HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

When are C-classes going to be looked at_

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#41 v009

v009

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted May 10 2013 - 01:58 PM

The little circle next to the ability is your counter measure I believe.

It would be great if they increased the fuel level of C mechs though. Slow but can travel longer distance. For example maybe 10% more fuel than A class. I wouldn't mind a little bit of speed increase. C class is pretty good for defending objectives like AA although getting objectives/running away is painful.
To all new Hawken Pilots! Press SPACE BAR and HOLD to enter GOD mode.

#42 Diabetus88

Diabetus88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationVancouver WA

Posted May 10 2013 - 02:54 PM

I would have to say the the C-Class mechs are fine with the exception of not having a good ability the price they pay for the damage reduction is by no means equal they need to do something with it.

Shameless plug at my own thread about what to do with the C-Class ability
https://community.pl...-c-class-mechs/

#43 Command0Dude

Command0Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted May 10 2013 - 03:21 PM

Give C classes half again as much fuel capacity. This would go a LONG way toward solving some of their problems. They regen fuel so slowly that protracted fights are painful and trying to fly up is a chore.

#44 CaZ8

CaZ8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted May 11 2013 - 07:55 PM

All C-class deserve a useful ability! Remove all turret-ShootMeIcan'tmove-mode and give them something more.

#45 Taw_Archangel

Taw_Archangel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted May 11 2013 - 09:45 PM

I'd like them to do something... A classes get 10% hp buff and it's the least for C classes_ Bleh.... At least the Tech helps a lot
I am known as a few names. Sicarius_X, PilotError, and Archangel. Also, C-class master race ;)
Posted Image

#46 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted May 11 2013 - 09:46 PM

View PostTaw_Archangel, on May 11 2013 - 09:45 PM, said:

I'd like them to do something... A classes get 10% hp buff and it's the least for C classes_ Bleh.... At least the Tech helps a lot
Because C mechs being dependent on A mechs babysitting them totally fixes the problem where C mechs are bad :P
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#47 mndmtx

mndmtx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationLibya

Posted May 12 2013 - 05:56 AM

I rarely use the F mode. its almost useless. use it and you die
Posted Image

#48 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted May 12 2013 - 06:35 AM

1. Let turrets walk for a short amount of time.
2. _____
3. PROFIT.

Posted Image

#49 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted May 12 2013 - 08:38 AM

I wonder if making Turret Mode work more like the other abilities would work_

Make Turret mode last for a set duration, and it cannot be cancelled. It gives a defense boost to the front of each mech, along with their unique buff. Then make it so that the mech can still move and boost normally, possibly without being able to fly, though.

So then each Type-C mech gets a defense boost to the front, the Grenadier and Vanguard get a damage boost, the Brawler gets auto repair, and the Rocketeer could have a new effect. Something like a reduction to its dodge cooldown or increased fuel regeneration, to keep the mobile turret design. Or it could have something like damaging enemies if it runs into them while boosting.

Then, since Turret Mode no longer has a downside, and it functions more like the other abilities, I think it would fit better and be more balanced with the rest of the game.
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#50 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted May 12 2013 - 09:48 AM

View PostTeljaxx, on May 12 2013 - 08:38 AM, said:

I wonder if making Turret Mode work more like the other abilities would work_

Make Turret mode last for a set duration, and it cannot be cancelled. It gives a defense boost to the front of each mech, along with their unique buff. Then make it so that the mech can still move and boost normally, possibly without being able to fly, though.

So then each Type-C mech gets a defense boost to the front, the Grenadier and Vanguard get a damage boost, the Brawler gets auto repair, and the Rocketeer could have a new effect. Something like a reduction to its dodge cooldown or increased fuel regeneration, to keep the mobile turret design. Or it could have something like damaging enemies if it runs into them while boosting.

Then, since Turret Mode no longer has a downside, and it functions more like the other abilities, I think it would fit better and be more balanced with the rest of the game.
I've suggested the exact same thing 3 months ago but people were just like "Nah, s_crew it":

View PostTheVulong, on February 02 2013 - 11:26 PM, said:

Turret mode on C-class is useless - everybody know that. So, here is how i suggest to improve it:
1. Instead os "sitting down" on the ground mechs will stay on their feet keeping the aptitude to walk. Boost and dodges won't be available though. And the armor plates will work like they do it now.
2. Uniqe attributes like HP regen on Brawler or Damage increase on Grenadier will stay. And turret mode Rocketeer will keep the possibility to dodge as the "mobile turret".
3. The abilities will be limited in time (up to 10 sec) just like the rest of it on A and B classes.

That's pretty much it. So_

Posted Image

#51 Aims

Aims

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted May 12 2013 - 10:30 AM

This is one of the better suggestions I have seen. It is obvious that the devs are not willing to change the C-class concept of overhead shields which can move to transform the mech into a lumbering tank and so it is good to see suggestions which may actually be viable.

The walking turret mode would make it useful in more situations, possibly even very OP considering the damage boosts/etc. I like the idea though, it should be considered further.

#52 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Posted May 12 2013 - 11:36 AM

I always thought it was kind of silly that the Type-C mechs could not boost, or even walk normally while their shields are deployed. It is not like their mass changes or anything, they are always carrying the weight of their shields on their backs. The only limitation is the positioning of their legs, since they sort of crouch down in such a way that they could not walk. So if that were to be changed, then there really is no reason for them to be as immobile as they are in Turret Mode now. Especially since it does not work very well gameplay wise either.
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#53 Nerdsinc

Nerdsinc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted May 12 2013 - 09:03 PM

View Post_Hex_, on May 09 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

C -> Heavy support / Hard hitters

B -> Bread and butter fighters / Well rounded mechs

A -> Flankers / Light hitters but fast

I disagree with this. I think all mechs should have their own niche viability scales, not  just black and white like this...

~Once a Swordie, always a Swordie~

I miss the ol' Nostale Days...

#54 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Posted May 13 2013 - 01:25 AM

Another Idea I had for a buff to Type-C mechs: Give them the ability to dodge for longer than other mechs. They would dodge the smae distance that they do now if you only tapped the dodge key, but if you held it down for longer, then you could dash sideways for an extra 1~2 seconds. This would use up extra fuel, of course, and possibly increase the dodge cooldown afterwards.

I think that this would keep their low mobility profile, while not being as limited as they are now. They would still be slow getting between places, but have more mobility in combat. It would also make them a bit harder to predict, because you would not know exactly where their dodge was going to end, and could not use that to aim shots after they dodge.

#55 SGTMatt

SGTMatt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPacific North West

Posted May 13 2013 - 08:27 AM

How about a trample ability_ You have a little bugger too close, you charge and shove them through a wall. Or if they are below you, you can jump down and splat them.

Real tanks have this ability in combat.

#56 Diabetus88

Diabetus88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationVancouver WA

Posted May 13 2013 - 08:30 AM

Couple other ideas for the fort ability

1.) You could remove the movement restrictions and make it disable your boosters for the time its active and have it slowly drain your fuel. This would allow the heavy to have a nice defensive buff while retaining some mobility.

2.) You could turn it into a normal ability with a cooldown and have it just give you your frontal damage reduction for 4-6 seconds with no drawback.(already mentioned)

3.) Removing the slower turn speed in fortification would be a nice buff. It would give the heavies the ability to at least try to fight when people get in their face and side-boost around them. Just a tweek and I think it could help a lot.

4.) Making the fortification mode reduce your heat buildup by a percentage could also make fort good for really dishing out damage and semi-justify the down sides but it would have to like half you heat buildup.

#57 SGTMatt

SGTMatt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPacific North West

Posted May 13 2013 - 08:43 AM

I like the heat one.

#58 Dinre

Dinre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted May 13 2013 - 08:58 AM

I'll just toss in my opinion along with all the others:

Are C-class mechs underpowered_  I don't think so.

Are C-class mechs' abilities boring and less useful_  Ya, I think so.

I recently started up a Brawler, and it definitely feels slow and clunky.  The ability seems more useful than that of the other C-class mechs, but it's still pretty boring and GOD HELP YOU IF YOU ACCIDENTALLY HIT 'F' IN A FIREFIGHT!  I pretty much ignore the ability for most of the match, but I'm doing alright in pub matches.  The Brawler is no Berzerker, but it can definitely deal out some damage.  It's fun enough, but I really prefer the mobility in the A-class and B-class mechs.  Fatty is slow, man.  Slow.

Posted Image

#59 Diabetus88

Diabetus88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationVancouver WA

Posted May 13 2013 - 10:08 AM

View PostDinre, on May 13 2013 - 08:58 AM, said:

I'll just toss in my opinion along with all the others:

Are C-class mechs underpowered_  I don't think so.

Are C-class mechs' abilities boring and less useful_  Ya, I think so.

I recently started up a Brawler, and it definitely feels slow and clunky.  The ability seems more useful than that of the other C-class mechs, but it's still pretty boring and GOD HELP YOU IF YOU ACCIDENTALLY HIT 'F' IN A FIREFIGHT!  I pretty much ignore the ability for most of the match, but I'm doing alright in pub matches.  The Brawler is no Berzerker, but it can definitely deal out some damage.  It's fun enough, but I really prefer the mobility in the A-class and B-class mechs.  Fatty is slow, man.  Slow.
I have to agree with you for the most part but I do think the C-Class are underpowered a little for the sole reason of mobility is so powerful in hawken. With the 50 extra HP heavy can get to 1000 hp now if you hit up all the boots in the def and mobility tree and with internals. This makes a lot of people push their overheating limit if they engage you one on one which is pretty nice buff imo. But yeah ability has to go.

#60 vonbach

vonbach

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted May 13 2013 - 11:22 AM

I think the best solution to the C classes weakness is to simply up their speed a bit. Make it so they can actually move in a fight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users