HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

MMORPG.com: HAWKEN Wins "Best Hybrid" Award at PAX Prime 2012

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted September 18 2012 - 05:48 PM

"HAWKEN is MechWarrior on bath salts," proclaims William Murphy, Managing Editor of [url="http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/867/feature/6727/MechWarrior-On-Bath-Salts.html/page/1"]MMORPG.com[/url]. HAWKEN won the website's Best Hybrid of PAX Prime 2012 award.

[url="http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/867/feature/6727/MechWarrior-On-Bath-Salts.html/page/1]"][/url]

[quote name='"MMORPG.com"]I’ll admit that I didn’t know what to expect out of Hawken when we sauntered up to our appointment at PAX Prime. I’d been following MechWarrior Online for a while now' date=' but Hawken was a complete unknown for me.  Imagine my surprise when I sat down with Producer Paul Loynd, played the game at Adhesive Games’ perma-crowded booth tucked away in the corner of the show, and quickly fell in love. Hawken is MechWarrior on Bath Salts. It’s fast, ridiculously easy to pick up, and incredibly adrenaline-boosting to dive into. By the end of my quick death-match, I’d gone from last place to 2nd narrowly missing the win by a few seconds more.  Where MechWarrior Online is more strategic, perhaps more “sim” oriented when it comes to giant mechs shooting each other, Hawken is breakneck speed, big explosions, and riotous fun.[/quote']

Read the full preview on [url="http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/867/feature/6727/MechWarrior-On-Bath-Salts.html/page/1"]MMORPG.com[/url].
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#2 Trollslegur

Trollslegur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 01:08 PM

Edit: Empty

Edited by Trollslegur, December 15 2013 - 07:57 PM.

#3 Eziz

Eziz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted September 20 2012 - 01:50 AM

View PostTrollslegur, on September 19 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

I just hope this means there's some customization for the mechs instead of just pre-set classes...
  Hey, check this video. Previews the custimization for Hawken.
Gekko

#4 T3chnicality

T3chnicality

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationFlushing, New York

Posted September 20 2012 - 07:20 AM

" Where MechWarrior Online is more strategic, perhaps more “sim” oriented when it comes to giant mechs shooting each other, Hawken is breakneck speed, big explosions, and riotous fun." That's good, because I have a tendency to just run around and shoot things from the shadows XD. But maybe I'll actually be able to get a headset finally because of Hawken.
You can assume what kind of person I am...but you'd be wrong

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users