HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Keloid second trailer, the mechanical nerdgasm!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Pelax

Pelax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted October 06 2013 - 07:18 AM

This is so stunning that left me speechless...

It's a project made by Big Lazy Robot Studio with collaboration with Aaron Beck & Greg Broadmore - guys responsible for visual look of such movies as District 9 and Elysium.

Here's some conceptart from Aaron Beck:

http://skul4aface.bl...l-o-i-d-ii.html

Enjoy!

Edited by Pelax, December 06 2013 - 01:24 AM.

#2 Hell_Tigris

Hell_Tigris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationFort Drum, NY

Posted October 06 2013 - 08:01 AM

Was there supposed to be a video there_

#3 Magnolia1038

Magnolia1038

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationThe Pen Is Mightier Than The Axe

Posted October 06 2013 - 09:39 AM

Is this the one_

It looks absolutely stunning, and the concept behind the cockpit system, while already in place in certain weapon systems, is nothing short of revolutionary for bipedal machines that require a pilot.

#4 Hell_Tigris

Hell_Tigris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationFort Drum, NY

Posted October 06 2013 - 12:20 PM

http://www.k3loid.com/

Synopsis

In a not too distant future, societies of all countries come to rely on an intricate network of artificial intelligence devices designed to bring efficacy to man's life. Yet, man continues to devour himself in useless wars. A strong political hierarchy now divides all powers into three factions, and A. I. devices rapidly gain ground as efficiency becomes a priority.
As social revolts grow worse everyday, authorities seek ways to control their citizens. They decide to carry out a series of tests that will determine not only whether some crucial powers can be transferred to non human entities, but also whether man is ready to yield those powers.
The world has become a cell for all man and women, who withstand and endure their lives, rather than living them. Machines might have found a solution.
From now on, you are set free.
Keloid is not about robots, is about men. Big Lazy Robot created this spec film -- more than two years in the making -- with the purpose of giving free reign to the creative aspects of production that many times are so much missed during profit work. And yes, we enjoyed the ride!

Thanks Pelax, I plan on following this movie, never heard of it until you posted. Looks entertaining and the plot is interesting, I look forward to seeing it.

#5 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted October 07 2013 - 12:50 PM

I have been seeing stuff related to this around for a while now. It looks awesome!

I cannot wait to see what comes out of this project.
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#6 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted October 07 2013 - 03:49 PM

What did I just watch. WHAT. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#7 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted October 07 2013 - 05:44 PM

that
is
fuzzy bunny
awsome
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#8 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted October 08 2013 - 01:12 AM

The folks who did District 9 and Elysium are awesome :D Looks sick
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#9 Pelax

Pelax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted December 05 2013 - 03:15 AM

Just a little bonus - beside 3d modeling, rendering software you need smth to animate those models you've created to make a cinematic, right_ I didn't know that you can actually make your own motion capture studio in your own room within home budget. All u need is iPi Motion Capture Studio plus 3-4 Motion/Kinect cameras.

When I was researching how to easy do a mo-cap in our little game company I've found this video - and what a huge surprise! Keloid was done using iPi software!

#10 Aims

Aims

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted December 05 2013 - 08:41 AM

Ok. That looks amazing.

The production and sound design was fantastic... though the transition to dubstep was a bit unnecessary.

Got some awesome Ghost In The Shell vibes from that though. Is this likely to become a feature film_

#11 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted December 05 2013 - 10:41 AM

View PostPelax, on December 05 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

Just a little bonus - beside 3d modeling, rendering software you need smth to animate those models you've created to make a cinematic, right_ I didn't know that you can actually make your own motion capture studio in your own room within home budget. All u need is iPi Motion Capture Studio plus 3-4 Motion/Kinect cameras.

When I was researching how to easy do a mo-cap in our little game company I've found this video - and what a huge surprise! Keloid was done using iPi software!

Funny enough, I've actually been experimenting for awhile in my studio (we just put up 2 big green and gray cycloramas) with iPi software and a very small array of DSLR cameras........
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users