HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Logging in twice, "failed" sync, no servers available

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationI dunno!

Posted November 20 2013 - 08:23 AM

After logging in to hawken, after syncing stats, an error message comes up that says that the meteor servers are unavailable and that my sync failed.  Hawken seems to load up as normal behind the error; it connects me to chat and loads my mech in the background behind the error overlay.  If I hit accept, the error goes away and the sign-in prompt comes up again on top of my fully loaded garage/friends lists, etc.  Once I sign in again, I can navigate the garage as normal and view my pilot stats, but the server list is completely empty.

The bug seems to happen every time I log into hawken since I started trying around 11 am EST today.  I had no problems playing at 7am.

Severity:  Can't play!  Pretty bad, but the fix is probably simple.

Playin on windows 7, 64 bit, behind a verizon standard router.

The screenshot button didn't seem to work during the error messages, and a pic of just no servers loaded doesn't seem helpful, so I apologize for the lack of pics.

Edited by comic_sans, November 20 2013 - 08:25 AM.

#2 Requiem132

Requiem132

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted November 20 2013 - 08:35 AM

Ur not the only one im just stuck in a server lol

Posted Image

[font=comic sans ms', ', cursive]Violent Resolution | -vR. [/font]

[font=comic sans ms', cursive]"When Diplomacy Fails"[/font]
http://vr-gaming.org[font=comic sans ms', cursive] | Multi-Gaming Clan[/font]
[font=comic sans ms', cursive]Looking for Gamers 18+[/font]

#3 reyelessar023

reyelessar023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted November 20 2013 - 08:37 AM

You are (not) alone

"Curar algunas veces, aliviar a menudo, acompañar siempre"

Posted Image

#4 Eyes_Only

Eyes_Only

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted November 20 2013 - 08:40 AM

Confirmed. Loggin in initially throws a "Meteor servers are unreachable" error, logging in a second time immediately logs in without the characteristic "freeze" that happens when the game is doing something with networking in the background but the master server seems to be down and as such we are unable to connect to games through the matchmaking system or the server browser (as there are none in the list). Also logging into the main site displays my HC and MC at 0.

Mayhaps the database server is angry.

Edit: You can (not) advance

Edited by Eyes_Only, November 20 2013 - 08:42 AM.

#5 PutteMECH

PutteMECH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted November 20 2013 - 08:45 AM

I got this problem too, and I can't seem to find any game servers either...

#6 MoebiusPi

MoebiusPi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 20 2013 - 09:07 AM

Exact same problem cropped up this morning after a couple of matches that worked. Left a match prematurely, wham, that was that. I can only assume it's eating away at the time from HC and XP boosts to boot (double punt between the legs). Oddball given it says the servers are up and functioning Meteor wise, I'd imagine if it was due to content roll-out we'd at least have some fair warning they were down for this_

#7 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted November 20 2013 - 09:15 AM

Same here. Time to scare some bots with Pred traps :D

#8 Gracious_Airhead

Gracious_Airhead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 20 2013 - 09:15 AM

same here

#9 SWINE

SWINE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted November 20 2013 - 09:20 AM

SAME HERE

#10 CookieTheory

CookieTheory

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted November 20 2013 - 09:26 AM

I'm pretty sure they'd warn us if there was a hotfix planned for today or they were deploying the winter event. The servers probably went down again while investigating the known issues.

#11 pcknights

pcknights

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 20 2013 - 09:43 AM

same here

#12 Ansky

Ansky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 20 2013 - 09:53 AM

Same thing is happening to me.

#13 NitroLauncher717

NitroLauncher717

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNebraska - A rather boring place

Posted November 20 2013 - 10:17 AM

It's interesting so many of us are having the same problem of being unable to play altogether. Ran the installer last night and got up this morning anticipating my first match in a game I've been waiting for a LONG time (seriously the original video went up on YouTube HOW long ago_) 2 months in and people are having problems even playing, and have probably frustrated many a potential paying customer away. Please, don't be like WG and frustrate us all with constant problems, assuming we'll stay....
Posted Image

#14 hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • LocationShow Me State

Posted November 20 2013 - 10:23 AM

You aint  lying there you corn chucker, but Your deer are about the size of cows! My god there huge! :) [ ie. Nebraska]

Edited by hoghead, November 20 2013 - 10:24 AM.

#15 Eyes_Only

Eyes_Only

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted November 20 2013 - 12:01 PM

View PostNitroLauncher717, on November 20 2013 - 10:17 AM, said:

It's interesting so many of us are having the same problem of being unable to play altogether. Ran the installer last night and got up this morning anticipating my first match in a game I've been waiting for a LONG time (seriously the original video went up on YouTube HOW long ago_) 2 months in and people are having problems even playing, and have probably frustrated many a potential paying customer away. Please, don't be like WG and frustrate us all with constant problems, assuming we'll stay....

The game isn't finished and is still in a state of instability, expect things to break sometimes. It's also free to play and not play to win. You are new so you missed open beta launch day. Almost nobody could play for days due to the overwhelming pressure on the servers. The devs need support from the community (ie, us) when we have occasional game-breaking issues. Please keep this in mind when something inevitably catches fire in the future.

Also, the issue seems to have been fixed at least on my end, thanks again Charlie!

#16 SirMole

SirMole

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 20 2013 - 01:31 PM

I solved the problem through a support ticket! :D

#17 East

East

Self-Motivator

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 135 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted November 21 2013 - 12:25 PM

View PostNitroLauncher717, on November 20 2013 - 10:17 AM, said:

Players who are unable to connect are encouraged to contact Support.  Connectivity issues can be complex and there is a lot going on between the source (player machine) and destination (our servers).  It's best to get help with the issue to see what might be going on.  We have personally seen issues ranging from server problems to ISPs blocking outbound ports and even problems with downstream ISPs.

If you know of a player who is having issues connecting, encourage them to submit a ticket, if they haven't all ready.

#18 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted November 21 2013 - 09:09 PM

oh yea.   i'm also havnig this problem. that's why i didn't play today.
    --[font=arial, sans-serif](◕_◕)    [/font]
Posted Image

#19 NitroLauncher717

NitroLauncher717

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNebraska - A rather boring place

Posted November 21 2013 - 09:59 PM

View Post[HWK]East, on November 21 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

Players who are unable to connect are encouraged to contact Support.  Connectivity issues can be complex and there is a lot going on between the source (player machine) and destination (our servers).  It's best to get help with the issue to see what might be going on.  We have personally seen issues ranging from server problems to ISPs blocking outbound ports and even problems with downstream ISPs.

If you know of a player who is having issues connecting, encourage them to submit a ticket, if they haven't all ready.
I came back a few hours later and it worked just fine, haven't had a single problem since. I would really like this game to replace Tanks, WG hasn't been kind to my wallet and I need a new outlet to spend it on.

View PostEyes_Only, on November 20 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

The game isn't finished and is still in a state of instability, expect things to break sometimes. It's also free to play and not play to win. You are new so you missed open beta launch day. Almost nobody could play for days due to the overwhelming pressure on the servers. The devs need support from the community (ie, us) when we have occasional game-breaking issues. Please keep this in mind when something inevitably catches fire in the future.
Also, the issue seems to have been fixed at least on my end, thanks again Charlie!

The issue is that after so many companies have dropped the ball on Launches (SimCity, Early PS4s, just to name a few), I was hoping we'd have learned about Server Stress and many other issues arising from this.

It's not that I'm mad at them,everyone slips up now and again. Once in, the game handled well and was quite fun. The "Report Bug" button has gone untouched for now, most issues were resolved on my end from the computer. I think the most frustrating part of it was sitting for an hour pouring over the Forums and looking though various books on what was wrong, only to come back 4 hours later and attempt to standard log-in and have it succeed out of nowhere. I posted more out of frustration than trying to make a constructive post, and I appologize.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users