HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Help guys!

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Brazen_Bull

Brazen_Bull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted September 28 2013 - 10:14 AM

View PostHatesYourFace, on September 28 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

I'm gonna assume since your rig is pretty good it has multiple cores_ I had a smiliar problem with some game I cant remember atm, and I set the affinity in the Task Manager to core 1 and disabled all others, this fixed my intermittent lock ups.

Don't know if it'll work for you/Hawken...but its worth a try_

You are correct. I was running hawken at 1 core and changed it to 4 cores.. unfortunately this didn't fix the problem but once again reduced load times...

Before overclocking on stock i had to wait 1 second to load textures on a mech model.. After overclocking it was instant..
Feels like the video is stuttering or something.. I've overclocked my memory up to 2000 mhz and my cores to 850 mhz..

Once again it seems like a problem of hawkens side..

#22 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted September 28 2013 - 10:14 AM

FIrst reset all your ingame settings. To do that go to C:..........My documentsMy games directory, and in there rename the hawken folder to hawkenbackup. Then start the game and see if the issues remains.

If it does, open the launcher and validate your install by clicking the little cog symbol topright on the launcher.

When the issue still persists after doing this, then remove all USB devices from your USB ports (well, leave the keyboard and/or mouse plugged in :) )

When you are still having those freezes after all this, then make sure your windows version is up to date: https://playhawken.z...Windows-Updates- and make sure your DirectX install is ok: https://playhawken.z...pdating-DirectX

It also can't hurt to open a ticket with the support staff: https://playhawken.z...us_requests/new

Edited by hendman, September 28 2013 - 10:15 AM.

#23 Brazen_Bull

Brazen_Bull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted September 28 2013 - 10:23 AM

View Posthendman, on September 28 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

FIrst reset all your ingame settings. To do that go to C:..........My documentsMy games directory, and in there rename the hawken folder to hawkenbackup. Then start the game and see if the issues remains.

If it does, open the launcher and validate your install by clicking the little cog symbol topright on the launcher.

When the issue still persists after doing this, then remove all USB devices from your USB ports (well, leave the keyboard and/or mouse plugged in :) )

When you are still having those freezes after all this, then make sure your windows version is up to date: https://playhawken.z...Windows-Updates- and make sure your DirectX install is ok: https://playhawken.z...pdating-DirectX

It also can't hurt to open a ticket with the support staff: https://playhawken.z...us_requests/new

Thanks for the helpfull response!

How can usb devices interfere with hawken_ After pressing the kog thing it verifies and says everything is normal... Seems pretty weird..
This might be an issue that can be fixed only after opening a ticket.. So sad :(

#24 Brazen_Bull

Brazen_Bull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted September 28 2013 - 10:32 AM

UPDATE:

Seems that my isp is bugged.. once taking a speedtest it throws me out to the border of finland about +400 kilometers away from my real location and after connection to my actual location from the false location it gives me these results:
http://www.speedtest...sult/2998335791

God thats ba-messed up.

I  hope to god this is an ISP issue that THEY can fix instead of me having to contact hawken and try to find another fix.

#25 spaXXX

spaXXX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted September 28 2013 - 02:36 PM

Well it is obvious that your internet and PC configuration is more than enough for normal playing. I play on laptop(normal, not even close gamer version) and internet connection 3 times slower_

Do you have problems with another game_ If no, definitly your hawken is corrupted in some manner...

I would start from all advanced graphic and game settings(shutdown all eye candies, phySX...) if no change, then you must reinstall game.

#26 Brazen_Bull

Brazen_Bull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted September 28 2013 - 03:27 PM

View PostspaXXX, on September 28 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

Well it is obvious that your internet and PC configuration is more than enough for normal playing. I play on laptop(normal, not even close gamer version) and internet connection 3 times slower_

Do you have problems with another game_ If no, definitly your hawken is corrupted in some manner...

I would start from all advanced graphic and game settings(shutdown all eye candies, phySX...) if no change, then you must reinstall game.

Definetly going to reinstal :( hope it fixes everything.. Will post results after reinstallation.

#27 Martock

Martock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted September 28 2013 - 10:40 PM

View PostBrazen_Bull, on September 27 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

Hi guys!

Lets start by saying: I have a 100gb internet connection. My upload is 3gb.
My pc isn't fuzzy bunny either. 4gb RAM Nvidia geforce gtx 460 and athlon II x4 640 @ 3.2 ghz

SOMETIMES when i go to game, i recieve no lag at all and proceed to have most points in my team.
(i main technician and if my teammates are idiots, i'll go on killing sprees by deconstructing fools)

But then again sometimes i get huge lag spikes at diffrent servers.

I am from finland so the closest server is UK by logic so i only search from UK...

Why is it that sometimes on some servers i get huge lag spikes (Game just FREEZES literally for 1,5 second each 2 seconds.)

This loses me all the engagements i wanted to have when i rush in and hunt down that 100 armor medium mech and have him kill me cause i cant move for 3 seconds cause my screen freezes and i can't move..

Now each order i make will be completed while frozen.. So if i dodge to the left and turn with my mouse and boost forward, it all happens while my screen is being frozen. After unfreezing i teleport to the location i was supposed to be at while screen was frozen.

I have turned down my graphic settings from ultra to high and no diffrence. Still the same thing with the same intervalls.

This does happen only randomly. Sometimes i can be on a crowded server 12/12 <-- with no lag at all. And on a 2/12 server have lag spikes randomly.

I have no idea whats wrong but this is very annoying.. Sometimes if i see that my game is laggy, i just leave the match and requeue.

Why is it that if i play some other games (Starcraft II, League of legends, Diablo 3, battlefield 3, ect...) My game has ultra settings and wont lag a bit. But hawken lags like hell randomly.

WTF IS GOING ON HERE!_ :(

You GPU is old and junky, your CPU is a POS, and you are only runing 4GB of RAM. Of course you will have lag spikes.

People are saying it is PhysX, and a few of them have double video cards, so once again, I call BS on that note.  I am only using 1 GPU (Evga Gtx 660 Ti FTW sig 2) and get no video lag on any servers, will max settings, and PhysX on.  AND I am running multiple displays. It's most likely your computers.  I run the i7 3770 @ 3.4GHz (3.9 turbo), above mentioned gpu, 32GB Ram, Corsair Nutron 240GB SSD Powered by a Corsair HX1050 PSU (and a few other bells and whistles that do not effect gameplay) and i NEVER get viedeo lag in any game that I play, with settings to max.  Best advice: Check your Rig,
Posted Image

#28 Brazen_Bull

Brazen_Bull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted September 29 2013 - 01:20 AM

@Martock

Hey elitist!

Do you even know the system specs for hawken_
If you'd actually read this thread, you'd realise that i'm running much heavier games with no lag at all.
My gpu is actually more than enough to run hawken and hawken only requires 4 gb of ram.

Do you really think hawken needs more ram than starcraft with a screen full of zerglings and marines_

#29 Martock

Martock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted September 29 2013 - 02:30 AM

@Bull
Hey, I recently upgraded from a similar gpu, a gtx 560, and 4 gb of ram, and I lagged hard from time to time on that rig. Similar specs to what you quoted.  Hawken is a resource hog. Pure and simple, so yes, check your system.

***Edit**
My old rig also handled diablo 3 on max settings in multiplayer, borderlands 2, and skyrim with a ton of HD texture mods smoothly, and Hawken still lagged from time to time.

Edited by Martock, September 29 2013 - 02:31 AM.

Posted Image

#30 Brazen_Bull

Brazen_Bull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted September 29 2013 - 02:53 AM

@Martock

So its once again a problem of hawkens. They should modify the game graphics in a way its easier for cheaper and shittier computers to run and this would gain them more players easily.. But then again keep the high end ultra graphics for players with 5000€ computers...

League of legends focused on this and their game has okay graphics and it runs on a 90's laptop..

Maybe its codewise too stressfull cause the right solution wasn't found. You can easily just abuse brain illusions to make the game look like having high end graphics while using just illusion tricks instead.. (Guys know the 3d bush trick_)

There is clearly a problem if battlefield 3 on ultra handles better than hawken on high..
People these days don't appreciate the gameplay and focus too much on graphics.. I'd rather have a fuzzy bunny that works than a polished fuzzy bunny that doesn't work.

EDIT:
/Offtopic Martock can u post the FPS you get when you run a stress test trough furmark_

Edited by Brazen_Bull, September 29 2013 - 02:55 AM.

#31 Martock

Martock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted September 29 2013 - 11:47 AM

You can't compare Hawken to Battlefield 3.  Hawken isn't done by EA, arguably the biggest gaming studio out there ( with the exception of maybe Blizzard).  Also, this is a beta.  Game companies shouldn't have to dumb down their games for bad or old systems. A large chunk of us that are computer gamers do so because of the superior graphics over consoles.  I don't want to be an ass, but your computer is fuzzy bunny dude. Your CPU scores roughly the same as my old core 2 quad.  It just won't cut it anymore.   Yes, some of the fault may be with the game itself, but the majority of it rests on your system.

Both modes, with no msaa, and with max msaa.  Like I said, nothing special, I just don't want to worry about many upgrades for a few years.

Posted Image

***Edit***
Your computer barely meets minimum requirements. Have you tried running on low, or medium settings_  Not trying to rip on your system either, it's not what I would consider to be a "gaming" quality computer.

Edited by Martock, September 29 2013 - 12:16 PM.

Posted Image

#32 Brazen_Bull

Brazen_Bull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted September 30 2013 - 08:10 AM

@Martock..

Funny how my fuzzy bunny gpu is getting 40 fps while yours is getting under 30 fps..
It's not about whos got the most money. It's all about bang for your buck.

And seeing you are getting 19 fps is meaning your clocking settings are messed up.
You have alot to learn grasshopper.

Edit:

I did a pc specs test and i passed with golden marks instead of greens so my computer's clocked settings meats more than the games requirements.

Btw my brother might have the same graphics card you have and it isn't that powerfull compared to mine.
(He is running it stock cause he didn't upgrade the cooling)

Edit2:
What i mean by "that powerfull" means that you shouldnt pay 300€ more for a gpu thats a little bit more powerfull.
If your graphics card costs twice as much, it should be atleast 4 times more powerfull.

Here is my gpu with stock settings (When not overclocked)
Posted Image

Edited by Brazen_Bull, September 30 2013 - 08:20 AM.

#33 Martock

Martock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted September 30 2013 - 09:40 AM

Your screen resolution is only 1024x668, you are using 0x msaa, and only ran it for a minute.  And it says 31 fps, not 40. My clock settings on my gpu are fine. They are stock settings, I have no need to overclock, i run everything on ultra with no issues. Secondly, please, please please don't even try to say  your chumpy 460 compares to my 660. Just don't.
Posted Image

#34 Brazen_Bull

Brazen_Bull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted September 30 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostMartock, on September 30 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

Your screen resolution is only 1024x668, you are using 0x msaa, and only ran it for a minute.  And it says 31 fps, not 40. My clock settings on my gpu are fine. They are stock settings, I have no need to overclock, i run everything on ultra with no issues. Secondly, please, please please don't even try to say  your chumpy 460 compares to my 660. Just don't.

First of all resolution doesent count since its only deciding the size of the furmark window.
And it doesent matter if you run it 1 minute to 5 years since i stopped it at max temp.
The temp wouldnt rise above 49 celcius since i have a diffrent cooler.
Second of all i was using the stock clocks so ofc its only 30 celcius.

Third: i run starcraft 2 on ultra with stock clocks and it runs perfectly.

So in conclusion you're saying that hawken needs more power to run than starcraft 2.. Have you played ZvZ_

#35 Martock

Martock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted September 30 2013 - 01:24 PM

Resolution does mater, since I run my Bechnmark and Bun-in tests in full screen, so yes, that most certainly DOES make a difference. Run Furmark on 1920x1080, full screen, with 8xmsaa. run it for a full cycle, should only be a few minutes. Then post the same stats page I did. I would be curious to see your real results. And temp doesn't really come in to play in this.  My card is rated to run at a much higher speed. And it sure as hell does matter. Your card will not reach max temp after a minute and a half. I have no idea where you get the idea that a cooler temp means more fps. Maybe if it was overheating, but my card gets nowhere close to that level. So that should address your first and second.

Third, once agin, a puzzling point, because unless i am misunderstanding you, you think that overclocking your gpu means that you only increase the fan speed. Overclocking is an increase of power to your card, and thus, more performance ability. Starcraft isn't a beta, and was brought to you by the same people that made diablo 3, one of the largest fails in game history, besides perhaps the duke nukem travesty.  Those games were specifically made to run on old, and bad systems.  It's how they make money. It was kind of like EA and the Mass Effect trilogy. Epic games, but able to be run on a toaster. Hawken is free to play. FREE.  You have GOT to stop comparing it to games made by EA an Blizzard. The hawken crew is great, but they are not even close to the big leagues yet.

So in conclusion, yes, I am saying that Hawken uses more resources to run. Not "power". Resources.  And no, I have not played Starcraft, as it doesn't interest me. I do however play a heavily modded sins of a solar empire, and that game made my old rig lag during the battles. And it doesn't even implement physX.
Posted Image

#36 Brazen_Bull

Brazen_Bull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted September 30 2013 - 02:31 PM

@martock

I never said overclocking means that i should increase fan speed. WHAT_

Over clocking is increasing megahertz in your cores and your memory.

Getting a stable system basically means that you over clock your GPU and run furmark.
If your temps are good and your fps isnt 19, then your gpu is stable.
However if your temp raises to +80 celcius or fps drops after 2-3 minutes of running furmark then its an unstable clock.

I already clocked my system and figured out a stable overclock and run furmark to the end.. That screencap i took was the stock clocks of the gpu and i already knew the old results.

After reopening furmark and trying with the screen resolutio 1920x1080 i got the same results.

EDIT:
On the subject of fan speed, my stock fan speed is 40% and i havent changed it ever.
I have an arctic cooling accelero xtreme since i had to replace the stock fan cause it broke.

Why overkill cooling on an old gpu_ Cause i'm planning to use it after upgrading my gpu to a new one when this one becomes obsolete. For my gaming needs its good enough.

Edited by Brazen_Bull, September 30 2013 - 02:34 PM.

#37 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted September 30 2013 - 06:54 PM

I hate to interrupt the epeen contest about who has the best rig, but more people reported about unexplainable lagspikes, freezes, blackscreens, and even complete computer restarts since the ascension update went live. These people also report that they play a lot of other games without any hiccups, but only in hawken they get these strange phenomena. So it seems it is more hawkens fault, then the configuration of the computers people play on.

#38 Brazen_Bull

Brazen_Bull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted October 01 2013 - 02:31 AM

@hendman

That's what i have been trying to tell you guys. Hawken should fix these issues.
Thanks for the comment tho. Was getting tired of trolling

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users