HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Accused of hacking : Video [Not a callout]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
144 replies to this topic

#1 Newbo

Newbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted November 16 2013 - 02:06 PM

The following video was posted by a user telling me that I hack.

Here is my explanation:

[0:00 to 0:37] - A player can see your health in this game. If I have full health and you only have ~20, I can use thrusters to come and say peek-a-boo. Basics of kill to win games.

[0:48 to 1:04] - Don't even know why'd you put this segment in. Well you died.

[1:09 to 1:20] - Still don't understand why'd you put this segment of video in. Simply watching my back and going away from the war zone to re-unite with the other team players.

[1:21 to 1:32] - Am I hacking only because you happen to come to me to get destroyed_ Check your strategy, you get damage, you want to fall back, you try that but guess who is at your flank_. Well you die again.

[1.38 to 1:52] - Clearly, to a newbie this would seem as I am cheating. Well, lets step back, selective ability to understand maps and where enemies come from takes time and plus this snippet of video doesn't show what and where I have been damaging the mech. Post the full video of that part and you'll see that I am simply just following the damaged mech going back to his buddy at higher elevation. Guess what, he died later.

[1:55 to 2:17] - Don't know what this is for, but again, thanks for being my meal. Charging at me at ~30 health when the area behind you was a safer location, don't know if I should judge your selective ability to know the environment around you or not. Yeah I'll judge, dumb move. You died. [Period]

[2:20 to 2:31] - Again, don't understand why'd you put that segment there. Did I kill that mech later_ Please review and tell, __________________ (leaving it blank to write if he died or not)

[2:32 to 2:40] - Am I missing a point here_ Are you recording me or recording me hitting you from the back_ Seems to me you are just trying to capture all those moments where you got "Destroyed by Newbo". Wills serve ye as good memories. You keep it. Ohh, you died. :D

[2:43 to 2:58] - Again, doesn't show how I damaged him before the video started and only shows how I chase him to be hiding behind a building. Not so conclusive. Post a full video and you'll see me chasing him across the field before he activates his clocking ability. Chasing and finding such mecs taking shelter behind buildings and obstacles is part of smart gaming, not cheating. He died.

[3:00 to 3:30] - Who's mech are you recording_ Is it yours_ That snap to target at 3:04 is quite the twitch. Still don't see a point where you are just recoding your death when you are getting attached from 2 direction. These directions are (your 12'O clock and your 4), don't see the point. You deserved that death.

[3:32 to 3:40] - What is that_ 8 seconds to show how a mech died_ Again, post a longer video to see intro, body, conlusion kinda details please.

[3:42 to 4:19] - Good fight, see if you play smart and estimate pre-positions, you play better. Now that you know the selective ability to estimate a player's position, you just need to get on the accuracy of using manual weapons now. Automated just does the work for you, doesnt it_

[4:20 to 4:39] - And your point here is that I killed you with a help of another mech in close combat_ Remind me if I am missing something.

[4:40 to 4: 51] -  Read what I wrote in [4:20 to 4:39] comment again.

[4:55 to 5:10] - Don't see the point here aswell. If I put it in simple words, it is called watching my back when I know that I am getting attacked in 3 different directions. Beauty isnt it_

[5:11 to 5:20] - Read what I wrote in [4:20 to 4:39] comment again. + Nemesis: Newbo. Yeah you died alot.

[5:25 to end] - You were happy that I got killed weren't you_ Well if I were to show just that part to other newbs out there, they would immmediately connect your pre-firing to hacking. Ehh, not gonna drop that low.

Let me see, what you come up with to further prove my skillset towards hacking. I enjoy this.

Edited by Newbo, November 16 2013 - 02:07 PM.

#2 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 16 2013 - 02:12 PM

Post a video of yourself playing. Unedited.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#3 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 16 2013 - 02:16 PM

Also, this is totally a callout thread. Just saying it isn't doesn't make it true.

That youtube account clearly belongs to Umbre. Which also makes you look foolish for calling her a noob.

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#4 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted November 16 2013 - 02:17 PM

yea im 50/50 till you post vid of your playing
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#5 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted November 16 2013 - 02:19 PM

yuo also started two topics on the matter, so im 40/60 now
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "

#6 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

View Postropefish, on November 16 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

yea im 50/50 till you post vid of your playing
Actually, he owes us 3 videos.

Newbo said:

For those who spend time recording and reporting, post them up! I will post 3 more to prove you wrong.
https://community.pl...bo/#entry386657

AJK is right

#7 palad1ne

palad1ne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Locationuninstalled

That's why this game must be chained to steam account. I sure he would not come here and risk his account with lame excuses.

Whatever. I trust the opinion of umbre more. The video is obvious.

#8 Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted November 16 2013 - 02:21 PM

2:49-2:59 was the encounter during which myself, OmniStone, hestoned, and Leonhardt all said "obvious hacker".

Regardless of whether you chased that Predator behind the building, Newbo, you knew precisely where it was hiding.  You pre-fired a flak shot into the building before your line-of-sight had revealed the Predator.  You then proceeded to trace not only the target, but the exact same spot on the target throughout its movements.

*Edit*
And to save us some time, please don't bother with the personal attacks.  We four do not "need to get skills," or anything of the sort.  Fairly certain the Hawken community will vouch for our abilities.

*Edit 2*
Nept called it.

*Edit 3*
Also this: http://www.ilikechea...rs/142397-Newbo
(Circumstantial)

*Edit 4*
LIKECOMMENTSUBSCRIBE

Edited by Nept, November 16 2013 - 05:02 PM.

https://robertsspace...orgs/OMNISCIENT

Complaining about Hawken's population_  Read this: https://community.pl...en/#entry524454

Posted Image   

#9 Newbo

Newbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted November 16 2013 - 02:21 PM

I don't care whose you tube video it is. If you tube allowed anonymous submission of videos, I would put it here, but that is not a case.
This thread is meant for those authorities who don't get to see a response from accused.

If you find a thread that says "Improve the game by doing this", essentially it is a callout to programmers.
If you find my thread listing my explainations, it just becomes a call out_ Lets not have double standards. It is a thread in my own defence. And not violating any rules.

#10 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted November 16 2013 - 02:22 PM

*takes umbres side*

#11 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 16 2013 - 02:23 PM

View PostNewbo, on November 16 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

I don't care whose you tube video it is. If you tube allowed anonymous submission of videos, I would put it here, but that is not a case.
This thread is meant for those authorities who don't get to see a response from accused.

If you find a thread that says "Improve the game by doing this", essentially it is a callout to programmers.
If you find my thread listing my explainations, it just becomes a call out_ Lets not have double standards. It is a thread in my own defence. And not violating any rules.
Uh huh.
You keep telling yourself that.

I'm sure everybody is buying your paper-thin justifications.

EDIT:
Also, post an unedited video of yourself.

Edited by AsianJoyKiller, November 16 2013 - 02:24 PM.

AJK is right

#12 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted November 16 2013 - 02:24 PM

so when will a dev come here_

Edited by ropefish, November 16 2013 - 02:24 PM.

#13 Fantus_Longhorn

Fantus_Longhorn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, UK

I love RocketJump :D

And, yeah, the video you posted speaks for itself...

Posted Image

Hawken EMP Youtube Channel ~ Watch Previous Episodes Here

And unto us a clan is born...

"May all our assists be critical and all our kills be stolen. Amen"

#14 Newbo

Newbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

View PostNept, on November 16 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

2:49-2:59 was the encounter during which myself, OmniStone, hestoned, and Leonhardt all said "obvious hacker".

Regardless of whether you chased that Predator behind the building, Newbo, you knew precisely where it was hiding.  You pre-fired a flak shot into the building before your line-of-sight had revealed the Predator.  You then proceeded to trace not only the target, but the exact same spot on the target throughout its movements.

Play that game on ultra high resolution and you will be able to spot blurred dots for those mechs who have clocking ability. Also, you may want to view the video again, I don't think that the target dot is on the exact same spot.

#15 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 16 2013 - 02:25 PM

View Postropefish, on November 16 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

so when will a dev come here_
If Newbo has been reported throught the proper channels, which is something Umbre would do, then I'd bet they are already aware of it. This is, in the end, a matter for them to handle, and we're not really privy to the going-ons.

AJK is right

#16 Newbo

Newbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted November 16 2013 - 02:27 PM

P.S Lets have the game come up with embedded video recording software that doesn't dilute gaming experience or drop FPS when game is running. I shall do a full video. If someone allows live-streaming on twitch, I can do that too.

#17 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted November 16 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostNewbo, on November 16 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

Play that game on ultra high resolution and you will be able to spot blurred dots for those mechs who have clocking ability. Also, you may want to view the video again, I don't think that the target dot is on the exact same spot.
in any visual setting in-game, there is no blurred dots on invisable mechs >_>

#18 Newbo

Newbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted November 16 2013 - 02:29 PM

View Postropefish, on November 16 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

So you are telling me that a clocked mech would pass by you and you wouldn't notice_ Might want to check your facts there.

#19 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 16 2013 - 02:30 PM

Idk, I've played with you a few times and you do maintain an unusual level of consistency with your shots, maybe you hax maybe not. They arent technically impossible to make if but the matches I've seen you in are.. questionable to say the least.
Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

#20 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted November 16 2013 - 02:30 PM

View PostNewbo, on November 16 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

View Postropefish, on November 16 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

So you are telling me that a clocked mech would pass by you and you wouldn't notice_ Might want to check your facts there.
i didnt say that, i said "in any visual setting in-game, there is no blurred dots on invisible mechs"
is in that sentence "invisible mechs are completely invisible and cant be seen at all" no there isnt

Edited by ropefish, November 16 2013 - 02:32 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users