HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HAWKEN: Invasion Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#41 Lucier

Lucier

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted October 28 2013 - 05:55 PM

View PostHartoled, on October 28 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

Speaking of which, more silly hold-to-charge weapons_  I played plenty of one-shot-kill games against live opponents and never needed a frickin' hold to charge.   Make them just charge on their own at a reduced rate of fire with a spinup time after a boost if that is what you are aiming at. These kinds of loopy decisions are adding up to a huge bank of reasons to not play Hawken.

Making the breacher charge automatically would be asinine. The charged shot clearly has a completely different function from the uncharged shot.

#42 GrumpyNZ

GrumpyNZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationLevin, New Zealand

Posted October 28 2013 - 05:59 PM

• All Turret Modes
    • Decreased Turn Rate by 20%.= even slower than before
  • Fortified Turret(Brawler)
    • Slightly restructured the way this ability works. Armor Regen is significantly less effective while taking damage. Once the Brawler has not taken damage for 2 seconds, the regen rate goes back to normal.
    • Increased armor per second rate from 18 to 20
    • Decreased armor per second rate while taking damage from 18 to 10
    • Rank 3 and 5 upgrades now give flat bonuses that apply both in and out of combat
  • Now the Brawler is even more Unpayable than it was before great will become the most un-used mech in my Garage when it has been my 2nd choice it will be my last now

Posted Image

Looking for an organised HAWKEN clan_ visit http://TAW.net

#43 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted October 28 2013 - 05:59 PM

• Name: T32-Bolt
      • Function: A versatile, quick-loading trinity shotgun. Hold down the fire button to charge.

• Name: EOC Repeater
      • Function: Chain fires explosive pucks that stick to surfaces. Hold down the fire button to charge
we all  now no ones going to not use that railgun :P
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#44 GrumpyNZ

GrumpyNZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationLevin, New Zealand

Posted October 28 2013 - 06:14 PM

ropefish, on October 28 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

• Name: T32-Bolt
      • Function: A versatile, quick-loading trinity shotgun. Hold down the fire button to charge.

• Name: EOC Repeater
      • Function: Chain fires explosive pucks that stick to surfaces. Hold down the fire button to charge
we all  now no ones going to not use that railgun :P

Railgun "whats" RAILGUN lolz muwahahahahaha....
Posted Image

Looking for an organised HAWKEN clan_ visit http://TAW.net

#45 tropt

tropt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Perth

Posted October 28 2013 - 06:20 PM

YAY !!
Super excited about the update. My beloved HEAT got some love and the EOC was hardly nerfed at all.
Radar fix has been a long time coming.  Shouldn't have had to wait all this time for that.

I'm hoping the 'SFX improvements' includes a volume reduction in the HEAT charging.

Thumbs up from this old cat.
Shooting myself, for damage perks

#46 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted October 28 2013 - 06:32 PM

Flak cannon is crazy OP right now on the Scout.  Why didn't you lower its firing rate, as is sorely needed_  I assume because you don't want to nerf it for the brawler_  Having those mechs share the flak cannon seems to have become an issue.

The turret mode changes are a concern for me.  It sounds like you'll be nerfing them right out of the meta again.  The turning rate decrease will likely kill the vanguard and healing turrets, since those mechs have to be able to turn quickly to keep on target and guard their flanks at close range.

Co-op looks fun, and I can see some extra effort was put into the effects. Snazzy.

The predator is looking great and I plan to unlock one ASAP.

The Bruiser and Infiltrator changes sound great!  The bruiser has always suffered from its ability being "too little, too late", while the infiltrator's stealth has always felt like a smaller part of the class than it should be.  They should have a lot more impact now.

Glad to see the portable scanner buffed, you guys really neutered the thing with Ascension.

Always great to hear about improved assets and optimizations.  I really hope we got some kind of distinct hull impact sounds this time.

#47 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted October 28 2013 - 06:32 PM

Okay, this just hit me.

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on October 28 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

The ability for parties to join on friends has been removed. This was a difficult decision for us, because we're very aware that this was crucial for our competitive clans and players to organize events. However, removing this feature was a necessary step for the game's continued improvement. Stay tuned for more information on this decision and the steps we're taking to support our competitive scene following this change.

Posted Image

Well there goes the Hawken Community Scrims and possibly the 3v3 Tourny.  Welp, it was fun while it lasted.

MAY PUGS RULE FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#48 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted October 28 2013 - 06:35 PM

View PostSilverfire, on October 28 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

Okay, this just hit me.

Posted Image

Well there goes the Hawken Community Scrims and possibly the 3v3 Tourny.  Welp, it was fun while it lasted.

Don't jump to conclusions. I think the second part of that bullet point will be bringing good things. Hopefully sooner than you think, too.

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#49 Culex

Culex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted October 28 2013 - 06:36 PM

Okay, this just hit me.

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on October 28 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

The ability for parties to join on friends has been removed. This was a difficult decision for us, because we're very aware that this was crucial for our competitive clans and players to organize events. However, removing this feature was a necessary step for the game's continued improvement. Stay tuned for more information on this decision and the steps we're taking to support our competitive scene following this change.

]

It's still possible meteor can give out private servers for the tourney. But we shall see.

I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future...

I consume time... And I will consume you!
Posted Image

#50 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted October 28 2013 - 06:37 PM

View PostSaturnine, on October 28 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

Okay, this just hit me.

Posted Image

Don't jump to conclusions. I think the second part of that bullet point will be bringing good things. Hopefully sooner than you think, too.

I just can't imagine a system that could work this out...unless. WAIT. WAIT.

PARTY SERVER BROWSER AND DEDICATED SERVERS_!_!_!____!_!_!

All of a sudden I'm more optimistic. Carry on. :D

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#51 ragnak

ragnak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted October 28 2013 - 06:38 PM

Its honestly hard to keep positive about hawken. Its not that i think this patch is bad but its a disappointment:

New mech:

Its almost like you wanted to put everything that i hate about hawken in one mech. I will ignore the fact that it looks op as hell because i didnt play it yet but: perm invisibility, really guys _ Its almost like developers never learns, show me a game where people enjoyed perm invisiblity and it wasnt totally toxic to the game, good luck.

Most people are constantly whining about burst weapon being a lot better than sustain weapons and what you do _ Makes new mech thats burst oriented.

Also as if 5,5 sec EMP wasnt enough ( and why this wasnt nerfed exactly _ ) you add 5 sec flash bang, fantastic really, because i totally love to lose vision.

Wallhack isnt too shabby either.

Weapons:

I generally agree with the changes but:

Why wasnt flak nerfed _ i just dont understand.
Eoc nerfs wasnt even close to enough, i really start to think that the only thing that balance team use is eoc inf =/ (which also wasnt nerfed, why do you keep it the best mech in the game _ ).

Items:

emp is still too strong and whoever desinged new holograms need to rethink what he is doing to this game (because going against army of holos is super fun).

Internals:

Good job at butchering air compressor, i already consider it a waste of internal slots for every mech that isnt zerker and rocketeer but with those changeds i wont ever use it again.

Why wasnt the last butchered internals changed/buffed _ I understand that balancing takes time but first you dont give a fuzzy bunny about people opinions in HAB and then you butcher the internals that people told you already that will be a problem and leave it there to rot now, totally professional.

Abilities:

All Turret Modes
Decreased Turn Rate by 20%.

What the hell, the only C mech that i even consider worth using is vanguard and you nerf the turn rate without any buffs to anything else _ I understand the logic but thats not how you rebalance things.

Also splendid job at making brawler even worse, do we even play the same game _ I consider brawler to be the worst mech in this game, BY FAR and you nerf it because level 5 pilots couldnt deal with it _ Do i think that brawler ability is badly designed _ Yes, but what you just did to him is just silly.

Why didnt you buff reaper ability _ There is little reason to use it really, especially when you compare it to things like raider ability.

Balance wise there will be almost no change after this patch (MAYBE tech will be less mandatory now, MAYBE) and it will still be full of eoc infs, flak scouts and raiders that are pretty much better than anything else. Aside from raiders (which became op after ascension) you knew about this problems for months already, why is it so hard for you to balance it properly _ It doesnt take a genius to nerf rate of fire for flak so it purpose doesnt change but it wont outdps sustain weapons anymore, and it also doesnt take a genius to see that raiders ability is to strong and that you are pretty doomed the moment he used it, and even when he die after killing you he will respawn with his ability ready to use, why did you made abilities/items go out of cooldown after dieing is beyond me (you probably think it helps the team that is getting stomped gets back to the fight easier but i assure you that it doesnt help, at all).

You either start to listen to your playerbase or you hire someone who doesnt take months to "fix" some glaring balance issues, and i will even ignore the "minor" ones (which can actually takes some time to fix, not like eoc or flak nerfs =/).

Edited by ragnak, October 28 2013 - 06:42 PM.

#52 BlackCephie

BlackCephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationWashington D.C.

Posted October 28 2013 - 06:57 PM

So much crying. My god. Lets be real, it would be kind of silly if the Pred DIDN"T have the EOC. Its designed to be an AMBUSH vehicle. Im actually more concerned about the single shot mine aspect of the new secondary NOT being conducive enough to the ambush goal, UNLESS you can rapidly launch them with consecutive mouse clicks, a la am-sar. I dont see people standing there waiting for you to drop all your mines in order to get more than 65 damage in a sneak attack.

Also, the burst nature of the Predator is not a problem. So tired of people whining on this front. There are several non-burst oriented option to go with, and frankly burst isn't NEARLY as bad as it used to be.

Also, there is still more work to be done, we all know this. People are complaining as if every change in this patch is written in stone and can never be adjusted. Chill the eff out and lets see how it goes, my god.
Posted Image

#53 Aims

Aims

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted October 28 2013 - 07:06 PM

Nerf to Air Compressor, which actually increased gameplay complexity in a good way (one of the only internals that does) while every man and his dog sits on a MKIII repair orb with an advanced repair kit inside a shield.

Sigh.

Excited for the Predator and interested in Infil's "new" ability though. Don't know how useful it will be though considering the main reason to use the camo is to remain off-radar whilst boosting and this completely contradicts that.

#54 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted October 28 2013 - 07:09 PM

Oh, of course the predator gets two EOCs, because whoever designed this mech is crazy. I like it.

Overall, this patch sounds like a huge improvement! The main thing that sounds bad to me is the turret mode nerfs.

Does the Brawler, which is already arguably the worst mech in the game, really need two nerfs to its special ability_ Meanwhile, the rest of the C-Class, which is still struggling to keep up with the other weight classes, get a turret mode nerf as well.

So now, I am assuming what will happen to anyone who uses turret mode will be this: They transform, get flanked, and die instantly. Unless they back themselves up against a wall, which is not a very good idea anyway. And it does not help that the EOC will still always gets the rear damage bonus. I wonder if the Predator EOC will do that too_
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#55 anti_citizen

anti_citizen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted October 28 2013 - 07:15 PM

They didn't fix all the things that "need" balancing, but this is still an amazing patch!

I can't wait for the coop mode - looks like an incredible amount of effort went into that. The new cosmetics look great.

The new mech looks great. The ability looks like a lot of fun but I doubt it'll be "op." Turns off the instant you get hit, and gives you no huge advantage in a 1v1 fight. And it's worse than the infiltrator's camo as far as escaping goes.

#56 Komodo_Saurian

Komodo_Saurian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted October 28 2013 - 07:19 PM

View PostBlackCephie, on October 28 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

Lets be real, it would be kind of silly if the Pred DIDN"T have the EOC. Its designed to be an AMBUSH vehicle. Im actually more concerned about the single shot mine aspect of the new secondary NOT being conducive enough to the ambush goal, UNLESS you can rapidly launch them with consecutive mouse clicks, a la am-sar. I dont see people standing there waiting for you to drop all your mines in order to get more than 65 damage in a sneak attack.
You just put all your mines behind a corner and wait.

It's like a demoman from TF2, one gun fires explosives that you can blow up on demand, the other one fires timed explosives that blow up on contact or after a couple seconds.

Seriously, all we need now is Hats. We already have the Medic (Tech), the Heavy (Brawler), the Demoman (Vince/Grenadier), the Sniper (SS), the Scout (as himself), Spy (Infil) and Soldier (Assault/Fred). We are only missing Pyro and Engi.

Edited by Komodo_Saurian, October 28 2013 - 07:23 PM.

Someone important said:

Ego stroking quote.
- Distracting banner.
- Obligatory PC spec boasting, 'cause I'm rich.
- Shameless self-promotion links.
- Sneak a peak into every second stream voiceover ever.

#57 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted October 28 2013 - 07:20 PM

EOC mine damage decrease is excellent

Heat cannot splash radius increase is ick

Tech heal beam changes yay

Air compressor...  They had a chance to make combat more interesting by adding this to the game. It was somewhat acceptable in that it used such low fuel, but there were still far better internal options to be used. They should have reduced internal item slots cost on it rather than furthering the demise of interesting combat. Back to being a bunch of ground hugging sloths we go...

#58 Zdragow

Zdragow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDrowning in energy drinks

Posted October 28 2013 - 07:44 PM

Hmm, I'm interested to see how my Bruiser will play with this change. I think I'll like it.

Also, yay for failsafe buffs. This really makes "explosive" mechs much better to play with.

Now all we need is a nanite-pellet shooting repair tool for the Tech, and we'll be on the right path.

#59 Azrael39

Azrael39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted October 28 2013 - 07:57 PM

Great patch notes Devs.  I'm really impressed at how you are making an effort to communicate more and more with us players.  And how you are giving us hard data on the numbers of your game.  Thank you, thank you, thank you for listening to us as we relentlessly asked for this for the entire year.
Sharpshooter lvl 25, Berserker lvl 25, Scout lvl 25, Bruiser lvl 25, CRT lvl 25, Brawler lvl 25, Infiltrator lvl 25, Reaper lvl 25, Rocketeer lvl 25, Raider lvl 25, Technician lvl 25, Grenadier lvl 25, Assault lvl 25

Good luck and have fun see you on the Battlefields!

#60 Wasabi_Wei

Wasabi_Wei

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationMadison, Wisconsin, USA, Earth

Posted October 28 2013 - 08:00 PM

This right here:
  • Air Compressor
    • Increased fuel cost of Air Dodge from 6 liters to 10 liters.
Yes!

And let's hear it for Heat Infiltrator!
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world. - Grateful Dead lyric, but really true.

Just Saying: "If an officer of the law expects to be treated as such, then they had better act as one and uphold our laws and Rights in the pursuit of Justice."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users