HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Dear devs:

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#101 Scroticus42

Scroticus42

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted July 04 2013 - 02:30 PM

Regardless of what my thoughts are, I did just throw some money at you guys in preparation for whats about to come out, probably the last time I will buy MC as now I've about spent as much as a full priced game, but still hopefully we get some cool stuff.  I have some faith that we will.  Keep up the good work! (Just make sure to do something to balance the game so I don't have to see A classes constantly if you would please.  I've died to Scouts more than anything else by a staggering amount and I'm blatantly tired of it :) )

#102 Zero000

Zero000

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted July 05 2013 - 08:39 AM

While on a positive note I am happy that huges responded to the post about why are there no updates about upcoming changes. But his reponse was vague. The only thing I saw for certain in the upcoming changes were in the 2 second hand videos from the E3 show. Reminder another player (NOT A METEOR STAFF MEMBER) posted the links. I will post suggestions in the suggestion forum of bug fixes and changes I would like to see, but I will not speculate or make wild guesses of what I think may or may not be in the upcoming patch on __/__/2013. Even if they give a rough date on the next patch, vague information on a new gun(s), mech, loadout, skill tree, map, UI, changes to existing game modes, or a new one people would be happy. I agree that game develoment and testing isn't easy, but you do need to keep your players up-to-date.

#103 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted July 05 2013 - 08:57 AM

Dear Devs:

I will always be here, but i'll pretend like I'll stir away and quit the game for good.   but you got me hooked like a hookah on the streeeeeeeet.

cordially mine,
angryhampster...
    --[font=arial, sans-serif](◕_◕)    [/font]
Posted Image

#104 HotDog

HotDog

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted July 05 2013 - 09:53 AM

View PostZero000, on July 05 2013 - 08:39 AM, said:

While on a positive note I am happy that huges responded to the post about why are there no updates about upcoming changes. But his reponse was vague. The only thing I saw for certain in the upcoming changes were in the 2 second hand videos from the E3 show. Reminder another player (NOT A METEOR STAFF MEMBER) posted the links. I will post suggestions in the suggestion forum of bug fixes and changes I would like to see, but I will not speculate or make wild guesses of what I think may or may not be in the upcoming patch on __/__/2013. Even if they give a rough date on the next patch, vague information on a new gun(s), mech, loadout, skill tree, map, UI, changes to existing game modes, or a new one people would be happy. I agree that game develoment and testing isn't easy, but you do need to keep your players up-to-date.

Ill second this - Ive not been playing hawken lately becouse out of the same reason... NO INFO - NO Feedback from me...

Allot of Community Members try there best and post every day - But somehow it just does not feel right...

Ive set allot of topics that had a very positive inpact about UI Changes and behavior ingame but non of that was even considured.... Like this why my feedack_!

Like this im not a number and ill just wait and see.... If Basics get integrated at last...

Edited by HotDog, July 05 2013 - 09:54 AM.

Posted Image

#105 JonnyRedHed

JonnyRedHed

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted July 05 2013 - 01:59 PM

You never know, Hawken Destruction, PhysX APEX Destruction.  Odd no one discuses this topic on the forums much, it is a big thing to add and the devs did mention 'Big'.  Maybe Hawken Destruction, PhysX APEX Destruction is too big and too early on, although it's said to being worked on for some time now (6 months or more I believe).

And.. it's only my 3rd mention. Hardly compares to RopeFish's numerous requests for 'Miniflutes',  I never understood how miniFlutes could add to the Hawken experience. I mean how would we hear one another over the sound of all the flute playing.  Oh well each to there own,  I'll give it a whirl if added, I recall being a mean recorder player in school music class.

Edited by JonnyRedHed, July 05 2013 - 04:30 PM.

[font=georgia,serif]-Jonny[/font]

[font=georgia,serif]"I heal. I am the Healer.  Come lay down thy broken chassis, and wash thyself in the beam of life"[/font]

#106 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted July 05 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostJonnyRedHed, on July 05 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

Once again, Hawken Destruction, PhysX APEX Destruction.  Odd no one discuses this topic on the forums much, it is a big thing to add and the devs did mention 'Big'.  Maybe Hawken Destruction, PhysX APEX Destruction is too big and too early on, although it's said to being worked on for some time now.

And.. it's only my 3rd mention. Hardly compares to RopeFish's numerous requests for 'Miniflutes',  I never understood how miniFlutes could add to the Hawken experience. I mean how would we hear one another over the sound of all the flute playing.  Oh well each to there own,  I'll give it a whirl if added, I recall being a mean recorder player in school music class.

I sure hope they didn't waste 2 or 3 months on destructible environments, when there are so many other issues to address first.

#107 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted July 05 2013 - 03:59 PM

Once again, Hawken Destruction, PhysX APEX Destruction.  Odd no one discuses this topic on the forums much, it is a big thing to add and the devs did mention 'Big'.  Maybe Hawken Destruction, PhysX APEX Destruction is too big and too early on, although it's said to being worked on for some time now.

K, well, it is a good guess but since Hughes has said "NO NEW MAP, NO NEW MECH" I don't see how PhysX APEX Destruction relates to what is coming.  We've been told a few times before that the older maps would NOT be getting PhysX APEX Destruction until the new map is finished or if at all.  So, I don't think thats whats on its way, maybe at a later date though.

Also, its mini NUKES.  so ...  not sure if trolling...... :huh:
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#108 JonnyRedHed

JonnyRedHed

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted July 05 2013 - 04:32 PM

[font="Calibri"]Well that's answered that then as far as physx apex destruction goes. Thank you.[/font]

[font="Calibri"]And the other...  [/font][font="Calibri"]British Ironic humour seems lost on some.[/font]
[font=georgia,serif]-Jonny[/font]

[font=georgia,serif]"I heal. I am the Healer.  Come lay down thy broken chassis, and wash thyself in the beam of life"[/font]

#109 Glacius

Glacius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Locationnobody.

Posted July 05 2013 - 04:38 PM

I remember the devs talking about "throwing a wrench into the meta" while talking about the tech update. It seems more like they loaded a chain of wrenches into a Point-D Vulcan and fired it into the meta for approx. 6 seconds before being alpha striked by 879 EOC pucks, 4 detonators, 17 MIRV blasts and a HEAT shot in each eye.

I guess they were being green-beamed though, because they lived to shell out another wrench, this time covered in copper plated aluminum fins. Though it too was greedily consumed by the meta without leaving a scratch.

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on July 02 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

View PostHotDog, on July 02 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

Zamboni.... is relocating so no Community Coms... here. With the Community guyz gone from Meteor this forum is as good as dead...

Here is the link to the post he made: https://community.pl...zuuuupp-mtradh/

and..

This for Meteor: https://community.pl...ng-the-eu-bomb/

I told you guys I'd be back. :P

There's currently a lot of teamwork going on to bring you guys some new info, and I'm very proud of all the effort being put forth by the HAWKEN team. Stay tuned!

I'm waiting.

Posted Image

#110 Xtratega

Xtratega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted July 05 2013 - 04:41 PM

View PostGlacius, on July 05 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

I'm waiting.

Welcome to the party

That's a feely feel that you need to feel to understand how it feels, bro.

Twitter

#111 Glacius

Glacius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Locationnobody.

Posted July 05 2013 - 04:45 PM

View PostXtratega, on July 05 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

View PostGlacius, on July 05 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

I'm waiting.

Welcome to the party

Posted Image

#112 Incapacity

Incapacity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted July 05 2013 - 07:51 PM

I just shuddered at the thought of a Meteor business meeting, where the first words they speak are "We want the Call of Duty audience."

"How about killstreaks rewards, sir_"
last.fm/user/sincapacity objectively good taste
plusle.nabyn.com art things

#113 Xtratega

Xtratega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted July 05 2013 - 07:56 PM

View PostIncapacity, on July 05 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

I just shuddered at the thought of a Meteor business meeting, where the first words they speak are "We want the Call of Duty audience."

"How about killstreaks rewards, sir_"

NO.

Never mention that here. Don't do it. Don't give them THOSE ideas.

Twitter

#114 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted July 05 2013 - 07:58 PM

at this raype , i welcome the entire world to play this game...

whether if they from league of legends, mine craft, call of duty.

it doesn't matter who they are.   as long as this game has  1,000,000 active players playing simultaneously throughout the entire day, the game will never die.

with 1,000,000 active users daily, that probably means 50,000,000 registered accounts.

and imagine how much dough that is... not alot, but enough to motivate devs and programmers to shift the paradignnnnnnnnnnn

and la la la wheee whee wheeeeeee boo booooo bs....

we're desperate for people for mech's sake.

Edited by angryhampster, July 05 2013 - 07:59 PM.

--[font=arial, sans-serif](◕_◕)    [/font]
Posted Image

#115 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted July 05 2013 - 08:11 PM

boo booooo bs....
Yeah, we need more of those.

Posted Image

#116 The_Intangible

The_Intangible

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted July 05 2013 - 08:35 PM

View PostTheVulong, on July 05 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

boo booooo bs....
Yeah, we need more of those.
I see what you did there.
                         ~Wondrz

I will put this ~Wondrz if im using my alternate account i made for my friend to use, which he isnt so ima take it back

#117 The_Intangible

The_Intangible

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted July 05 2013 - 08:37 PM

View Postangryhampster, on July 05 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

at this raype , i welcome the entire world to play this game...

whether if they from league of legends, mine craft, call of duty.

it doesn't matter who they are.   as long as this game has  1,000,000 active players playing simultaneously throughout the entire day, the game will never die.

with 1,000,000 active users daily, that probably means 50,000,000 registered accounts.

and imagine how much dough that is... not alot, but enough to motivate devs and programmers to shift the paradignnnnnnnnnnn

and la la la wheee whee wheeeeeee boo booooo bs....

we're desperate for people for mech's sake.
Acctually if some CoD players came, i dont know what they' think from no insta kill snipers or hovering, etc like cloaking and shizs. but if its from minecraft i hope some really popular YouTubers like Yogscast, CPTsparklez, etc would do vids, its like free advertisement

~IAmaLazYButt

#118 Centipede

Centipede

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSan Marcos, Tx

Posted July 06 2013 - 01:10 AM

Regardless of what is to come, I am anticipating it with a thirst to match that of King Tantalus. Let's hope that the fruits of your labor don't sway out of my reach like it did for gluttonous Tantalus.

Seriously though, if I had to guess, I would say that windmill compatibility is being implemented into all of the mechs.

Attached Thumbnails

• gf13-066no.jpg

#119 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted July 06 2013 - 09:11 AM

APEX Destruction is not coming in the next patch. Sorry.

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#120 Xtratega

Xtratega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted July 06 2013 - 11:27 AM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on July 06 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

APEX Destruction is not coming in the next patch. Sorry.

I'm ok with this.

Twitter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users