HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

is it hard to earn HC___

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Is It Hard To Earn HC (216 member(s) have cast votes)

Is It Hard To Earn HC

1. Yes (110 votes [47.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.83%

2. No (95 votes [41.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.30%

3. I Dont Care I Like To Eat Dirt (25 votes [10.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Chancellor

Chancellor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationSlimin in ya gurl lyke it's muh buziness.

Posted August 01 2013 - 12:00 PM

View Postropefish, on August 01 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

i got around 1 mil don't really want to by anything till the patch comes out :P
Pictures or not true.

#22 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted August 01 2013 - 12:16 PM

maybe >_>
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#23 BradersVal

BradersVal

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted August 01 2013 - 03:21 PM

View Postropefish, on August 01 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

i got around 1 mil don't really want to by anything till the patch comes out :P

There you go Hughes, now you know how much to charge for a mini-nuke :P

On Topic:

HC generation (or lack thereof) is really just a matter of perspective. Some players want to level up all of the mechs avaliable, in which case; HC generation might seem a bit on the tight side. Whilst others will find one or two mechs that they really enjoy playing and stick with them exclusively and thus; HCs start to pile up with only a few options to spend them on.

Add to that the fact that player performance affects HC generation, and players perspectives start to vary wildly.

I personally don't have an issue generating HCs at the moment, but i can understand people feeling they're being short-changed.
Posted Image

#24 Rocky1822

Rocky1822

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationBlitzing with my Raider on the streets of Illal

Posted August 20 2013 - 03:15 AM

i don't care how much i earn... i care only about how much fun i have in the game...
Posted Image

#25 psicobob

psicobob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPasadena, Texas

Posted September 14 2013 - 08:19 PM

i think it's a little too hard to earn them with how they have it now. personally i see it more like, for every ten minutes played a person should earn roughly 10-20 hawken. that way even a player that isnt so good can get some things to help them get better. such as my self and the noob d-vulcan on my tube mech. <3
granted that one is nearly given seeing as you don't have to pay for the rank ups. though still now i'm at the point where i want to earn some hc for mechs and i can't. i know they get unlocked over time, but what if i'm simply not good enough with that mech's predecessor_ then i'm screwed cause i blew away the amount they gave to me in the beginning.

#26 DreamedArtist

DreamedArtist

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted September 26 2013 - 11:13 AM

I think the pace you get credits for getting the parts on mech rank up's is pretty good.  I would not mind a 20% increase in credit income :P
Practice good sportsmanship, You were a noob once too

Posted Image

#27 Joebeans

Joebeans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Locationeverywhere

Posted September 26 2013 - 11:31 AM

I think it is too slow earning HC. Im still playing coz I found loads of HC code on the web... BTW  does anyone have any need promo code_
Posted Image

Website:www.gamersplatoon.com                                                                                      Teamspeak:ts3.gamersplatoon.com

#28 Void2258

Void2258

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 12:21 PM

It takes me forever to get anything using HC. I always seem to be short on it. Most of my mechs don't even have internals, as I am focused on leveling up so I can get the next mech in the progression (I prefer to have a greater variety of mechs, but that means I'm running all of them on base primary and no internals). I suspect that once I have all the mechs and have leveled them, it will get to the point where I don't care (like with my IP in League, where I already have all the champs and runes I could want, so it just sits there), but for now it is a super scare resource.

#29 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted September 26 2013 - 02:33 PM

View PostVoid2258, on September 26 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

It takes me forever to get anything using HC. I always seem to be short on it. Most of my mechs don't even have internals, as I am focused on leveling up so I can get the next mech in the progression (I prefer to have a greater variety of mechs, but that means I'm running all of them on base primary and no internals). I suspect that once I have all the mechs and have leveled them, it will get to the point where I don't care (like with my IP in League, where I already have all the champs and runes I could want, so it just sits there), but for now it is a super scare resource.
You mean scarce or scary_ :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#30 MegaLazerPunch

MegaLazerPunch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted January 04 2014 - 01:24 AM

It takes too long! I'm a workin man, I don't have time for that!

So far when I get around to leveling up, I don't have enough HC to buy the level or the extras that come with it. Maybe its because I used a bunch early on to test out different mechs though. I would have a lot more money if I was able to test the mechs for free and be sure of the one I wanted to invest my time in. But I guess that wouldn't be good for monetization.

#31 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted January 04 2014 - 08:31 AM

I got about 50k HC right now after playing a lot. It ads up after a while. The key is getting as many kills and assists as possible. Getting revenge, savior, multi-kills, capturing points, etc also increases the amount of HC you get. The more you do the more you get.

Edited by OmegaNull, January 04 2014 - 08:32 AM.

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#32 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted January 04 2014 - 09:34 AM

View PostOmegaNull, on January 04 2014 - 08:31 AM, said:

I got about 50k HC right now after playing a lot. It ads up after a while. The key is getting as many kills and assists as possible. Getting revenge, savior, multi-kills, capturing points, etc also increases the amount of HC you get. The more you do the more you get.
nope, there are only 3 factors  on which  hc amount is calculated

- lok'tar ogar -

#33 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted January 04 2014 - 11:20 AM

It wouldn't hurt to have bonus HCs...   I need 'em.

#34 _Flyght

_Flyght

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 11:47 AM

It takes a little long for me to outfit multiple mechs with internals, especially at the rate I unlock new options for internals. If you're playing at least one of every mech class, you won't have enough dosh to cover it all and save for another mech. You have to choose between performance or a new mech a ways down the line. You're pretty much forced to play one mech on all maps and wait until you get the green light to play another one.

#35 Dinre

Dinre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted February 23 2014 - 06:26 PM

View Post_Flyght, on February 19 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

You're pretty much forced to play one mech on all maps and wait until you get the green light to play another one.

I personally prefer to play one mech for a while and max it out before moving to the next mech.  It allows me to learn each mech more completely, and I like to play that way.  I can understand, though, how that might be frustrating for some players.

Posted Image

#36 Eliziel

Eliziel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted March 31 2014 - 04:01 PM

I think if the HC earned was boosted just slightly it would encourage more new players to stick with the game in the long run. Wouldn't need to be a big boost. I was unable to take advantage of many promo codes, so ppl who have used 10+ promo codes don't really have a fair opinion in the matter. If more of the promotions would be advertised in-game so the active players during that window of opportunity could take advantage of the promo codes, that would be really nice.

#37 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted March 31 2014 - 08:12 PM

I'm greedy. I want it, I want it all, and I want it all NOW.
That's the point of this Poll, isn't it_
Mo Fasser
Mo Bigger
Jus MO!
Maybe I look "wealthy" or sumpin' (I spend my money on Mech bling--It helps pay the bills here) I got called a Pay To Win fuzzybunny this afternoon. My gameplay must be improving....
I about got what I want. 'Course, I've been here long enough, too. I slept through most of the free/fast codes for this account, so O Well!
I want a rocket launcher and a MK3 Repair thingy for my Scout, then I'm done. My bucket's full. Anybody wanna buy a spare SS or Berz_
:D

Edited by EM1O, March 31 2014 - 08:17 PM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#38 camtheking20

camtheking20

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted June 03 2014 - 01:57 PM

View PostEliziel, on March 31 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

I think if the HC earned was boosted just slightly it would encourage more new players to stick with the game in the long run. Wouldn't need to be a big boost. I was unable to take advantage of many promo codes, so ppl who have used 10+ promo codes don't really have a fair opinion in the matter. If more of the promotions would be advertised in-game so the active players during that window of opportunity could take advantage of the promo codes, that would be really nice.

Yeap

#39 LegendaryBucky

LegendaryBucky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted June 26 2014 - 07:27 AM

I also find it quite hard to earn more HC because every game I play I might earn 100-250 HC, and that's on a relatively good game in which I get 200-300 points on the scoreboard on top of our team winning the match!
Is there any known way to get more HC, such as game modes or general tips on increasing HC earnings_
Last time I checked, there were no HC codes available, but if there are any, id like to know!
Off-topic, but is there any way to sell mechs bought by accident_
Thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users