HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Emblems!

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Emblems!!! (363 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you like to see emblems handled in Hawken_

1. Give me a couple of predesigned cool lookin' ones to choose from. (27 votes [7.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.44%

2. Give me a couple of predesigned elements to arrange how I want and create something out of it. (37 votes [10.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.19%

3. Full in-game emblem creation support. (147 votes [40.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.50%

4. Just let me upload this .jpeg/.TIFF/.PNG and bam. There's my custom emblem! (138 votes [38.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.02%

5. Emblems_ Who cares_ (14 votes [3.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Phobotech

Phobotech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted September 20 2012 - 03:08 PM

I'm talking about customizing and personalizing your own unique mech with a sort of symbol or design that represents you or the team/guild/platoon you're affiliated with. (Lookin' at you, fuzzy bunnies)

This can be plastered onto a surface of armor plating, or become a decal on the texture of your existing mech. How would you like to see that done, or would you even want that feature at all_

Armored Core immediately comes to mind with it's INSANE emblem creation engine, but they also offer a lot of complex, predesigned artwork as well.

Additionally, Warhammer 40K's Dawn of War had a feature where you could simply drag-and-drop a .TIFF file with a transparant background into a certain folder of the PC game, and voila. Instant custom emblem, uploaded and viewable to friend and foe alike in online play. The only downside to this is we're on the internet, teeming with trolls and perverts, and it would be difficult to regulate just what those emblems consisted of; wouldn't want to get in close quarter combat with a mech that has a lemon party slapped onto an armor plate.

I dunno...I personally wouldn't care, trolls don't bother me, and I don't get offended. I like the upload ability, because as long as it's in a format that can work with the game, that would take a loooot of stress off the developers, because that at least seems easier to add to the programming. What do you guys think_

Edited by Phobotech, September 20 2012 - 03:12 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Phobotech

Phobotech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted September 20 2012 - 03:16 PM

Or! ooh...what if Hawken held a weekly contest for emblem art. And each week, there's a new, user-created emblem that EVERYONE playing the game could use_ Sort of becomes an achievement as well as friendly competition, but as the game ages, the range of emblems grow and grow and grow.
Posted Image

#3 QuanZen

QuanZen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Location_...My GPS isn't working

Posted September 20 2012 - 03:27 PM

Yeah Armored Cores fully customizable emblem creation was ideal for this type of game. Lets hope we see it in the future.
Posted Image

#4 Vore

Vore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted September 21 2012 - 09:08 PM

I'd go in-game design, and submit emblems or "emblem elements" to hawken team for approval then they can add it to editor. It's too easy to abuse the "use my jpg" method. I immediately want to plaster hentai all over my mech, which would get me banned.

#5 Phobotech

Phobotech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted September 21 2012 - 09:28 PM

View PostVore, on September 21 2012 - 09:08 PM, said:

I'd go in-game design, and submit emblems or "emblem elements" to hawken team for approval then they can add it to editor. It's too easy to abuse the "use my jpg" method. I immediately want to plaster hentai all over my mech, which would get me banned.

Is art not subjective, though_ I posit, if I were to fancy a World War 2 era pin-up girl noseart on my mech, could that not be considered hentai_ Or would we be men enough to call it eye-candy, and trudge on for the fight. Even with an in-game emblem creation, you're probably still going to see some nips and tips eventually...the difference being is they're more likely to be sloppy in their craftsmanship that way.

"Go big or go home" I'd say. Slap those fuzzy bunnies on your mech! That's your thing :D
Posted Image

#6 Vore

Vore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted September 22 2012 - 11:32 PM

I was thinking tentacle hentai, and theres always outright fuzzy bunny to consider too, which is naughty when this is an all-ages game. Hot blonde straddling a bomb is my kind of thing though, I'll be raiding my WW2 collection for sure and even bringing out my granddaddy's unit emblem for special occasions!

"fuzzy bunny"___ I used the "P" word, naughty pictures of naughty people doing stuff in pairs or groups. The Mod's are on it already!

Edited by Vore, September 22 2012 - 11:34 PM.

#7 Phobotech

Phobotech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted September 23 2012 - 04:40 AM

View PostVore, on September 22 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

"fuzzy bunny"___ I used the "P" word, naughty pictures of naughty people doing stuff in pairs or groups. The Mod's are on it already!

lol, so we can say "titties" but we can't mention the pus-puss. Ideal!

But come on now, having tentacle hentai might be a bit tactless. Have common sense, lad!

What unit was your grandfather a part of_
Posted Image

#8 GUEST

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationThe land of apple pie and toddler pageants.

Posted September 23 2012 - 06:52 AM

I think considering we're looking at private server functionality, there's no reason we can't do this similar to the way that source games handle sprays. We could have emblems uploaded using a certain format. It could be up to the servers as to whether or not to allow the emblems, and let the community moderators enforce rules on what is objectionable content.
Posted Image

#9 Vore

Vore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted September 24 2012 - 11:19 PM

Phobotech - I'm a very tactless guy, but wouldn't really go the Tentacle fuzzy bunny just pointing out the "upload" option could cause a bit of trouble <shrug>  Granddad was AIF 3rd Machine Gun, took a 3 in the leg driving trucks in an evacuation, convalesced in Old Blighty for a fortnight, then marched on Belgium from the french shore during the Big Push or whatever it was.

#10 GrenzenloS

GrenzenloS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 28 2012 - 05:05 AM

An Emblem Generator would be nice

#11 Lymos

Lymos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMoldova

Posted September 28 2012 - 06:26 AM

Nothing is better than something made by yourself, so uploader it is!

Posted Image

#12 [BV]TinCan

[BV]TinCan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted October 02 2012 - 03:56 AM

Should be doable and would intensify identification of the community with the game.
Keeper!

Posted Image

“Don't wake me for the end of the world unless it has very good special effects.”
― Roger Zelany

"Where is the HRRRRRNNNN ship_"

― ShavenSatan

#13 Veli

Veli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted October 02 2012 - 04:16 AM

I'm for emblem workshop like it is in steam games like TF2 Dota2 etc.
Players submit their emblems, gamedevs approve, put em in the shop and give artists % of the earned money.
no ingame editors or uploaders coz easy to abuse.

Edited by Veli, October 02 2012 - 04:17 AM.

:3

#14 Miami

Miami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted October 04 2012 - 12:32 PM

This wouldn't be a bad idea. But I think the options should be custom and standard emblems.

#15 R3N3GAD3

R3N3GAD3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationFORT CAMPBELL

Posted October 04 2012 - 06:46 PM

Full in-game emblem creation support.
For those that can't play by the rules and have offensive material, Warning / 24 hour account disable / 48 hour account disable / BANNED
Those Who Are About to Die Salute You
Posted Image
✝May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.✝

#16 Dam187

Dam187

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Locationpa (usa)

Posted October 06 2012 - 09:50 AM

Emblems are a good idea. BLR (a free to play shooter) has them for all their players. However, even having emblems just for clans is a good thing too.

#17 RudaForce

RudaForce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted October 09 2012 - 03:41 PM

While I would love for people to be able to upload anything they wanted, I feel this would be abused, so I'll just go with "Full in-game emblem customization support"

Edited by RudaForce, October 09 2012 - 03:42 PM.

Posted Image

"I don't have a favourite quote."

#18 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted October 23 2012 - 10:42 AM

I'm voting for the ingame customization/3rd option thingamajig because if people get to upload their own .jpg I'd see so many ponies...
I'm afraid of no man, but those THINGS scare me
Posted Image
*sigh*

#19 Phobotech

Phobotech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted October 25 2012 - 05:16 PM

View PostJuodvarnis, on October 23 2012 - 10:42 AM, said:

I'm voting for the ingame customization/3rd option thingamajig because if people get to upload their own .jpg I'd see so many ponies...
I'm afraid of no man, but those THINGS scare me

You would deny an intrepid Hawken player to Crush, Kill, Destroy, and Swag in style_
Posted Image

#20 EMEUTIER

EMEUTIER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia

Posted October 27 2012 - 08:36 PM

I would REALLY love to upload my clan patch to be on the side of my mech!
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users