HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HAWKEN: Ascension Delay & Community Playtest

• Please log in to reply
614 replies to this topic

#581 M4ST3R2Kill

M4ST3R2Kill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationInto the Unknown (-_-)

Posted September 06 2013 - 10:22 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#582 M4ST3R2Kill

M4ST3R2Kill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted September 06 2013 - 10:23 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#583 M4ST3R2Kill

M4ST3R2Kill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted September 06 2013 - 10:25 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#584 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted September 06 2013 - 10:25 PM

Master, Edit is your friend and Spoiler tags are your lovers. Use them.

Edited by Sylhiri, September 06 2013 - 10:25 PM.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#585 M4ST3R2Kill

M4ST3R2Kill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted September 06 2013 - 10:28 PM

Sylhiri, on September 06 2013 - 10:25 PM, said:

Master, Edit is your friend and Spoiler tags are your lovers. Use them.

:D leave it. Like this can be more viewable, and it's not even big.

Posted Image

#586 M4ST3R2Kill

M4ST3R2Kill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted September 06 2013 - 10:32 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#587 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted September 06 2013 - 10:34 PM

I don't think everyone needs to see your 500 screencaps of stuff they can do in-game already... Also flooding the thread RIP

Edited by Rei, September 06 2013 - 10:34 PM.

!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#588 M4ST3R2Kill

M4ST3R2Kill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted September 06 2013 - 10:42 PM

Rei, on September 06 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

I don't think everyone needs to see your 500 screencaps of stuff they can do in-game already... Also flooding the thread RIP
i'm just posting for those they want to see how it's the new HUD game, before they wanted to download it.

Posted Image

#589 xICWMx

xICWMx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationLexington, Kentucky

Posted September 06 2013 - 11:01 PM

Just finished my first session with Ascension and I was quite impressed. I held back somewhat delving into detail because I didn't want to fret with too until the actual patch was out, but wow. Mechs get super sexy looking. Though I don't have a great sense of yet, the combat variety and balances from new tuning and internals is pretty dope and the new map is dope pretty.

Had a blast with the mini-flak Vanguard. I call it "Elephant".

Though I must reserve full judgment for the actual release and more play time, my initial impressions were great. It was difficult keeping my attention and anticipation with this game during the wait but I can already say you guys made it worth it. Bravo, and thank you for getting this out to us.

#590 chuiu

chuiu

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationProsk

Posted September 06 2013 - 11:24 PM

Posted Image

Taking advantage of the fact I can rename my extra mechs!  :D

#591 GalvanizerGranu

GalvanizerGranu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 06 2013 - 11:32 PM

ugg its sluggish and the sights are really bad(fussy bunny__ o.O ) compared to the old ones. and generally the interface(hud) stinks. make a option to get the old hud back.
and the silly thing keeps resetting all the time. have moded the mechs 3 times now.

Edited by GalvanizerGranu, September 06 2013 - 11:44 PM.

"To Soar Where Angels Fear Too Fly..."

"It Found A Voice... Now It Needs A Body"

#592 hawkensux

hawkensux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 07 2013 - 06:20 AM

WHERRE IS TEST SERVER TORRENT ___ CANT DOWNLOAD WITH ANY ACCOUNT, INSIDE SAME OLD fuzzy bunny!

#593 Orphius

Orphius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted September 07 2013 - 06:25 AM

I'd love to try it out, but after I DL'ed it, I went to put in my log in/PW, and it is not accepting them. Works fine out here though. Did I overlook something_

#594 Nehlis

Nehlis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted September 07 2013 - 01:22 PM

Well, that was an entertaining read of about 20 pages worth of flame.
Warning: Ingesting Incrediblypainfultothepointofclawingonesowneyesoutscreamingbloodymurderium may cause nausea, dizziness, hair loss, skin irritation, eye irritation, tongue swelling, rashes, impotency, sore throat, hypothermia, fever, coughing, sneezing, vomiting, projectile vomiting, internal hemorrhaging, external hemorrhaging, diarrhea, projectile diarrhea, paranoia, mild insanity, liver failure, kidney failure, gall bladder failure, heart failure, schizophrenia, blackouts, seizures, strokes, death, spawning the children of the Great Old Ones from the chest cavity, and possibly mild pain.

#595 [HWK]ZamboniChaos

[HWK]ZamboniChaos

Community Manager

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 990 posts
  • LocationCruise Ship, Stern

Posted September 07 2013 - 05:14 PM

View PostOrphius, on September 07 2013 - 06:25 AM, said:

I'd love to try it out, but after I DL'ed it, I went to put in my log in/PW, and it is not accepting them. Works fine out here though. Did I overlook something_

Hey there Orphius,

Submit a support ticket and our awesome Customer Service team will help you get your problem sorted out.

Thanks!

Pour yourself a drink, I'll sing you a song.

@ZamboniChaos

#596 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted September 07 2013 - 07:48 PM

View Posttorc, on September 06 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

You know, this is my great experience with the Rift during the night:

-HUD is completely off and not focused properly
-UI is unreadable
-Oculus rift aiming option impossible to read
-no re-centering drift
-the cockpit is the OLD ONE! and the lcd panels in cockpit are completely messed up!

Great experience....maybe in 2017 we will have a decent Rift support.
Sorry but i think is a bit of a shame:

You said less than one week ago that the ''basic'' rift support was implemented (just to be clear we at least hoped for the gamescom build this time,nothing more)

Hope to see it fixed for the 10th.

What you are playing is significantly further along than the gamescom. Out support of the Rift is basic at the moment and has already taken months of work to get this far with it. What I recommend is going to windowed mode until you're in the game and then go back to fullscreen to use the Rift during game play. There are no additional features for Rift over what's available this weekend planned for the patch this week.

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#597 torc

torc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted September 08 2013 - 01:28 AM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on September 07 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

-UI is unreadable
-no re-centering drift
-the cockpit is the OLD ONE! and the lcd panels in cockpit are completely messed up!

You said less than one week ago that the ''basic'' rift support was implemented (just to be clear we at least hoped for the gamescom build this time,nothing more)

What you are playing is significantly further along than the gamescom. Out support of the Rift is basic at the moment and has already taken months of work to get this far with it. What I recommend is going to windowed mode until you're in the game and then go back to fullscreen to use the Rift during game play. There are no additional features for Rift over what's available this weekend planned for the patch this week.

So,basic Rift support would suggest that the game would be playable even with some minor bugs and with not a great stability (some graphic glitches etc)

I'd be fine to see the Rift not completely supported, but the game is basically unplayable in this build.
IMHO ''Basic rift support'' meant:
-HUD and UI readable,
-Cockpit scaled correctly (at the moment the cockpit seems a little plastic model kit)
-Re-center button for the drift issues

Huges,just to be clear:
I'm sure you and the team worked on a lot of features and i can undertand that you had not time for finish the Rift integration,but creating this hype around the Rift support,and disappointing users it's not a great politic.

I think you should be more honest from the begin,and say that the Rift is ''de-facto'' NOT SUPPORTED YET.

Edited by torc, September 08 2013 - 01:30 AM.

Posted Image

#598 DaDMaR

DaDMaR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted September 08 2013 - 02:57 AM

Addendum to my previous post ....
I don't play for points ........ please bring back  [ Kills Deaths Assists ] listings ...... previous table showed how you went compared to other players ....... social aspect lost ....no between match discussion.

Posted Image

I AM IMMORTAL................Only the Good, Die Young !

#599 Boberto

Boberto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted September 08 2013 - 04:23 AM

View Posttorc, on September 08 2013 - 01:28 AM, said:

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on September 07 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

-UI is unreadable
-no re-centering drift

So,basic Rift support would suggest that the game would be playable even with some minor bugs and with not a great stability (some graphic glitches etc)

I'd be fine to see the Rift not completely supported, but the game is basically unplayable in this build.
IMHO ''Basic rift support'' meant:
-HUD and UI readable,
-Cockpit scaled correctly (at the moment the cockpit seems a little plastic model kit)
-Re-center button for the drift issues

Huges,just to be clear:
I'm sure you and the team worked on a lot of features and i can undertand that you had not time for finish the Rift integration,but creating this hype around the Rift support,and disappointing users it's not a great politic.

I think you should be more honest from the begin,and say that the Rift is ''de-facto'' NOT SUPPORTED YET.

I believe this will help you ( from my reddit post)

I found out how to remove the double crosshair and make it playable... alot more playable.
  • go in defaultengine.ini ( MeteorEntertainmentHawkenAdvanceBattalionInstalledHawkenFilesHawkenGameConfig )
  • [Engine.Stereo3D]
  • EyeDistance=0.031500
  • [Engine.Oculus]
  • CrosshairSize=20.000000
  • bUseDotCrosshair=True
  • [HawkenGame.R_Oculus]
  • bShowVisorInRift=false
I changed those 4 commands, it got rid of the double crosshair and gave me a small red dot in the middle of my screen for aiming.. its now 100% playable.. i havent seen any fix for it yet so.. no problem ladies :)
Eye distance of 0.0315 represent 63mm Ipd i think. so 0.032 is 64 and so on. it seem to be half of it. You wont find eye distance command,just
add it.

If your view is drifting while playing hit the scroll lock key to re center your viewhttp://www.logitech....g/11872.1.0.jpg

now 100%%%% playable.

Edited by Boberto, September 09 2013 - 07:32 AM.

#600 oo_olio_oo

oo_olio_oo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted September 08 2013 - 05:52 AM

Just wanted to say thank you for development team for new experience of Hawken. It feels almost brand new game. There has been a lot of negative critic and ofc there is a lots of things to work out (beta stage). Personally I think this is gonna be a good platform to include future development.

I will reserve my judgement at least for a week to adjust to this experience since things have changed so much. Just wanted to say ty publicly for your efforts. Keep it up and hopefully future patches doesn't take four months to ready up :lol:

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users