HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

What grinds your gears_

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted August 17 2013 - 10:16 AM

View PostXer06siX, on August 13 2013 - 02:00 AM, said:

Walking to the store knowing you don't have money, but thinking your friend does. Your friend also has no money, he thinks you do, and you both get to the register with a cart load of stuff and look like silly billies.
Moral of the story: Always carry a credit card and there is no need for cash.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#22 ecaflip

ecaflip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationFlying with glorious air dynamics

Posted August 17 2013 - 11:22 PM

Ya know what really grinds my gears_
When I grab something for a friend, and then when I'm 5 feet away from them in another room on the way back with whatever I get them and THEEEEEEEEEEEEN they ask for another thing so I have to walk AAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL the way back and do  double the work.

#1stworldproblems
Posted Image
I'm I'm playing, I'm more than likely streaming. Come watch me at twitch.tv/bugzdood (i wish I had a better twitch name)

#23 Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationRunning around like a Chicken.

Posted August 19 2013 - 03:43 AM

Really fast T-Rex!

Posted Image

(Wanted the boost ability in a game since this moment)

Previously known as §îlvër-§érpênt

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Candy! Taste like Chicken, if Chicken was a Candy![/font]

Posted Image

"Since they are all going to go crazy anyway, may as well send crazy people in the first place and save the trouble..." -M

#24 Atlasblue

Atlasblue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationKCMO

Posted August 19 2013 - 08:10 AM

People that complain about a FREE GAME !

#25 Guest_f_error_*

Guest_f_error_*
  • Guests

Posted August 19 2013 - 11:45 AM

[ot]Nothing is free. It all costs time. Time that could be spend on other games, that might give you more joy.
Time that puts substance to a playerbase, that is usually one of the most important arguments when you talk about the business model of an online game.
You make a game and want it to be played_ Then make a good game!
It is actually very good, that complaints and therefore FEEDBACK is not limited to people who pay money for a game.
And above all, many people WOULD pay money for hawken. Especially for a finished, full version. And hawken does not have that option.
Its like throwing free cake at people on the street. If you dont want complaints, better make a real tasty cake.[/ot]

Edited by f_error, August 19 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#26 Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted August 19 2013 - 07:45 PM

View Postf_error, on August 19 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

[ot]Nothing is free. It all costs time. Time that could be spend on other games, that might give you more joy.
Time that puts substance to a playerbase, that is usually one of the most important arguments when you talk about the business model of an online game.
You make a game and want it to be played_ Then make a good game!
It is actually very good, that complaints and therefore FEEDBACK is not limited to people who pay money for a game.
And above all, many people WOULD pay money for hawken. Especially for a finished, full version. And hawken does not have that option.
Its like throwing free cake at people on the street. If you dont want complaints, better make a real tasty cake.[/ot]

I give feedback and I didn't pay into any MC.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Candy! Taste like Chicken, if Chicken was a Candy![/font]

Posted Image

"Since they are all going to go crazy anyway, may as well send crazy people in the first place and save the trouble..." -M

#27 Guest_f_error_*

Guest_f_error_*
  • Guests

Posted August 20 2013 - 06:46 AM

View PostXer06siX, on August 19 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

It was directed at Atlasblue.

#28 Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted August 20 2013 - 12:34 PM

View Postf_error, on August 20 2013 - 06:46 AM, said:

View PostXer06siX, on August 19 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

It was directed at Atlasblue.

I know XD just pokin fun.

Posted Image

#29 ecaflip

ecaflip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationFlying with glorious air dynamics

Posted September 03 2013 - 09:04 AM

the fact we don't have solid mech/part/item stats to theory craft with really grinds me gears

Edited by ecaflip, September 03 2013 - 09:05 AM.

Posted Image
I'm I'm playing, I'm more than likely streaming. Come watch me at twitch.tv/bugzdood (i wish I had a better twitch name)

#30 the420jew503

the420jew503

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted September 04 2013 - 02:16 AM

- People who complain, instead of giving suggestions on improvement.
- Children who are loud for no reason. I would say children in general, but I have met many respectful children.
- Bad parents. If you have to yell at your child 35 times to come inside, get your fat ass up and get the child after like 3. Don't just keep yelling.
- People who live in apartment complexes but treat them like a house. Get your garbage off the lawn, move your barbeque out of the walkway/path, and don't be yelling outside at 7am.
- Bad apartment managers. Don't put up a water shutoff notice two hours after the water gets shut off.
- Getting charged more for utilities based on apartment size rather than the people in the unit. My girlfriend and I get charged the same amount as the family of 8 in the one-bedroom down the stairs.
- Any sort of lower-back/butt pain. I enjoy sitting too much for this.
- Police.
- Walking through spider webs. I understand they are good critters to have in the world, but why build a web right across an outdoor staircase_ Go web up a bush or something.
- Finding ants inside your apartment/house. Those little guys are impossible to get rid of!
- Spending over $300 on a car, only for the motor to blow a week later.
- 100-degree weather and no air conditioner. I hate getting all sweaty and not being able to do anything about it.
- Dirty drinking water. Water purifiers are a must-have in my apartment.
- Flat soda that you just bought from the store. I can understand when it's been opened before, but all soda should be carbonated right when you buy it. My darn Sprite was like this the other day.

Sorry it's so long, kept thinking of more. I guess I'm a pretty angry person. :)
Money is good. Hawken is good. I like cookies.

#31 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationHell-Fires Point Of Origin

Posted September 04 2013 - 04:58 AM

that fact that as a female i have to dish out more money for my Camo then my male counter parts.YES!!!!  Three times more and its really getting on my nerves the more i think about..ADH better fix this if they ever want to see any more cash spent here. Also the fact that there arnt any ribbons or bows_ They can put a man on the moon but no ribbons or bows on a mecha thats in a game_
meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#32 davek1979

davek1979

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationAt the table, eating Cupcakes for breakfast...

Posted September 04 2013 - 05:03 AM

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on September 04 2013 - 04:58 AM, said:

that fact that as a female i have to dish out more money for my Camo then my male counter parts.YES!!!!  Three times more and its really getting on my nerves the more i think about..ADH better fix this if they ever want to see any more cash spent here. Also the fact that there arnt any ribbons or bows_ They can put a man on the moon but no ribbons or bows on a mecha thats in a game_
Ah... which camo are you talking about _ The game detects you are a female and adjusts the prices accordingly _ :)
"Mega-damage is systematically dismantling this game." - waftycrank. QFT. (http://community.pla...er/#entry224885)
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we spread out, we die.[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we stick together, we die together. (in memory of f_error, gone, but not forgotten)[/font]

#33 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted September 04 2013 - 05:14 AM

View Postdavek1979, on September 04 2013 - 05:03 AM, said:

Ah... which camo are you talking about _ The game detects you are a female and adjusts the prices accordingly _ :)
I think she refers to the "luxury" pink checkered camo.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#34 the420jew503

the420jew503

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted September 04 2013 - 12:38 PM

It really grinds my gears when females think that pink is camo. It isn't unless you're at a baby shower or something of the sort. If not, it's just a paint job. There are no baby showers in Hawken.

#35 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted September 05 2013 - 12:08 AM

Well theres another thing that grinds my gears. People (420) who actually think im here to hide from the fight. The reason i bought the PINK chess pattern is to make sure you cant miss seeing me. If i do surprise you then you just might have other problems. I care not of what you think for it is utterly worthless to me. Perhaps in another life id give you value but not in this one.

Edited by LONEDEADWOLF, September 05 2013 - 12:09 AM.

meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#36 davek1979

davek1979

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationAt the table, eating Cupcakes for breakfast...

Posted September 05 2013 - 12:10 AM

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on September 05 2013 - 12:08 AM, said:

Well theres another thing that grinds my gears. People (420) who actually think im here to hide from the fight. The reason i bought the PINK chess pattern is to make sure you cant miss seeing me. If i do surprise you then you just might have other problems. I care not of what you think for it is utterly worthless to me. Perhaps in another life id give you value but not in this one.
One fierce woman!
"Mega-damage is systematically dismantling this game." - waftycrank. QFT. (http://community.pla...er/#entry224885)
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we spread out, we die.[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we stick together, we die together. (in memory of f_error, gone, but not forgotten)[/font]

#37 Countrygal

Countrygal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationGermany - Boots City

Posted September 05 2013 - 02:54 AM

People talking fuzzy bunny about themes they haven´t any clue about. That really grinds my gears.

Please excuse grammatical errors, English is not my first language.  Thanks!

#38 the420jew503

the420jew503

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted September 05 2013 - 08:24 AM

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on September 05 2013 - 12:08 AM, said:

You clearly missed that I was joking while attempting to get the point across that 'camo' is short for 'camouflage' of which pink is not (in Hawken at least).

#39 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted September 05 2013 - 08:51 PM

I am big enough to admit if i went to far on a subject.  I can only say iam sorry for the bite. I thought  something else.

Edited by LONEDEADWOLF, September 05 2013 - 08:52 PM.

#40 Komodo_Saurian

Komodo_Saurian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted September 05 2013 - 10:27 PM

View Postthe420jew503, on September 05 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

while attempting to get the point across that 'camo' is short for 'camouflage' of which pink is not

[CLICK ME!]

Also:
Spoiler

View Postthe420jew503, on September 05 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

in Hawken at least
Spoiler
:mellow:

Someone important said:

Ego stroking quote.
- Distracting banner.
- Obligatory PC spec boasting, 'cause I'm rich.
- Shameless self-promotion links.
- Sneak a peak into every second stream voiceover ever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users