HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Anyone using a joystick_

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Teyton

Teyton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 01:17 PM

View PostXylidya, on November 01 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

I would if I had a dual joystick setup. I really don't see how you can have all the axes of movement comfortably with one joystick.
Does hawken have dual joystick set up_

#22 Plattmachen

Plattmachen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted December 18 2012 - 02:17 PM

Playing with a joystick is possible in this game. Its got quite a learning curve to it though.2 joysticks is by no means necessary.1 works just fine in main hand and in offhand use keyboard.although hawken has yet to implement proper joystick support there are other ways of making this happen. I suggest using joytokey and map your mouse to the joystick. that works great for me and id me happy to help anyone out with this.

#23 TerranCmdr

TerranCmdr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted December 18 2012 - 02:28 PM

Hm, I'm interested to give this a try, although I feel like I will be at a disadvantage for quite a while.  If I do it though, I will use the joystick in my left hand for movement.  Nothing beats mouse aiming IMO.
Awesome Sentium logo in my avatar by erathic

#24 Plattmachen

Plattmachen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted December 18 2012 - 03:28 PM

Yeah i hadn't considered left hand for the joystick but being that logitech attack 3 is only like $14 im tempted to grab another.

#25 TerranCmdr

TerranCmdr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted December 19 2012 - 07:44 AM

I don't think I'll be able to stop myself when/if the Mek-fu comes out...

Edited by TerranCmdr, December 19 2012 - 07:44 AM.

#26 ZGMF_X10aFreedom

ZGMF_X10aFreedom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted January 24 2013 - 06:59 AM

i am will be playign the game in 30 min but i think dual joystick and different sights for each hand would make it rule in mecha world :) add some meel weapons to:)

#27 TerranCmdr

TerranCmdr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted January 24 2013 - 07:55 AM

I've tried left-handed joysticking and my score plummeted.  It just isn't as quick as using WASD.

#28 SILOS85

SILOS85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted January 24 2013 - 03:23 PM

Ok, so I've used a saitek cyborg 3d force that my dad gave me and coupled that with pinnacle game profiler that allowed me to set it up to do anything I wanted with any of the buttons. I've actually set it up for both and left and right hand configurations since the cyborg 3d force is ambidextrous. So the left stick controls movement, right for aiming. So now I'm looking for a cheap second stick to complete the setup. Played with either hand and it does take some getting used too... But it's amazingly fun!

Pinnacle allows you to do some very clever things: I've got the profiler to automatically boost when I push the stick past 85% allowing me to boost in any direction very easily. The profiler allows you to combine ANY button sequence or cycle in any combination you can imagine. So I've hooked up the left trigger for the primary weapon and the right trigger starts the weapon utility (locking hellfires for instance) before launching the secondary weapon on the release of the trigger. Instant auto lock and fire in one trigger! When I get the second stick I'm going to be on the thing ALL night!

#29 Tayvoon

Tayvoon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 24 2013 - 04:33 PM

can i use anyone joystick for the game _...i love josticks :D

#30 Xscout577

Xscout577

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted January 25 2013 - 07:17 AM

New to the Community so I just saw this post.

I'll probably use my trusty old Microsoft Sidewinder Pro joystick.  It's got me through many a bombing mission over the skies or war-torn Europe, massive tank battles outside of Kursk & Stalingrad, and the metal mayhem of Mechs slugging it out in MechWarrior Online  ... so I dont see why it can get me through the Hawken Battlegrounds.

Just putting this out :  Logitech does put out a game controller (looks like the Xbox or PS3 controllers) for about $30.  I use it on my pc to play Madden, but I may try it for Hawken

By the way ... does anybody know what the hell we're fighting for_  :lol:

#31 DStark125

DStark125

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 12:51 PM

View PostSILOS85, on January 24 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

Ok, so I've used a saitek cyborg 3d force that my dad gave me and coupled that with pinnacle game profiler that allowed me to set it up to do anything I wanted with any of the buttons. I've actually set it up for both and left and right hand configurations since the cyborg 3d force is ambidextrous. So the left stick controls movement, right for aiming. So now I'm looking for a cheap second stick to complete the setup. Played with either hand and it does take some getting used too... But it's amazingly fun!

Because of this i'm considering using some Saitek Aviator Joysticks. Has anybody been able to use Saitek Joysticks and have them work_

#32 TerranCmdr

TerranCmdr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted January 31 2013 - 12:24 PM

I'm using an AV8R-01 coupled with some gamepad software (sorry, can't remember the name presently).  Works like a charm, no problems at all.  Great for left-handed because the stick is ambi.  I'll post a vid if anyone is interested.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users