HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

MG TURRET Vs R TURRET

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: MG TURRET Vs R TURRET (76 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you prefer (and why_)

1. MG TURRET (55 votes [72.37%])

Percentage of vote: 72.37%

2. R TURRET (21 votes [27.63%])

Percentage of vote: 27.63%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Starrphy

Starrphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted June 10 2013 - 03:39 PM

Which one do you prefer_ And why_ Personally I prefer the R turret for that one shot rocket.. Who doesn't love rockets.

Edited by Starrphy, June 10 2013 - 03:44 PM.

Can you become my nemesis_..

View PostArccBR, on October 14 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

Yeah, you're like a legend here in the forums, a legend that everybody loves to hate, or that everybody hates to love, depending on the scenario.

#2 N0stalgia

N0stalgia

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California

Posted June 10 2013 - 03:46 PM

I voted for the rocket turret because I don't use turrets and the rockets are easier to dodge than the MG fire. I guess I'd rather have to deal with a rocket turret in addition to my opponent.
Call me Nos.

#3 Starrphy

Starrphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted June 10 2013 - 03:48 PM

View PostN0stalgia, on June 10 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

I voted for the rocket turret because I don't use turrets and the rockets are easier to dodge than the MG fire. I guess I'd rather have to deal with a rocket turret in addition to my opponent.
It was supposed to be the one you would prefer using D: not avoiding! :D

But yes, a rocket may be easyer to avoid but when not suspected one heavy punch is all it might need for a ko ;)

Yeah, you're like a legend here in the forums, a legend that everybody loves to hate, or that everybody hates to love, depending on the scenario.

#4 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted June 10 2013 - 04:16 PM

I find the MG turret more useful.  The rockets are easier to avoid because they're fairly slow moving, and the MG turret provides more anonymous "annoyance" damage.  It's really easy to see where the rockets are coming from, therefore, easier to destroy said turret.  On the other hand, MG turrets are harder to find because I think the bullets are hitscan (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) and it's harder to track where the source of the damage is coming from, not to mention the travel time of the rocket versus the almost instant hit of the MG turret's bullets.  I prefer MG turrets because I think they're just harder to find than rocket turrets, and I want my turrets to do as much damage as possible.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#5 Wasabi_Wei

Wasabi_Wei

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationMadison, Wisconsin, USA, Earth

Posted June 10 2013 - 08:55 PM

MG for the survive-ability, better dps landed, and the way they work as pretty decent spotters.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world. - Grateful Dead lyric, but really true.

Just Saying: "If an officer of the law expects to be treated as such, then they had better act as one and uphold our laws and Rights in the pursuit of Justice."

#6 Starrphy

Starrphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted June 22 2013 - 09:52 AM

I've been using a bruiser lately and beginning to reconsider my though of the useage of the R Turret.

#7 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted June 22 2013 - 04:39 PM

Minigun seems to do better but not so much that I bothered switching out my rocketeer's r turret for a minigun.

Edited by dEd101, June 23 2013 - 05:21 AM.

General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

#8 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted June 26 2013 - 07:55 PM

If you can place them just right, you can score a a lot of kills. It's always a good laugh when you get a multi kill from across the map.

Edited by Cyclonus, June 26 2013 - 07:55 PM.

#9 NegativeD

NegativeD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted July 06 2013 - 02:07 AM

I like the MG more because the R turret is pretty easy to dodge
Posted Image

#10 thatguythellama

thatguythellama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationOrbiting alpha centauri A, thinking about moving to B, just for a scenery change

Posted July 06 2013 - 09:04 AM

Off topic, he charge is cheapest and best IMO
If I have to choose imma go rocket.
In keeping with the best airborne tradition of relying on madmen instead of firepower, six of us with one BAR replaced eighteen 79th division doggies with a water cooled .50 and an air cooled .30.
David Webster, E company, Holland, 1945  

#11 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted July 07 2013 - 02:02 AM

Bit of a late input, but MG turret. The best thing about it is it can be used like a motion detector, if it starts ticking and its hitting things, you know an enemy is near a turret. Rocket turrets aren't as reliable for this because of the projectile travel time
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#12 Hayashi3

Hayashi3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted July 08 2013 - 09:17 AM

In my limited experience,The Rocket Turret is good for those random surprise shots, but after trying the MG turret as well I like it more.  It seems like when it is placed in a good location it can last quite a while chipping away at mechs in the heat of battle and even has produced a handful of kills and assists for me.  It also works well in situations when I'm backed into a corner and need some extra support when going toe to toe in DM, and has saved my hide in a few situations.

#13 FakeGhostPirate

FakeGhostPirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted April 04 2014 - 08:19 AM

I prefer the rocket turret because it's cheaper :D

#14 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted April 04 2014 - 08:26 AM

NECRO.
I`ll fix it later.

#15 BaoWolf

BaoWolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted April 04 2014 - 02:27 PM

I have a problem voting on this because i like to drop rockets early and guide people into them as i get fired on. With the vulcan turret i prefer to drop it as i run to heal, or as i pass through an area so i can here an enemy coming from behind with the beep. I guess Rockets because its the only one ive had players whine about :)..

Edited by BaoWolf, April 04 2014 - 02:31 PM.

#16 camtheking20

camtheking20

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted June 13 2014 - 03:08 PM

Mg its faster 2 mg on ether side of aa and one r on the side so i am corerd fully on oragen

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users