HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

How closed BETA keys are distributed

Beta Press Community Announcement News Introduction Alpha Fansite

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Tekell

Tekell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 06:59 AM

Hello everyone,

Although it's possible that this is a reposted question, I still can't find how BETA keys are being distributed.

Does anyone have this information_  I contacted support yesterday but I think it'd be good for the whole community to hear why/how our friends were choosen and not us.  Is the process random, based on forum activity, date of signing up or something completely different_  Anything regarding closed BETA keys is appreciated, thank you.

-tekell

#2 Xtrazyx

Xtrazyx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 07:15 AM

May be the keys will be spread like the alpha, that is randomly given.
Life is a struggle we all loose. Very funny indeed...

#3 Vince_Kupo

Vince_Kupo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 07:21 AM

I bet it's random, like most games. But I hope I get a key for sure. This game seems really interesting.
Posted Image
Click on the image above to know the time and day of my show, it's about video game music.
Also you can download past shows here

#4 ThePured

ThePured

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 07:29 AM

t.t i wish i had a key... Usually it is randomed, but lately some games started giving out keys based on forum activity, which is still pretty rare but still done here and there.

Edited by ThePured, September 19 2012 - 07:29 AM.

#5 Vince_Kupo

Vince_Kupo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 07:31 AM

Maybe, but all the other closed beta keys I got were random or things like "post on twitter to get a key". But that doesn't mean how they operate here.
Posted Image
Click on the image above to know the time and day of my show, it's about video game music.
Also you can download past shows here

#6 Ganelon

Ganelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted September 19 2012 - 07:34 AM

Forum activity is not a factor, the forums weren't here when I signed up 7 months ago.

IIntel i7-3820 3.6GHzI8GB DDR3INvidia GeForce GTX 670IAsus AsRock 79 Extreme 3IWestern Digital Caviar Green 1.5TBI

#7 Vilyria

Vilyria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted September 19 2012 - 07:36 AM

I guess random. No one has the codes yet I think.

Posted Image

My blog-> MELODIC-MISSILES

#8 Ganelon

Ganelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 07:38 AM

We don't have the codes yet, but the Alpha testers have been selected already.

IIntel i7-3820 3.6GHzI8GB DDR3INvidia GeForce GTX 670IAsus AsRock 79 Extreme 3IWestern Digital Caviar Green 1.5TBI

#9 ItSnowsInHell1

ItSnowsInHell1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted September 19 2012 - 07:47 AM

There is going to be more information given soon, I would assume within the next month or so regarding the other BETA phases.
It snows in fuzzy bunny, would you like to see_
Due to the censor it changes my name to "ItSnowsInFuzzyBunny"

#10 Ezio

Ezio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationFlorentine

Posted September 19 2012 - 07:59 AM

Wouldn't be surprised if join date affects(effects_) your chance of getting one.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." Voltaire

#11 UnnamedNewbie

UnnamedNewbie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted September 19 2012 - 10:18 AM

View PostEzio, on September 19 2012 - 07:59 AM, said:

Wouldn't be surprised if join date affects(effects_) your chance of getting one.

Join date would make a lot of sense, true. Enlisted like half a year ago and got the "alpha-mail".
Friend referral could be another thing, but I guess it's not used here.

#12 Tekell

Tekell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 10:34 AM

Thanks for the input.  I really hope it's not random like other lackluster closed BETA stagedies!  

Obviously, it's a much better business strategy to NOT use the archaic method of picking BETA players randomly.  Rather, the methods of other innovative free-to-play games is far more beneficial to the game's following.  These methods could include "the early bird gets the worm(BETA key)," those active in Hawken Forums, or even just those who continual express interest in the closed BETA.  

Any of these would add more to the Hawken fan base and community than using random candidates to test and give feedback for the game.  Also if in fact they will use the random method, I think it's necessary to point out that all games and in particular free-to-play PC titles largely depend on a constructive and active fan base--yes, even this early on.

C'mon it's common sense, please use a thought out method and not one that's just quicker for create.  Once you have decided on the most profitable(to the community therefore sales) method make sure we know how you are doing the selections.  Inevitably, the potential Hawken game community will respect you for this and it will show in their community involvement.

#13 Ezio

Ezio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationFlorentine

Posted September 19 2012 - 10:58 AM

I always liked the companies that went off of past experience as well as location, computer os, and computer gfx. That way they can find out problems with os's and gfx's without having to buy them. This would save a lot of money for them as well as being a time saver to deter players that may only have a small interest and were randomly given a key.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." Voltaire

#14 Forte

Forte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 11:24 AM

View PostUnnamedNewbie, on September 19 2012 - 10:18 AM, said:

View PostEzio, on September 19 2012 - 07:59 AM, said:

Join date would make a lot of sense, true. Enlisted like half a year ago and got the "alpha-mail".
Friend referral could be another thing, but I guess it's not used here.

Enlisted Feb. 6 with enough referrals to keep my name, was not selected for alpha. So, no, I don't believe this to be the case, unless I was extremely unlucky.
nope.avi

#15 D2Girls

D2Girls

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted September 19 2012 - 11:29 AM

I really hope I can snag a beta key...

#16 Ganelon

Ganelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 11:32 AM

Enlisted in February as well and got accepted in the alpha

Edited by Ganelon, September 19 2012 - 11:33 AM.

#17 Singerm0

Singerm0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 11:41 AM

all I know is that i got a email telling me to complete my new account set up, which should allow me access to the closed beta once it begins, and that if you created an account after 09/14/2012 to disregard the message. although i didn't get a key yet.

#18 Ganelon

Ganelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 11:42 AM

Then you have not been accepted yet, enjoy.

#19 Fireholt

Fireholt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 12:16 PM

View PostSingerm0, on September 19 2012 - 11:41 AM, said:

all I know is that i got a email telling me to complete my new account set up, which should allow me access to the closed beta once it begins, and that if you created an account after 09/14/2012 to disregard the message. although i didn't get a key yet.
this is because this forums just open not to long ago that means soon when everyone gets signed up and ready REALLY REALLY HAPPY NOW thinking about it LOL!!!

#20 Wildcatnate

Wildcatnate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted September 19 2012 - 12:31 PM

For those of you who are wondering if you have received a key...
If you have not received an email stating that you are part of the Alpha test already, then you have not received a key.
However, closed beta will arrive before the official launch, so I would stay on top of the forums with GOOD, insightful points.
Developers are always looking for testers who are gonna spot a problem, communicate the problem efficiently, and work to resolve the problem. In the amount of Alphas and Betas that I have been involved in, I have to say that Devs have a difficult time ignoring someone who is an active member on the forums working to resolve problems. Keys may be randomized, but they also hold keys for helpful testers.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Press, Community, Announcement, News, Introduction, Alpha, Fansite

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users