HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Looks like this is my new home...

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Xeneva

Xeneva

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted September 16 2013 - 05:44 AM

Hello there, my name is Evie. Call me EV or V if it's easier to remember. I'm 18, although turning 19 in 3 days. I'm from New Zealand. I'm new to Hawken and I won't be able to play it until I finish building my new computer, but that doesn't put me off making friends in the community first before I dive in.

I spend most of my days doing something that involves the internet, whether it's LAN parties, blogging, or a bit of coding here and there. I absolutely love technology and I own way too much of it. Chuck Palaniuk is my favourite author. I watch anime occasionally; Ao No Exorcist and Attack On Titan are my picks right now. I'm quite interested in astrology as well.

As far as my personality goes, I'm an absolute lone wolf and team work isn't my thing at all. Interacting with people is something I don't enjoy and I'm reknowned for my retiscence in the extreme. I barely talk IRL unless it's something to do with a subject I am intensely interested in, in which case... good luck getting me to shut up. So, yes, very shy and moody.

That being said, you seem like a very nice bunch and I am going to enjoy chatting with you all. I hope I can get my computer up and running soon so I can see for myself why you guys love this game so much. :- )

Ciao.

Posted Image

#2 Countrygal

Countrygal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationGermany - Boots City

Posted September 16 2013 - 05:52 AM

Welcome pilot!
The girls changing room is right over there, many lockers empty....
Don´t go without civil clothes or pilot suit, makes the guys crazy *whispers*

Please excuse grammatical errors, English is not my first language.  Thanks!

#3 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted September 16 2013 - 05:56 AM

That, was beautiful.

Welcome to Illal pilot, let us hope you stay here for a while!
I`ll fix it later.

#4 xXHadronCutterXx

xXHadronCutterXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted September 16 2013 - 05:59 AM

Welcome to the colony pilot, hope you enjoy your experience here and have a real blast playing with or against all these awesome players.
See you on the battlefield! :)

EDIT: A fellow Attack on Titan fan_ Wonderful, I've been watching it straight for the past three days and I've already exhausted all the avilable episodes, can't wait to see more, really powerful and emotional anime.

Edited by xXHadronCutterXx, September 16 2013 - 06:00 AM.

Get your hard on.

#5 Brnmatt7

Brnmatt7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSetting a trap for you on the Last Eco map

Posted September 16 2013 - 05:59 AM

Welcome pilot! Hope you stay with us for a while.

Posted Image

Check us out @ www.bsb-gaming.com

You can also find me on Raptr

#6 Xeneva

Xeneva

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted September 16 2013 - 06:02 AM

Thank you Countrygal, Aregon, Hadron and Brnmatt7 ^o^ I hope I stay for a while, too. I like you guys already!

And yes, Hadron, I've been no-lifing it also. I'm up to episode 9 at the moment and my entire psyche is in shreds already lol.

Edited by Xeneva, September 16 2013 - 06:04 AM.

Posted Image

#7 DaPheel

DaPheel

EXPLOSIONS_

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted September 16 2013 - 06:04 AM

Welcome aboard, pilot!
Posted Image"OFFICIAL SHIELD BEARER"
Spoiler

#8 DDwarrior

DDwarrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted September 16 2013 - 06:08 AM

Welcome.  I notice you say teamwork isn't your thing.  This is fine in the sense that you don't need to talk hardly at all since once you're on a team with a good leader a lot of your decision making willing eventually be instinctive and can be communicated with Q and Z for enemy located and  assistance needed respectively.   The forum is full of guides built up by the community and there are plenty of veterans here who are more then happy to lean advice for improving your play style.  Do note the game has undergone some big changes recently so some things may not be completely updated just yet.

As with any game, beware the occasional ragers and occasions where people become overly passionate.  ^_^
When I've launched onto the battlefield, torn my enemies to shreds.  I stride through the field and listen, I see a ping.  I quietly take my time moving into position, it pings.  I see him...but he doesn't see me.  That feeling of making someone feel defenseless in that moment.  It is glorious!

"I5-2400 3.3Ghz, 16GB Corsair 1600Mhz, MSI 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660Ti, COOLER MASTER HAF 912, GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H, LSP 750 PRO,  500GB Sata 6GB"

#9 DDwarrior

DDwarrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted September 16 2013 - 06:09 AM

I've been seeing talk of Attack of the Titans here and there.   Is it really that good_  I saw parts of the first episode and I didn't think much of it but you've got me curious to continue watching.
When I've launched onto the battlefield, torn my enemies to shreds.  I stride through the field and listen, I see a ping.  I quietly take my time moving into position, it pings.  I see him...but he doesn't see me.  That feeling of making someone feel defenseless in that moment.  It is glorious!

"I5-2400 3.3Ghz, 16GB Corsair 1600Mhz, MSI 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660Ti, COOLER MASTER HAF 912, GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H, LSP 750 PRO,  500GB Sata 6GB"

#10 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted September 16 2013 - 06:15 AM

Welcome Xeneva!

View PostDDwarrior, on September 16 2013 - 06:09 AM, said:

I've been seeing talk of Attack of the Titans here and there.   Is it really that good_  I saw parts of the first episode and I didn't think much of it but you've got me curious to continue watching.
Definitely watch more of it, but try to avoid spoilers on the Internet.

Edited by Houruck, September 16 2013 - 06:16 AM.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#11 Xeneva

Xeneva

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted September 16 2013 - 06:28 AM

View PostDDwarrior, on September 16 2013 - 06:08 AM, said:

Welcome.  I notice you say teamwork isn't your thing.  This is fine in the sense that you don't need to talk hardly at all since once you're on a team with a good leader a lot of your decision making willing eventually be instinctive and can be communicated with Q and Z for enemy located and  assistance needed respectively.   The forum is full of guides built up by the community and there are plenty of veterans here who are more then happy to lean advice for improving your play style.  Do note the game has undergone some big changes recently so some things may not be completely updated just yet.

As with any game, beware the occasional ragers and occasions where people become overly passionate.  ^_^
Haha, no, don't worry, I'm okay with playing with others in a game like this. As long as instructions are clear between ranks, then I'm sweet as and I can do my job. It's cool there's all sorts of resources that people have built up on the forums, though. I'll go and have a look in a moment. Thanks for the welcome :- )

View PostDDwarrior, on September 16 2013 - 06:09 AM, said:

It's BLOODY good. I haven't been enamoured with a series like AOT since Death Note.

Posted Image

#12 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted September 16 2013 - 06:39 AM

View PostXeneva, on September 16 2013 - 05:44 AM, said:

As far as my personality goes, I'm an absolute lone wolf and team work isn't my thing at all. Interacting with people is something I don't enjoy and I'm reknowned for my retiscence in the extreme.

Posted Image

JUST KIDDING !
Anyway you're very much welcome :) feel free to add me "EliteShooter" in game ! we can do some training

Posted Image

#13 Xeneva

Xeneva

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted September 16 2013 - 06:50 AM

Grumpy cat is my spirit animal ;- ) Cheers, I'll hit you up as soon as I have Hawken installed.

Posted Image

#14 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted September 16 2013 - 07:18 AM

Welcome to Hawken, pilot! :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#15 Ysenberg

Ysenberg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted September 16 2013 - 07:24 AM

Hi Evie!

Welcome to the asylum ;)
The forum is nice and friendly, but being a borderline sociopath in battle has its perks B)

If you come across a Grenadier who tries to bomb the living hell out of you, it may be me.
Feel free to add me if you like.

Ysen

[font=times new roman', times, serif]O Lord, bless this Thy holy grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy.[/font]

[font=times new roman', times, serif]  Grenadiers do it around the corner...^^ [/font][font=comic sans ms', cursive]W[/font][font=comic sans ms', cursive]andering guns #103: [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Ysenberg[/font][/font]

#16 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationThe ninth dimension

Posted September 16 2013 - 07:41 AM

Welcome aboard pilot. I hope you like the best mech game there is, and will be for the next century at least. See you on the battle field, happy hunting.

#17 Xeneva

Xeneva

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted September 16 2013 - 05:00 PM

Thank you Silencer, Ysenberg and SandSpider! :- )

Posted Image

#18 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted September 16 2013 - 05:24 PM

Well, I say welcome to the game! Always nice to have more fresh meat pilots join the game! ;) You'll find that Hawken's community is, hands down, one of the best gaming communities out there, so I hope you enjoy your time here.  The forums is much like a family.  We hate each other and yell at each other, but in the end, we all are very friendly and I swear, the bullets we fire are nothing but love taps (that kill).

Oh and I like your profile picture. A lot. Never mind, reminds me a bit of my ex. :P

Hope to catch you out there!

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#19 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted September 16 2013 - 05:49 PM

Welcome
I am the last caterpillar on illal
So ....
Omg
I am so lonely ;-;
*crys*
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#20 Wiggles

Wiggles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted September 16 2013 - 06:56 PM

Welcome! Not sure how busy the servers will be for you though, unfortunately. Play in the US West servers long enough and you're bound to run into me though! Hope you enjoy the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users