HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Services Maintenance: 9/20/13 12:00 AM PT (GMT-7)

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#141 Xuande

Xuande

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationShai Hulud

Posted September 21 2013 - 10:02 AM

Are there more server issues_ I and several others have not been able to join any games today.

Edited by Xuande, September 21 2013 - 10:03 AM.

Ol' Betsy || CR-T Recruit   Jethro || Raider
Jim Bob || Beserker    Big Bertha || Brawler
Bubba || Bruiser            Billy-Bob || Technician
Bobby-Joe || Reaper
My name is pronounced (Shuahn-duuh) not (Juan-dee).

#142 davek1979

davek1979

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationAt the table, eating Cupcakes for breakfast...

Posted September 21 2013 - 10:04 AM

Hehe someone flipped the wrong switch somewhere and ooooops, Hawken died globally. :D
"Mega-damage is systematically dismantling this game." - waftycrank. QFT. (http://community.pla...er/#entry224885)
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we spread out, we die.[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we stick together, we die together. (in memory of f_error, gone, but not forgotten)[/font]

#143 wonderfull_world

wonderfull_world

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 21 2013 - 10:07 AM

Yea. i can't connect to any server

#144 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted September 21 2013 - 10:10 AM

Yea I can't get into squat at the moment, even when friends invite me to games. Seems like some people can get into matches as I can see people in matches on the sever browser and my friends list but a vast majority of people can't get in.

I think servers may be going offline or something because my server list was pretty full when I signed on and now there's only a handful of servers left available to me. There's only 12 servers currently that show up for me (after filtering out the ones I can't join due to level restrictions or whatever) and it seems every few minutes another one drops off.

Posted Image

#145 TTNTM

TTNTM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted September 21 2013 - 10:11 AM

View Postdavek1979, on September 21 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

Hehe someone flipped the wrong switch somewhere and ooooops, Hawken died globally. :D

Seems like.

But all was fine until 20 minutes ago. Plenty of matches, all filled up to 12 during the last couple of hours on the US servers. And then, all of a sudden...boom. Patience required now I fear.

#146 AutoAxpert

AutoAxpert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 21 2013 - 10:12 AM

I don't know, there are some servers that are apparently working, but I can't join any of them. Are they going to acknowledge this is happening or we're just stuck with the "everything's fine" message at the top of the page_

#147 wonderfull_world

wonderfull_world

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 21 2013 - 10:19 AM

now i am there

#148 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted September 21 2013 - 10:19 AM

Just discovered a possible fix.

Play an Offline Team Death Match through training and that might let you back onto the servers. Just did that and now I can join games again.

Posted Image

#149 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted September 21 2013 - 11:47 AM

Unfortunately we are having to manually restart the matchmaker every few hours so that's why you are seeing the behavior you're seeing. We have a fix for the platform, are testing it and hope to have the fix deployed in the next couple of days.

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#150 Gunmoku

Gunmoku

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationThe mystical, magical land of Right Over There

Posted September 21 2013 - 11:50 AM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on September 21 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

Unfortunately we are having to manually restart the matchmaker every few hours so that's why you are seeing the behavior you're seeing. We have a fix for the platform, are testing it and hope to have the fix deployed in the next couple of days.

Is there someone literally sitting next to the matchmaking server with a clock and when the alarm rings, they press the restart button_  Because that is hilarious to imagine.

View PostRED_FIVE, on September 04 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

YER A RAIDER, HARRY.

#151 Akebo

Akebo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted September 21 2013 - 11:54 AM

yea um... we could use that restart right about now...

#152 RaudiXO

RaudiXO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted September 21 2013 - 11:58 AM

..and I just bought DoubleXP.. :angry:

#153 StayPhrosty

StayPhrosty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted September 21 2013 - 12:23 PM

i've been having issues with 'destination file was corrupted' etc. but i've also been having video card issues with other games this past week so maybe it's a problem on my end. Hopefully things clear up soon

#154 Wargasim

Wargasim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted September 21 2013 - 12:55 PM

lol Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me......but 3 times_

1. Ascension patch bombed and was delivered late.
2. Patch to fix ascension matchmaking bombed, was delivered late.
3. Ascension patch fix rolled back due to various issues
4. Match making server now not working properly, needs a restart every few hours and needs a patch.
5. Double XP weekend to appease the player base after the balls up and now many people cant even connect to take advantage.

So is this a fair summary - A patch to fix a patch to fix a patch_

I am sure you will forgive me for my lack of optimism <_<

#155 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted September 21 2013 - 01:10 PM

View PostWargasim, on September 21 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

lol Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me......but 3 times_

1. Ascension patch bombed and was delivered late.
2. Patch to fix ascension matchmaking bombed, was delivered late.
3. Ascension patch fix rolled back due to various issues
4. Match making server now not working properly, needs a restart every few hours and needs a patch.
5. Double XP weekend to appease the player base after the balls up and now many people cant even connect to take advantage.

So is this a fair summary - A patch to fix a patch to fix a patch_

I am sure you will forgive me for my lack of optimism <_<

Getting really sick of players oversimplifying the issues here and acting as if the development team does nothing but fuzzy bunny up.

1.) The Ascension Patch was a complete and total overhaul of the game. Yes the patch wasn't delivered by the end of August but because of this you got to play the Community Play Test Weekend which actually ran right up until the Ascension Patch went live. During this time you got to play all the new content and though none of your progress was saved this meant you got to try out anything you wanted without worrying about wasting your money on something that you didn't like. Not only that but a ton of people's accounts had a lot of extra Hawken and Meteor Credits. Oh yea and you got a free seven day EXP booster for your troubles.

2.) The new matchmaking system is a work in progress and it isn't perfect. It's now taking new things into account for how people are matched up and if there was an easy fix to this issue I'm fairly certain we'd have seen it by. I'm sure you've heard this a thousand times before but welcome to the wonderful world of Open Beta where things aren't perfect.

And before anyone opens their mouth to whine "But Keji! They're taking our money so this should work!" that excuse does not fly. Log onto Steam and go check out an Early Access title which will state that you should expect bugs, the game to crash, and so forth because it isn't finished. Hawken is basically doing the same thing only with the added benefit of being Free To Play so if you've spent money on the game you have no one to blame but yourself for that. No one tricked you or forced you to spend money.

Also the support team is really good about giving you time back for server down time and outages if you've activated a booster of any kind.

3.) Programming is much harder than I think many here realize and often fixing one thing will create unseen issues elsewhere which won't rear their ugly head until it's put to use. Hawken isn't the first game to have issues with patches nor will it be the last. I remember getting a patch for Skyrim on the PC which screwed up all kinds of things like making dragons fly backwards and other kinds of nonsense. Made the game unplayable for me for a little while. These things happen and I'm sure the development team wants it fixed a whole lot faster than you do.

4.) The team is also aware of the issue and actively working on fixing it.

5.) Darn, can't always get on to play during the free Double EXP Weekend. It isn't like everyone just got seven day booster codes for EXP and it isn't like the development team recently extended a Community Play Test Weekend so players due to server outages or anything.

Posted Image

#156 Wargasim

Wargasim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted September 21 2013 - 01:19 PM

View PostKejiGoto, on September 21 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

Wall of text

So we agree then. A patch to fix a patch  to fix a patch ^_^

#157 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted September 21 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostKejiGoto, on September 21 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

Programing may be hard, but it's not rocket science either. With proper testing and planning this mess wouldn't be quite as big.

Edited by Cyclonus, September 21 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#158 Dinre

Dinre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted September 21 2013 - 01:54 PM

View PostCyclonus, on September 21 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

Programing may be hard, but it's not rocket science either. With proper testing and planning this mess wouldn't be quite as big.

The programming part is actually pretty easy compared to deployment.  There are always ghosts in the code that pop out and say "boo" when you start put something onto a client server.  During testing, the ghosts tend to stay quiet.  It's almost a quantum problem.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users