HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Special boxed edition

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you want boxed release_! (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want boxed release (special edition with soundtrack, picts, game etc.) _!

1. It will be AWESOME (just take my money). (18 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. It can be nice, but i dont need it (if there will be possibility i buy it). (20 votes [44.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

3. I dont care (i dont need it). (4 votes [8.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.89%

4. I dont think its a good idea (i dont know why, i dont just like that idea). (2 votes [4.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.44%

5. I dont want it (i dont like hawken/i dont want special release) (1 votes [2.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 tektzby

tektzby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationFar far away

Posted October 16 2013 - 07:51 AM

I have this idea long time, maybe im gaming dinosaur, but i think it shoul be great (i like my boxes). What about make a limited edition release and sell it like AAA title_!

What do you think_!

#2 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted October 16 2013 - 07:53 AM

why not _ anyway the game is still on the beginning of the track, so the cool extras may come later (very later :P)

Posted Image

#3 ArccBR

ArccBR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationBrazil (-3 GMT)

Posted October 16 2013 - 10:11 AM

A Fred miniature would be cool.

Posted Image

Digital Revolution Clan Member [.:DRev:.]

Join the Revolution HERE!

#4 tektzby

tektzby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationFar far away

Posted October 16 2013 - 11:05 AM

How i can see someone think its not good idea, im just like :o

Edited by tektzby, October 16 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#5 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted October 17 2013 - 06:15 PM

View Posttektzby, on October 16 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

How i can see someone think its not good idea, im just like :o

Because it could be seen as yet another money grab by a F2P dev team/ publisher.  People could start screaming P2W.  Because people who paid a AAA price tag for a F2P game would actually have some expectations of having something COMPLETE upon purchase or of having the devs make good on their word on whatever is promised to come (within a given time frame, not a "when it's done" one).  You could actually run into people wanting something more than a cosmetic gimmic in-game, something that gives them an edge.

It could go over well, it could go over very badly, it that all depends on the devs and the expectations of the gamers forking over the $$$.

#6 ProphetZ

ProphetZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted October 17 2013 - 08:19 PM

I just want a hat with the Hawken logo.

And a keyfob.

And a lamp...

And this mech.

And that's all I need!

#7 ProphetZ

ProphetZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted October 17 2013 - 08:25 PM

Nobody mentioned including anything in the box that would in any way help you win.

He's just talking about a shiny box to collect, and some promotional stuff.  (A figurine and a hat would be awesome.)

No special in-game stuff was even mentioned.

I would like to see a special camo though, same as Alpha and Beta got.  That has no effect on the game.

Have they considered selling mech figurines customized to look like your preferred layout & camo, complete with your mech Name and specs_

#8 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted October 17 2013 - 08:30 PM

View PostProphetZ, on October 17 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

Nobody mentioned including anything in the box that would in any way help you win.

He's just talking about a shiny box to collect, and some promotional stuff.  (A figurine and a hat would be awesome.)

No special in-game stuff was even mentioned.

I would like to see a special camo though, same as Alpha and Beta got.  That has no effect on the game.

Have they considered selling mech figurines customized to look like your preferred layout & camo, complete with your mech Name and specs_

I'm talking about what people might expect, not what they'd get.

#9 tektzby

tektzby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationFar far away

Posted November 04 2013 - 03:35 AM

Nope P2W i talking just about some stuff, like ProphetZ told. How he told:"Just shiny box, maybe with some book or soundtrack or minature..", if there will be ingame..i dontknow..maybe some "coat of honour skin" at maximum, talking about P2W just because i have boxed version is little paranoic.

Only what i want in OP is shinie boxie, with some stuff inside with game thats whole story. I dont want special ingame weapons, items or internals, skinsrepair dronethrusters will be great but thats all.

Edited by tektzby, November 04 2013 - 03:35 AM.

#10 Protone

Protone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted February 05 2014 - 05:31 AM

Miniatures Mechs would be awesome.

#11 Audible_Silence

Audible_Silence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida, USA

Posted February 26 2014 - 01:41 PM

A code for the game, some camos, some credits, and a mech model... perfect. price is a factor tho...

The developers of Monday Night Combat sold models of their game characters/classes. I also believe that Valce sold models from Team Fortress 2.

Posted Image

#12 CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted March 08 2014 - 09:17 AM

$60 box for hawken

Should probably include some in game stuff, like 5 mechs (with weapons unlocked) and some starting MC to buy cosmetics with.

Should probably have something cool like a shirt or hat.

Maybe even a poster, keychain, concept art book, etc. (Hawken has some of the most bad ass concept art I have ever seen for a game)

A mech miniature, or two, would be awesome!!! (might drive the price up though!)

And ofc a Hawken sound track, first one needs to be made lol. I believe right now just one dev does all of the sound for the game as an extra part of his regular job at ADH.

I personally would never buy it unless it had something really worth buying it for. Since I already have all the mechs fully unlocked and upgraded....twice over.

For a new player who really wants to get into hawken, it would be a good starting point and on top of that he would get some cool mech swag and maybe some cool art.

Edited by CounterlogicMan, March 08 2014 - 09:18 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users