HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken on PS4_

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 LockeJaw84

LockeJaw84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted May 21 2013 - 11:11 PM

I love this game and I can't get enough of it! I just thought that with the PS4 architecture being so similar to PC that maybe it would be a good look for this game if it were on the new system. What is the possibility of this happening within the next 12 months or so_ I just want to play this game on my big screen with the integration of the PSN and eventually on the go with a Vita via the PS4/gaikai streaming!

#2 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted May 21 2013 - 11:15 PM

Can't say for sure ... hawken is still in beta, so they aren't gonna port the game until it is "fully released"

Hawken should be coming out for Shield, but consoles ... its a grey zone
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#3 deusex2

deusex2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted May 22 2013 - 12:41 AM

Pretty sure no, since both consoles are going to use AMD gpus, whereas Hawken is heavily reliant on PhysX, which is NVidia feature.

Edited by deusex2, May 22 2013 - 12:41 AM.

CRITICAL ASSIST

View PostDaPheel, on December 03 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:

Oh, man.... Deus rants make everything better...
   B-listers, screenshots for the Grand kids......

#4 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted May 22 2013 - 01:59 AM

Still early to talk about this my friend !!!

HAWKEN is in open b 4 the moment maybe when its on full release !!!

But man hawken 4 consoles ___ its a bit strange !

Posted Image

#5 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted May 22 2013 - 07:40 AM

im on AMD...  so physx doesn't work well for me.

yes, put it on ps4 and xbox.  the more the merrier.
    --[font=arial, sans-serif](◕_◕)    [/font]
Posted Image

#6 ShazaM

ShazaM

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted May 22 2013 - 07:53 AM

Would not be surprised if it makes it on the PS4. Its unreal engine based. Extremely easy to port over to a console. Also, you don't need to run PhysX, I don't. And I have an NVidia GPU. I prefer 120fps with my 120hz monitor over extra particles :)

I have also mapped Hawken to an XBOX-360 controller, and it is very playable. If you train yourself you could play the game entirely on a controller.

The last console I had was the gray first gen PlayStation, and it was a gift lol. A console to me is a dumbed down and locked up PC with a controller. I'd rather have my own custom PC instead :) That's just my 2 cents.

Posted Image

DEUS EX MACHINA

#7 LockeJaw84

LockeJaw84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted May 22 2013 - 10:06 AM

I already play the game with an Xbox 360 controller and it plays just fine. I can't imagine it would be a leap for this game to make it to the next gen consoles. I think that raising awareness of the game is the most important thing and the more people that could play it the better!

#8 Ogopogo

Ogopogo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted May 22 2013 - 10:37 AM

It's possible it could end up on PS4, but if Microsoft continues with their current online formula (for an example, see Dust 514) it is far less likely for it to wind up on the next xbox.
"There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives."
-Scott Adams.

#9 Audible_Silence

Audible_Silence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida, USA

Posted May 22 2013 - 12:46 PM

i could see it on the PS4.. hell, they are putting War Thunder on it... but i doubt itll be on Xbox One.

this game could easily be ported onto a console after its done on PC.

Posted Image

#10 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted May 22 2013 - 12:52 PM

View PostArnieF4440, on May 21 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

Can't say for sure ... hawken is still in beta, so they aren't gonna port the game until it is "fully released"

Isn't the PS4 still in beta as well_ :)

Anyways, in a recent interview one the devs said that they are not going to support other platforms anytime soon. The question he answered was about a mac version i believe, but the problem with a PS4 would be similar......more platforms means more work for the team.

#11 Vivacity

Vivacity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted May 22 2013 - 12:58 PM

View Posthendman, on May 22 2013 - 12:52 PM, said:

Anyways, in a recent interview one the devs said that they are not going to support other platforms anytime soon. The question he answered was about a mac version i believe, but the problem with a PS4 would be similar......more platforms means more work for the team.
PS4 isnt in 'beta'. Beta is a term in software development, it wouldn't apply to the ps4

#12 ShazaM

ShazaM

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted May 22 2013 - 01:14 PM

View PostVivacity, on May 22 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

PS4 isnt in 'beta'. Beta is a term in software development, it wouldn't apply to the ps4

The PS4 has its own software, the OS/Kernel that talks to all that hardware. That has stages of development, and can be at one point, in a Alpha and Beta stage. Until it matures and becomes the retail end product.

Edited by ShazaM, May 22 2013 - 01:14 PM.

Posted Image

DEUS EX MACHINA

#13 Vivacity

Vivacity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted May 22 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostShazaM, on May 22 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

View PostVivacity, on May 22 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

The PS4 has its own software, the OS/Kernel that talks to all that hardware. That has stages of development, and can be at one point, in a Alpha and Beta stage. Until it matures and becomes the retail end product.
Yes thats true, but i dont know if that would still be considered a beta. As the software hasn't been released to a group of potential consumers or to a selected group of people. Which is pretty much the main point of a beta.

Edited by Vivacity, May 22 2013 - 02:32 PM.

#14 LockeJaw84

LockeJaw84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted May 22 2013 - 10:10 PM

Though that is true... more platforms also means more visibility/larger community, and a new market where they can make more money exponentially. It could even be similar to how Valve handled Portal 2 on the PS3/PC with cross platform play. The possibilities are there and I hope Meteor Entertainment and Sony can find a way to make this happen within a year give or take a couple of months.

View PostAudible_Silence, on May 22 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

i could see it on the PS4.. hell, they are putting War Thunder on it... but i doubt itll be on Xbox One.

this game could easily be ported onto a console after its done on PC.

Agreed! War Thunder is the reason this game came to mind, I started playing what if... in my mind and the first game that popped into my mind was Hawken because it's so awesome! All this game needs is a Party up/Clan System and this game is GOLD!

Edited by LockeJaw84, May 22 2013 - 10:15 PM.

#15 d_boy_dev

d_boy_dev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted July 04 2013 - 01:49 PM

Seeing that the UDK allows for porting to consoles (if the developers coded it correctly), the port should be smooth but tweaks will still need to be made. if your GPU is AMD then the physx will run on the CPU, you can also turn off the physx. This move would be in the best interests of the company to prove its worth in the intense free to play market. though we wont see this anytime soon, there is still a possibility for a ps4 or Xbox One port.

#16 R3CLAIMED

R3CLAIMED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted July 04 2013 - 06:14 PM

View Postd_boy_dev, on July 04 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

if your GPU is AMD then the physx will run on the CPU,

I was just about to post this. Goodjob on being informed. ;)
I will eat your family.

#17 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted July 06 2013 - 10:34 PM

There isn't any reason why we wouldn't be able to bring HAWKEN to consoles but it's more a matter of bandwidth right now. 100% of the team is spending 110% of their efforts on the PC version we're building so there just aren't any resources available to seriously consider another platform. The hardware is exciting for sure and it's an amazing time for games but a console version just isn't a priority at the moment.

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#18 Pirits

Pirits

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • LocationMobile, Alabama (USA)

Posted July 06 2013 - 10:56 PM

To long, didn't read everything that was stated/queried.

The reason I came to the PC for games is because Xbox and Sony are going to hell on their new consoles, I'd need to pay for on-line service where-as I get internet stuff for free on the computer.

Why make me pay for a game, then make me pay again (and again and again and again until I go poor because those damned parasites just can't get enough money) to play the game with friends when I can hop on a PC and just buy the game_
"What am I doing on top of this Sentium owned spire at a place we call Origin_ Hard-core parkour_ NO, I'm being a derpy chimera. OH! I can see my house from here."
​On a separate note - "Cover me, I'm commentating."
Spoiler

#19 Outlaw_Star421

Outlaw_Star421

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 25 2014 - 04:11 AM

Final Fantasy 14 has an amazing Beta on the PS4, and now that it launched in japan the console is about to hit that 6 million mark by the end of the day... I'd say launching Hawken on the PS4 soon would be a great counter balance to all that Titanfall hype.

View PostPirits, on July 06 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

To long, didn't read everything that was stated/queried.

The reason I came to the PC for games is because Xbox and Sony are going to hell on their new consoles, I'd need to pay for on-line service where-as I get internet stuff for free on the computer.

Why make me pay for a game, then make me pay again (and again and again and again until I go poor because those damned parasites just can't get enough money) to play the game with friends when I can hop on a PC and just buy the game_

PS4 gives developers the option to hide their game behind the pay wall or not. A lot of the MMO and free to play games don't require PS plus to enjoy and I'm sure the same could be done for Hawken If the developers wanted to.

#20 somebodyelse2017

somebodyelse2017

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted June 29 2014 - 11:03 AM

View PostShazaM, on May 22 2013 - 07:53 AM, said:

Would not be surprised if it makes it on the PS4. Its unreal engine based. Extremely easy to port over to a console. Also, you don't need to run PhysX, I don't. And I have an NVidia GPU. I prefer 120fps with my 120hz monitor over extra particles :)

I have also mapped Hawken to an XBOX-360 controller, and it is very playable. If you train yourself you could play the game entirely on a controller.

The last console I had was the gray first gen PlayStation, and it was a gift lol. A console to me is a dumbed down and locked up PC with a controller. I'd rather have my own custom PC instead :) That's just my 2 cents.
I can't change the controls to the buttons on my ps4 controller, so far I've plugged it in & gone to the controlls but it won't let me change it to input from the ps4 controller. How did you change the input to your xbox controller.

Edited by somebodyelse2017, June 29 2014 - 11:09 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users