, ARMORED, BEHEMOTHS.

EDIT: Even with the Hawkins it takes FOREVER firing round after round after round RIGHT into a target to finally destroy it.

Edited by Kandicaine, May 09 2013 - 10:34 PM.

#20 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted May 09 2013 - 10:37 PM

View Post_Hex_, on May 09 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

I'm just sick of every 1800-1900 game I join (Trying to rank up my rocketeer) being an A-class fest.

If I had the numbers I could support my theory which goes that a lot of people play A class for personal preference and word of mouth. Going from B to A or C to A you can feel the speed difference. I find an instinctual pull to avoid damage (usually in a lot of games as well) and when you start off in a B you learn quickly that tanking damage is a bad thing, so when you go from B to C your play style feels very different. You still try to avoid damage as much as possible but you realize you have more HP, some people get better with the C class while others go back to that tanking mode then get slaughtered. Also going at a snails pace to your objective really brings down your interest and cuts off some opportunities.

Then you got the A class which can't take much hits but feels better since you can get to the action quickly and relies on your instincts to make sure you don't get screwed. It's an instantly rewarding mech when you pilot it (even if you get no kills), it's easier to pick up, enjoy and while your enjoying playing it you still have the desire to get better. Since you have so many players using the A class then naturally you get way more skilled players in A classes, which really shows.

I honestly had many, many ideas on how to make the C class better but then the Tech patch hit and ****ed up most of them. They said they wanted to throw a wrench into the meta and they did just that. I really do hope all classes can be balanced but right now I can't even imagine how they will be without one tipping over the scale. But you should understand that C classes right now are very useful in team play with teamwork. A well balanced team will always destroy a team of A classes.

Edited by Sylhiri, May 09 2013 - 10:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users