HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

C-class artillery mech_

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#101 RUIN3D

RUIN3D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationDevils Hole

Posted December 07 2013 - 12:16 AM

View Postropefish, on December 06 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

View PostRUIN3D, on December 06 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

How would you combat that type of mech_ It's a challenge to take out B-class snipers as an A-Class. A C-Class sniper would be next to immpossible, since all you would need to do is find a nice piece of cover and have one person watching your back. The Hawkins isn't long enough range for you_
its not a super tough mech as it seems, i intend to have it go very slow with low armor, also there is a C-class arty coming soon witch is what i intend this to be, so its less of a sniper and more of a cover fire mech

It may be slow stock, but after leveling up and getting some upgrade points, it would become quite ferocious, as most mechs do, but that type of mech presents a unique challenge. In my mind, it simply does not make sense to do. There are minimum speeds and armors each class abides by for the sake of gameplay. I don't know how far they can deviate. If you only have 800-some aromor, why not just play as the medium sniper and move faster_ There is no advantage. It would be a blight on the game. I play as a Reaper and when I see a Sharpshooter, all I do is find a way to gracefully exit the conflict because I know I'm outclassed armor-wise. I could never even engage one of these C-Class snipers at range "in my element". Press Q and exfil.

#102 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted December 07 2013 - 12:29 AM

View PostRUIN3D, on December 07 2013 - 12:16 AM, said:

View Postropefish, on December 06 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

View PostRUIN3D, on December 06 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

How would you combat that type of mech_ It's a challenge to take out B-class snipers as an A-Class. A C-Class sniper would be next to immpossible, since all you would need to do is find a nice piece of cover and have one person watching your back. The Hawkins isn't long enough range for you_
its not a super tough mech as it seems, i intend to have it go very slow with low armor, also there is a C-class arty coming soon witch is what i intend this to be, so its less of a sniper and more of a cover fire mech

It may be slow stock, but after leveling up and getting some upgrade points, it would become quite ferocious, as most mechs do, but that type of mech presents a unique challenge. In my mind, it simply does not make sense to do. There are minimum speeds and armors each class abides by for the sake of gameplay. I don't know how far they can deviate. If you only have 800-some aromor, why not just play as the medium sniper and move faster_ There is no advantage. It would be a blight on the game. I play as a Reaper and when I see a Sharpshooter, all I do is find a way to gracefully exit the conflict because I know I'm outclassed armor-wise. I could never even engage one of these C-Class snipers at range "in my element". Press Q and exfil.
its ment to lob large projectiles that have a lot of AoE but little DMG and would have the shoulder cannons as its ability and then some other suppression weapons, nothing to OP but it would be easy to kill, though it really depends on the player, and the mech rank i would have buffs to cannon range and reload times, also its a fair point about the med-sniper but you just dont have two very large cannons on your back with a SS :P
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#103 isaac_bear

isaac_bear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Locationhongkong

Posted December 07 2013 - 02:23 AM

View Postropefish, on December 05 2013 - 06:04 AM, said:

DO IT PLS!
here you go!what do you think_
link:https://community.pl...er-concept-art/
TO MY ART WORKS:http://nobody00000000.deviantart.com/                                                                                                                                                                                                               Posted Image~Isaac

#104 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted December 08 2013 - 11:36 AM

okay im trying to get the topic renamed, *crosses fingers*
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#105 ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationLynn Ma USA tuff place to live

Posted February 05 2014 - 01:12 AM

it should fire using old-school tanks style, angle and power lol simple large arc barrages that'd be great you'd have to fire that in a 3rd person view tho for it to be accurate which i dont know if devs would be willing to work out
Just your standard fantasy lover don't mind me, Cats > People, LOL@comics sig
http://twitch.tv/ArcanicFlame http://youtube.com/user/gamemaste288
http://Pwning.com <this site is awesome
Hawken Community Events

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users