HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Graphics_

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JACKO720

JACKO720

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 05 2013 - 05:59 AM

I was just wondering is the graphic will be able to drop more as the game develops.

I don't lag hard its just my fps is not good when i jump in to heavy battles.

Good fantasizing right :P

#2 standardstyle

standardstyle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, US

Posted November 10 2013 - 08:31 PM

If it doesn't, there are plenty of suitable graphics cards that you could pick up for your PC for under 100 bucks that would run Hawken just fine. However I would guess that lower graphics settings won't exist in the game at any time, but further optimization may be done within the game itself, and in upcoming graphics drivers. In the meantime, be sure that you are lowering the settings as much as you can, like reducing the resolution and turning off all of the advanced settings, so that you can achieve a higher FPS count. :)

#3 DreamedArtist

DreamedArtist

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted November 20 2013 - 07:10 PM

gtx 650 ti 2gb card its around $120 cad  and you can almost max it out on that little beast of a card at 1080P
Practice good sportsmanship, You were a noob once too

Posted Image

#4 Facepunch317

Facepunch317

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationAbove you

Posted December 01 2013 - 01:18 PM

GTX 660 Ti. That's what I run, it never lags for me. I got mine on sale for about $100, and I do imagine it will continue to serve me well until 4k monitors start picking up.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

#5 davek1979

davek1979

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationAt the table, eating Cupcakes for breakfast...

Posted December 02 2013 - 03:50 AM

FOR THE SAKE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY!

GRAPHICS CARD IS ONLY PART OF THAT PERFORMANCE EQUATION.

There is more to it than chucking 32435 Titans into a system. Check your processor and I can't stress this enough: PROCESSOR IS PARAMOUNT TO GRAPHICAL PERFORMANCE, right alongside that GPU. Upgrading your proc alone can raise your FPS - CONSIDERABLY. Then mainboard - it's cool to chuck nice stuff on it, but if the infrastructure that powers it all sux then you will not get that speed you so desire. RAM... and lots of it. Consider running Hawken from a ramdisk, it rocks.

(sorry for caps but honestly this is beyond joke how many people live in the illusion GPU is the ultimate saviour of their performance)
"Mega-damage is systematically dismantling this game." - waftycrank. QFT. (http://community.pla...er/#entry224885)
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we spread out, we die.[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we stick together, we die together. (in memory of f_error, gone, but not forgotten)[/font]

#6 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted December 02 2013 - 09:33 AM

View Postdavek1979, on December 02 2013 - 03:50 AM, said:

GRAPHICS CARD IS ONLY PART OF THAT PERFORMANCE EQUATION.

(sorry for caps but honestly this is beyond joke how many people live in the illusion GPU is the ultimate saviour of their performance)

This, there are so many more components that add up to total performance - CPU type/core amount, power supply, RAM quality & clock speed, hard disk read/write speed, and let's not forget all of the fun that comes with high-speed internet connections!
Posted Image

#7 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted December 12 2013 - 10:41 PM

My game used to run well until they upped requis for the pred vision or something like that... I used to be an adventurer like you until i took a arrow to the knee.

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users