HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

How closed BETA keys are distributed

Beta Press Community Announcement News Introduction Alpha Fansite

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 mechpilot6002

mechpilot6002

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted September 20 2012 - 12:25 AM

Most games are some what random, though the people on the foums a lot and contribute to the discussion tend to get a nudge from those with access.  Just sayin.

If anyone has a code and wants to give a seasoned tester a key so I can bug report the **** out of the game, send one my way.  
Thanks  >^.^<

#22 MajFireStorm

MajFireStorm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, Los Angeles

Posted September 20 2012 - 01:20 AM

Well I was hopful when I read the email to sign up, but it was pretty ambiguous, just have to wait and see...I would love a key...hoping for the best!

Posted Image

#23 Fantastic

Fantastic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted September 20 2012 - 01:44 AM

From the countless games that I've had my grimy hands on . I believe the most common method in which codes are distributed or as I like to say " fed to the masses " is through complete utter randomness!

Good show!

Steam : Fox | GameServersAustralia.com

#24 CowboyBebop

CowboyBebop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted September 21 2012 - 09:57 AM

just wanted to see if I was a newbie

#25 CowboyBebop

CowboyBebop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted September 21 2012 - 09:58 AM

damn

#26 a_KiRa_tM

a_KiRa_tM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationBogotá

Posted September 21 2012 - 10:14 AM

since 16/02/2012 I separate my callsign and :( no alpha code bad luck here . . .

#27 Vince_Kupo

Vince_Kupo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted September 21 2012 - 02:50 PM

View PostMajFireStorm, on September 20 2012 - 01:20 AM, said:

Well I was hopful when I read the email to sign up, but it was pretty ambiguous, just have to wait and see...I would love a key...hoping for the best!

Yeah I agree with you, that email sign up thing was ambiguous.
Posted Image
Click on the image above to know the time and day of my show, it's about video game music.
Also you can download past shows here

#28 Innocent

Innocent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted September 21 2012 - 09:37 PM

I just want the key, don't care about business strategies or policies or marketing or whatever...

#29 eyoab746

eyoab746

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 22 2012 - 12:41 AM

I hope I get a code soon! I believe they only chose few people for the start so that those people can comment and get things fixed, who knows we might get a better option so we shall be patient :)

#30 Buzzman47

Buzzman47

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationBuffalo,NY

Posted September 22 2012 - 02:52 PM

View PostSingerm0, on September 19 2012 - 11:41 AM, said:

all I know is that i got a email telling me to complete my new account set up, which should allow me access to the closed beta once it begins, and that if you created an account after 09/14/2012 to disregard the message. although i didn't get a key yet.
Yep I signed up a couple months ago and had to singn up again the other day... :angry:  Seems like a whole slew of games are in Alpha or CBT @ the moment!!

#31 MattyGamer

MattyGamer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Posted September 24 2012 - 06:32 AM

As much as I really REALLY want a beta access key, I plan on playing the fuzzy bunny outta this game...so I guess I can wait... O-o...

#32 GrimReap3R

GrimReap3R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted September 24 2012 - 11:27 AM

I signed early 2012 and ....(guess what B) )
I can only tell you, be prepared and ready up your shredderskills, I promise you it`s worth waiting for a key. Can`t say more because I don`t want to violate the active NDA, only that much, it`s really worth to wait till you get picked.

#33 Vince_Kupo

Vince_Kupo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted September 24 2012 - 01:01 PM

View PostGrimReap3R, on September 24 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

I signed early 2012 and ....(guess what B) )
I can only tell you, be prepared and ready up your shredderskills, I promise you it`s worth waiting for a key. Can`t say more because I don`t want to violate the active NDA, only that much, it`s really worth to wait till you get picked.
Well I hope I get one soon
Posted Image
Click on the image above to know the time and day of my show, it's about video game music.
Also you can download past shows here

#34 CocoNuggets

CocoNuggets

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 28 2012 - 08:33 AM

The case may be that the developers chose a mostly random batch of players so that they have a better chance of getting all personalities testing their product. Statistically, if you want to get unbiased information, you need to have as random a selection of subjects as possible. If they only chose players from the people on the forums (for example), then they'd get opinions that are highly biased to like the game already. Having more sceptical or even synical players in the mix might spot some flaws that other more enthusiastic players subconsiously overlook. Selecting some people that signed up a year ago and forgot all about the game and are more neutral to getting into an alpha or beta means slightly more honest (inclusive/representative) feedback (data) overall.

Now, all of that said - and I still crave alpha access. May the die fall in my favor. If not, 74 days is still not too terribly far away.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Press, Community, Announcement, News, Introduction, Alpha, Fansite

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users