HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Help guys!

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Brazen_Bull

Brazen_Bull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted September 27 2013 - 12:49 PM

Hi guys!

Lets start by saying: I have a 100gb internet connection. My upload is 3gb.
My pc isn't fuzzy bunny either. 4gb RAM Nvidia geforce gtx 460 and athlon II x4 640 @ 3.2 ghz

SOMETIMES when i go to game, i recieve no lag at all and proceed to have most points in my team.
(i main technician and if my teammates are idiots, i'll go on killing sprees by deconstructing fools)

But then again sometimes i get huge lag spikes at diffrent servers.

I am from finland so the closest server is UK by logic so i only search from UK...

Why is it that sometimes on some servers i get huge lag spikes (Game just FREEZES literally for 1,5 second each 2 seconds.)

This loses me all the engagements i wanted to have when i rush in and hunt down that 100 armor medium mech and have him kill me cause i cant move for 3 seconds cause my screen freezes and i can't move..

Now each order i make will be completed while frozen.. So if i dodge to the left and turn with my mouse and boost forward, it all happens while my screen is being frozen. After unfreezing i teleport to the location i was supposed to be at while screen was frozen.

I have turned down my graphic settings from ultra to high and no diffrence. Still the same thing with the same intervalls.

This does happen only randomly. Sometimes i can be on a crowded server 12/12 <-- with no lag at all. And on a 2/12 server have lag spikes randomly.

I have no idea whats wrong but this is very annoying.. Sometimes if i see that my game is laggy, i just leave the match and requeue.

Why is it that if i play some other games (Starcraft II, League of legends, Diablo 3, battlefield 3, ect...) My game has ultra settings and wont lag a bit. But hawken lags like hell randomly.

WTF IS GOING ON HERE!_ :(

#2 Ammannsebb

Ammannsebb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted September 27 2013 - 12:56 PM

Its probably not the same problem, but I had a problem with the same symptoms. It was almost in stop motion during gameplay from time to time, and I have 2 gtx660 ti oc.

It was due to Nvidia physx, the moment I removed it, the problem was solved. You probably already did that, but just in case. Good luck.

#3 Atlasblue

Atlasblue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationKCMO

Posted September 27 2013 - 01:00 PM

Somebody on your net DL'ing pom _

#4 Brazen_Bull

Brazen_Bull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted September 27 2013 - 01:07 PM

View PostAtlasblue, on September 27 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

Somebody on your net DL'ing pom _

My internet is divided by 3 machines, My computer, Wifes computer, Tv.
I still continue to have these sympthoms even if only my computer is active while others are shut down (Have tried removing other machines internet cable but have no effect.)

@Ammannsebb
I have to check that one out..
The screen freezes only when it wants to so its kinda weird that nvidia physics would function that way tho.

(i've never recieved the "rubberband" lag on this game)
Just the screen freezing like a screenshot for a second

Edited by Brazen_Bull, September 27 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#5 Zerjack

Zerjack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted September 27 2013 - 01:08 PM

First you gotta make sure it's lag, and no fps issues. Try Fraps to check the current FPS, and on the other hand, look at your ping to see abnormalities, if possible. A complete freeze does not sound like lag.
When you have lag there's a chaotic feeling, like the objects in screen move on weird patterns. When you have low fps, things move fractured, but organized.

#6 Brazen_Bull

Brazen_Bull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted September 27 2013 - 01:14 PM

View PostZerjack, on September 27 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

First you gotta make sure it's lag, and no fps issues. Try Fraps to check the current FPS, and on the other hand, look at your ping to see abnormalities, if possible. A complete freeze does not sound like lag.
When you have lag there's a chaotic feeling, like the objects in screen move on weird patterns. When you have low fps, things move fractured, but organized.

My ping is 118 (So its lag :(  )

The thing is, My fps seems like a steady 60 fps normally continuously and when the freezing comes, everything like explosions and stuff just stays still like a picture for few seconds and after it unfreezes its like everything happened normally below the frozen picture, Like if someone turned your screen off while you're playing and after the screen unfreezes you teleport to your destination while frozen (Commands being followed on freezemode)

Edited by Brazen_Bull, September 27 2013 - 01:17 PM.

#7 eagle53

eagle53

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationDark side of the Moon

Posted September 27 2013 - 01:30 PM

Brazen_Bull had a simler problem with just cause 2 and it only freeze after a couple minute of playing.looked on the internet and found a couple people say after they turned bloom in the game video setting it corrected the problem,so I gave it a try and it worked.don't know it you have it on in the game video setting but it's worth a try.lol
I Belong To The Warrior In Whom The Old Ways Have Joined The NewPosted Image

Check out Saturnines Guide to the Classes for help!

#8 Zerjack

Zerjack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted September 27 2013 - 01:31 PM

View PostBrazen_Bull, on September 27 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

My ping is 118 (So its lag :(  )

Uhh... you think 118 ping is enough to produce lag_ Well I certainly think it is not, The most lower ping I can get on any online game is 120, XD, so nope, pretty sure is not a network isuse. On the other hand, almost sure is a graphics issue, thus, might be a driver problem. Did you update recently_
As you got no problems on other games, (specially Battlefield 3). I would put my bets on a configuration issue. May be a problem of the game itself, or a problem between the driver and the game.

EDIT: When did the problem started, before of after the ascension patch_ BTW You could try a stress test with a benchmarking tool, but I might not be worth it as I would say BF3 on high settings consumes more resources than Hawken. Not sure though. By any chance you got FC3_ If you do and it runs well, you can be pretty sure it's the Hawken and driver communication.

Edited by Zerjack, September 27 2013 - 01:38 PM.

#9 Brazen_Bull

Brazen_Bull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted September 27 2013 - 01:36 PM

@eagle53 i'll try disabling phyx particles and see if it changes anything

@zerjack This issue has existed since the big patch came out... Have repaired after that with no luck..
Also updated my nvidia drivers today. Playing one match to see results (with physx particles turned off)

Edited by Brazen_Bull, September 27 2013 - 01:37 PM.

#10 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted September 27 2013 - 01:41 PM

this solved 100% of my problems.

Posted Image
    --[font=arial, sans-serif](◕_◕)    [/font]
Posted Image

#11 Zerjack

Zerjack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted September 27 2013 - 01:46 PM

View PostBrazen_Bull, on September 27 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

Also updated my nvidia drivers today. Playing one match to see results (with physx particles turned off)

It might be a problem with Hawken then. You know, on this week I've been playing like 3 hours per day, and yesterday I had a similar issue 3 times. The same "things still work on the background, but no visual feedback" thing. However my screen went black in that time.
I would inform the devs and wait for an update, we're still on beta so... :/

#12 Atlasblue

Atlasblue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationKCMO

Posted September 27 2013 - 01:48 PM

lol my first comp had 20gb, it loved diablo and limewire... ahhh the good old days... Methodus tools, AoL chatrooms, and dial up = better than 99% of FPS games out there

#13 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted September 27 2013 - 01:49 PM

The most stable driver nvidia has put out for a while was 314.22. I and others still use this because it provides us the best fps with the least issues.

#14 Brazen_Bull

Brazen_Bull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted September 27 2013 - 02:01 PM

no luck.... game will randomly freeze visually with either ultra or low graphics.
turning physix off wont help either..

Oh btw i use SSD for windows and HDD for gaming..

@Atlasblue Those were the good ol' days man!

EDIT:

Hawken team! Fix these problems for EU players!
Meanwhile this must be the best FPS game i have ever played! Only thing keeping me going back to LoL is this damn lag..
And it pisses me off when the enemy see me standing still and kill me. When i say honestly it was lag i promise, they just say yeah right scrub.. :(

But in a serious note: I'll keep waiting till a fix to this.. Annoying to see that other players can play fine while we get lag issues... Maybe ill just continue to play unlaggy games and leave the second the game starts lagging.

Since its random, might as well try...

Edited by Brazen_Bull, September 27 2013 - 02:04 PM.

#15 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted September 27 2013 - 02:06 PM

that's why.

put hawken on ur SSD

i have windows 7 and hawken on the same hard drive,

fps is still good even when recording on fraps

Edited by angryhampster, September 27 2013 - 02:09 PM.

--[font=arial, sans-serif](◕_◕)    [/font]
Posted Image

#16 Zerjack

Zerjack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted September 27 2013 - 02:14 PM

View Postangryhampster, on September 27 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

that's why.

It's not the SSD, SSD's are not magical... Most of the game (as most games) is loaded on the RAM. Even the fastest SSD is much slower than the RAM. All SSD' do is make the reading from the disk faster. They're useful for O.S. for example. Plus we're talking about a freeze of the display not a low fps issue. Commands are still executed, but display driver fails to show an image.

Edited by Zerjack, September 27 2013 - 02:16 PM.

#17 solarflareTM

solarflareTM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationAlberta Canada

Posted September 27 2013 - 02:39 PM

View Postangryhampster, on September 27 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

this solved 100% of my problems.

Posted Image

that will only speed up load times will have 0 effect on fps or internet lag.
Posted Image

#18 Brazen_Bull

Brazen_Bull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted September 28 2013 - 12:34 AM

Gotta say.. Hawken has a great community.. So helpfull and polite..
(comparison: League of legends community... yuck)

#19 Brazen_Bull

Brazen_Bull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted September 28 2013 - 05:13 AM

After overclocking my GPU the game graphics and fps improved but the problem still exist so its a problem at hawkens part..

#20 HatesYourFace

HatesYourFace

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted September 28 2013 - 07:05 AM

I'm gonna assume since your rig is pretty good it has multiple cores_ I had a smiliar problem with some game I cant remember atm, and I set the affinity in the Task Manager to core 1 and disabled all others, this fixed my intermittent lock ups.

Don't know if it'll work for you/Hawken...but its worth a try_
Posted Image

I also play on "PoundSignYoloSwag" (Assault/G2 Assault) and "FriendshipIsMagic" (Rocketeer) But haven't been able to add them to my Sig yet due to computer problems.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users