HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Upcoming Autobalance Adjustments

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#101 Wargasim

Wargasim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted October 04 2013 - 03:48 PM

Wow, so another patch deadline missed.

Won't hold my breath for Tuesday either.

Looooooooooooooved the 6v3 and 5v2 game tonight btw...

Also enjoyed how a 3v3 turned into a 6v3 stacking members on the team that was winning.

<_<

Edited by Wargasim, October 04 2013 - 03:48 PM.

#102 [HWK]ZamboniChaos

[HWK]ZamboniChaos

Community Manager

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 990 posts
  • LocationCruise Ship, Stern

Posted October 04 2013 - 03:51 PM

View PostWargasim, on October 04 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

Also enjoyed how a 3v3 turned into a 6v3 stacking members on the team that was winning.

<_<

From the original post, in reference to the changes planned for yesterday:

This change will not require any patch or downtime to implement.

Can't miss a patch deadline when there's no patch required! :P

Pour yourself a drink, I'll sing you a song.

@ZamboniChaos

#103 HackNFly

HackNFly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted October 04 2013 - 04:10 PM

I'm personally impressed with the level of feedback we're getting.  When you have the producer of a title drop into the forums to answer questions, that's a good sign.  Compare this to the treatment MWO fans got.

As far as the not having balance implemented...  Balanced games were implemented.  The old system, while not perfect had reasonable balance. However, a GIANT patch was dropped and changes were made, you can't expect everything to be perfect right away.  I'm sure the balance issues took them by surprise, maches of 7v5 couldn't have been intentional.  I'm happy they're taking immediate steps to correct the issue, as well as providing feedback such as the Q&A thread.  

I look forwards to the fixes, and am happy they're incorporating a button to volunteer yourself to be switched.  Hopefully it'll pick the highest scoring person that volunteers, or something else reasonable.

#104 Krellus

Krellus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted October 04 2013 - 10:51 PM

so switch team f12 coming tues. AWESOME WORK DEVS :D

#105 Wargasim

Wargasim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted October 04 2013 - 11:13 PM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on October 04 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

<_<

Fair enough...So you saying the balancing is still screwed after the 'hotfix_'

It sure was not working properly last night thats for sure -_-

#106 [HWK]ZamboniChaos

[HWK]ZamboniChaos

Community Manager

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 990 posts
  • LocationCruise Ship, Stern

Posted October 04 2013 - 11:20 PM

View PostWargasim, on October 04 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on October 04 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

<_<

Fair enough...So you saying the balancing is still screwed after the 'hotfix_'

It sure was not working properly last night thats for sure -_-

That was only the first step. We knew that this change alone would not completely solve the problem. That's why we have more changes planned for Tuesday.

Pour yourself a drink, I'll sing you a song.

@ZamboniChaos

#107 Wargasim

Wargasim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted October 05 2013 - 12:44 AM

Thanks for the update Zamboni

Hopefully that sorts it out once and for all. There is only so many 6v3's I can handle.

I really love this game and the potential it has. It just feels like the game is losing direction.

The enjoyment level pre tech patch was 10 times what it is now :(

#108 Jayxx_

Jayxx_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 05 2013 - 04:20 AM

Wargasim, on October 05 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:

Thanks for the update Zamboni

Hopefully that sorts it out once and for all. There is only so many 6v3's I can handle.

I really love this game and the potential it has. It just feels like the game is losing direction.

The enjoyment level pre tech patch was 10 times what it is now :(

this game needs to be fixed.  i am sick of people killign me all the time.  im playing people that are 10 times better then me all the time.  i am not having fun playing this game.

im sad that i spent money on this game.

#109 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted October 05 2013 - 05:12 AM

Jayxx, I'm in a similar boat to you.  I'm level 30 but low level intermediate player (MMR 1400s)  Try playing DM.  I still face a lot of those better players, but I feel it's closer in some ways than Team DM where you just find yourself whittled by crossfire then either their raider/scout jumps up and blasts you or their SS snipes you.  

In DM, I feel like I'm at least learning and progressing.  My MMR has gone up 3 points!  Plus if more players like join DM, I have better chance to get kills! :)
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#110 M4st0d0n

M4st0d0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted October 05 2013 - 12:47 PM

This is great news. I've never been a fan of the team switch button, it had its fair share of abuse back in the days.

If knights of the TDM are ready to sacrifice themselves to balance the teams, it's actually a far better and noble act. I'll be tempted to use it, being a fat fairy rocketeer.

#111 Kruckie001

Kruckie001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 06 2013 - 12:12 AM

Hi guys. I just want to air my opinion regarding the auto switching when a member of the team dies. I played a couple of times after this was implemented and It really isn't doing well for me.

This is what happened during one of matches:
I made the most effort for our team to win. As expected my effort was reflected by the score. I got the highest score in the match and our lowest scorer is equal with the opposing teams highest scorer. However, because I was always initiating I got killed first and was auto-switched to the opposing team. By that time it was too late to turn the match around since many of my new allies where quitting and morale is down. It totally rendered my effort useless.

The effort of team Hawken is much appreciated though. It's the taught that counts.

Now, I have a suggestion.
First, stop the auto-switching.
Second, Even out both teams in number. If one team has more player(s), the exceeding player(s) can't launch unless it's even out. that way there will be no outnumbering. Because honestly. being outnumbered really takes out the fun.

Again just airing my opinion. thanks a lot. it's a fun game.

#112 Hell_Tigris

Hell_Tigris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationFort Drum, NY

Posted October 06 2013 - 12:47 PM

ropefish mini nukes available to the losing team for balance!

#113 T_Bot

T_Bot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted October 07 2013 - 02:43 AM

BTW i think i understand why the matchmaker has often problems to balance the teams:

The Problem: Pilots connecting

Even teams, 3 pilots connect. The matchmaker puts 1 to blue and 2 to red (not calculating who is winning atm). The connecting pilot of the blue team did not arrive on the server. So now you have team red with 2 plus pilots, no chance for blue to win.

IMHO the easy solution:
The connecting pilot needs to tab the ready button before he gets allocated to his team. And the team that is loosing will get the new pilot first. Like that you know 100% that the pilot is on the server and ready to fight.

P.s:
Also the Teams should be balanced by SPM, i think this is the only real way skill shows. I saw lvl 20 pilots in getting 30% better score than the rest of the team, and i saw lvl 30 pilots that ranked so far below I dont even know how they got the experiance to hit lvl 30.
SPM is a perfect way to estimate how good a pilot is.

#114 Cyclohexane

Cyclohexane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted October 07 2013 - 10:07 PM

View PostUSMC_Karl, on October 03 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

Re: tuning points;
It really comes down to this; do you think that giving a player a 10% faster weapon fire rate, a couple second quicker cool down, 100 more armor, etc is hugely game breaking_  I tend to think not.  It's a nice incentive to keep people playing but won't cause a situation where one player will definitely defeat another player simply because of stats.  Sure, if they sit there and just wail on each other without dodging that would be the case, but the game actively discourages you from doing that.

If equal skill, the extra armor and firepower makes a huge difference.

View PostM4st0d0n, on October 03 2013 - 06:09 PM, said:

Vertical progression is not a problem, you can be level 30 in less than thirty hours of gameplay. For a free to play it's not bad and keep the incentive of buying XP boost for those in a hurry. The problem is when level is the first factor in matchmaking. It got worst with a bugged matchmaking and a small community.

Thats the point.  You can reach level 30 faster than your skill.  So you get placed on the noob team while you are a noob (auto-balance placing priority on pilot skill).  Then your team gets smashed.  You can keep pilot level, just remove the tuning points by giving them to everyone immefiately.  Then level 30 and level 1 is equal and then auto-balance can focus on important features such as "kill/death ratio + assist/death ratio + time played/week".  Thats an example of stats already collected that could be easily calculated.  Just the level 30 will look cooler, have access to avatars, animations, etc.  You can even make using certain mechs dependent on pilot level - like scout only on level 31 :)

It also affects casual players (i.e. players with jobs).  My point is, it is not a RPG game, it is a FPS game.  Level does not belong here and definately affects the outcome in  a battle versus equally skilled players (even makes mechs play different if focus on one skill or another).

#115 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted October 12 2013 - 10:34 PM

Still not balanced...

#116 Korgeth

Korgeth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 28 2013 - 04:19 AM

KejiGoto, on September 30 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

Glad to see something is changing and soon because honestly the current system has been killing my drive to play with matches being all over the match. In my opinion it isn't fun to be on a team getting crushed nor is it any fun to crush a team. While I wish matches would be more evenly matched based on skill if we can at least get even numbers down that will hopefully cut back on 12 minutes of 2v6 because some players aren't good enough to actually want a challenge when they play an online multiplayer game.

The system isn't perfect and it's going to be flawed for some time. At least at this point we've got an idea on when we'll be able to switch teams to hopefully even stuff out even further though sadly that won't take into account those who live to pub stomp or just simply don't care.
Nor is it any fun to crush a team_   Come on man you know it IS fun to Wup Ass sometimes. I agree its not fun to be "crushed", I also agree its not ALWAYS fun to "crush" other teams either. Its always the best games when both teams are "evenly" matched, therefore making the outcome related to player skill, and skill alone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users