HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Raider's Primary Weapon

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Raider's Primary Weapon (83 member(s) have cast votes)

What Do you prefer to use on the raider's primary weapon

1. ReFLAK-35 (44 votes [53.01%])

Percentage of vote: 53.01%

2. T32-Bolt (23 votes [27.71%])

Percentage of vote: 27.71%

3. Eoc repeater (16 votes [19.28%])

Percentage of vote: 19.28%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 EnergyFlameD

EnergyFlameD

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationNorway/Thailand

Posted June 03 2013 - 08:06 PM

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]What Do you prefer to use on the raider's primary weapon[/font]

[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]ReFLAK [/font]

[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]T32-BOLT[/font]

[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]EOC REPEATER[/font]

Edited by EnergyFlameD, June 03 2013 - 08:08 PM.

[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]A FLAME CAN GIVE LIFE AND HEAT, BUT IT CAN BE VERY
LETHAL IN THE WRONG HANDS[/font]

#2 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted June 03 2013 - 08:16 PM

The ReFLAK is like falling into a multilayer bed of sharp nails on a hot summer day continuously until agonizing death. The T32-BOLT is like 13 chiwawas gnawing on your leg as you desperately thrash about. The EOC Repeater is like 6 laser pointers directed at the eye foreboding the tiny explosions that will rip through your metal and flesh like a hot knife through butter.

In the end I choose none of the above. Real men goomba stomp their opponents to death. Bay life.

Edited by Leonhardt, June 03 2013 - 08:17 PM.

Posted Image

#3 aToastfan

aToastfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted June 03 2013 - 08:28 PM

I enjoy the pirate undertones of the raider, as such I use the the bolt, it's jagged edges and the *shink* of metal add it charges remind me of a cutlass. although I've only just started playing the raider so I haven't had the chance to try the EOC yet, but I will!

#4 PScribs

PScribs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationThe AA. With, or without you.

Posted June 03 2013 - 10:14 PM

View PostLeonhardt, on June 03 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

The ReFLAK is like falling into a multilayer bed of sharp nails on a hot summer day continuously until agonizing death. The T32-BOLT is like 13 chiwawas gnawing on your leg as you desperately thrash about. The EOC Repeater is like 6 laser pointers directed at the eye foreboding the tiny explosions that will rip through your metal and flesh like a hot knife through butter.

In the end I choose none of the above. Real men goomba stomp their opponents to death. Bay life.

This may be the best post.  Ever.  Anywhere. :)
Mech Internals - Malibal Lotus P151HM: i7-2670QM - GTX 560M, 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz, 120GB SATA III SSD
Posted Image
Exercise Caution - I only suck 30% of the time.  Care to play the odds_

#5 Thra11sBa11s

Thra11sBa11s

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted June 05 2013 - 06:10 AM

I tried the bolt but pretty soon went back to the ReFLAK, I just personally hate not having any range at all and with the Bolt I constantly held down the mouse until i realized that did nothing. So all-in-all I switched back to ReFLAK cuz i'm lazy and like being able to hit stuff from range

#6 Septivium

Septivium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted September 12 2013 - 11:59 AM

I am not great with the EOC. So I decided to have a little play with the Flak and the Bolt.

When I engaged tough targets, it seemed like the Flak would overheat before it would kill them ...where as the Bolt (Although clicking is annoying) seemed to be more heat efficient for the damage it was putting out. So I tend to play with the Bolt.
Posted Image

#7 LethalDosage

LethalDosage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted October 05 2013 - 06:15 PM

The EOC is my gun. I like sniping with this... plus the vertical gun for long range.. I usuallt charge the repeater for maximum damage then bang bang byebye

#8 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted October 05 2013 - 09:34 PM

I spent the majority of my time as a Bolt Raider and enjoyed it quite a bit; it offered the burst of a Flak with the occasional DPS of a Mini- with no concerns about heat, but as others have said it really does suffer when it can't get into range during stalemates (which became more common when the Technician was added). I tried my hand at the EOC, but I didn't very much enjoy it and ended up walking away from the Raider entirely.

Objectively, the EOC should be the best weapon for the Raider as it offers the highest burst and is strongly suited to mid-range, long-range and defensive situations. The ReFlak should also fare well at mid-range (at least more so than the Bolt) despite being a sustained weapon, but it As for the Bolt... well, with the Technician and Ascension changing the state of the game, I'm not so sure anymore.

Edited by FenixStryk, October 05 2013 - 09:38 PM.

It was fun while it lasted.

#9 Xtratega

Xtratega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted October 05 2013 - 10:25 PM

T32-Bolt master race, reporting in.

That's a feely feel that you need to feel to understand how it feels, bro.

Twitter

#10 davek1979

davek1979

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationAt the table, eating Cupcakes for breakfast...

Posted October 06 2013 - 08:22 AM

Reflak all the way baby.
"Mega-damage is systematically dismantling this game." - waftycrank. QFT. (http://community.pla...er/#entry224885)
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we spread out, we die.[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we stick together, we die together. (in memory of f_error, gone, but not forgotten)[/font]

#11 caduceus26

caduceus26

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted October 06 2013 - 08:52 AM

I've been playing the the Raider a lot lately as my Brawler has been severely crippled after this last patch.  No tuning combo seems to help get it back to what it was Pre-Ascension.  

That aside, I ran with the EOC Repeater for awhile and just wasn't effective with it.  Maybe I'm not good with charged weapons because the Heat on Infiltrator and Scout, and the T32-Bolt didn't feel as good to me either. But the ReFLAK_ Home Sweet Home!
ASUS P9X79LE /i7-3820 3.6 (OC 4.7) /Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooling /16 Gb RAM /Dual-SLI EVGA 670 2 Gb Sig II /Antec 850 PSU /Antec 1200 Black Steel Tower
MaddMaxx (Zerker) / Silent Knight (Infil) / BurnYa (Scout) / Scythe (Reaper) / S0ckd0lag3r (Aslt) / PopOff (SS) / Bluto (Bruiser) / xXRoadRageXx (CR-T) / ShiftySwifty (Raider+G2) / PatchUp (Tech) / Krusher (Brawler) / Seekin' Ya'! (Rocketeer) / Doughboy (Vngrd) / FireFly (Incin)

#12 davek1979

davek1979

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationAt the table, eating Cupcakes for breakfast...

Posted October 06 2013 - 09:40 AM

I can't stand EOC. It doesn't belong on Raider, it goes against the whole philosophy, racial, cultural, spiritual background and blood type of that mech.
"Mega-damage is systematically dismantling this game." - waftycrank. QFT. (http://community.pla...er/#entry224885)
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we spread out, we die.[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we stick together, we die together. (in memory of f_error, gone, but not forgotten)[/font]

#13 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted October 06 2013 - 10:11 AM

Reflak all day! Foes wither under my bouncing flechettes.
Posted Image

#14 ProphetZ

ProphetZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted October 17 2013 - 03:36 PM

Reflak.  It is marginally better in tunnels and corners, which is very handy.
I'm plain useless with the EOC repeater so far... Raider is my least played mech.
(Which seems a shame, as I normally like shotgun rushing, but I just fail at it in Hawken.)
Trying to use the BOLT was like waiting for a bus and having it break down.
I really wish the Raider had a Ripper or Vulcan as a Secondary, either would make it insane at close quarters.

Grenades just don't seem to bounce well in Hawken...

Then again, I think the Reaper should have an SMC as it's Secondary.

#15 marshrover

marshrover

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted July 19 2014 - 11:59 AM

View PostProphetZ, on October 17 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

Reflak.  It is marginally better in tunnels and corners, which is very handy.
I'm plain useless with the EOC repeater so far... Raider is my least played mech.
(Which seems a shame, as I normally like shotgun rushing, but I just fail at it in Hawken.)
Trying to use the BOLT was like waiting for a bus and having it break down.
I really wish the Raider had a Ripper or Vulcan as a Secondary, either would make it insane at close quarters.

Grenades just don't seem to bounce well in Hawken...

Then again, I think the Reaper should have an SMC as it's Secondary.

You seem to be playing the raider more like a sustained damage mech when it is more of a burst damage mech. KLA has vastly superior burst damage to the Vulcan, which has almost none at all.
*Health critical*
*Initiate contingency plan GTFO*
*Blitz active*

#16 LeeHarveyOz

LeeHarveyOz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted July 26 2014 - 04:14 PM

View PostXtratega, on October 05 2013 - 10:25 PM, said: