HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Explore Google Street View in a cockpit

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted December 22 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostTkeleth, on December 22 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

my GAWD that HUD looks sexy... but from the comments it appears that it is the old version_

The keyword of your post is that it looks good - it didn't play or read well in-game. Also,

View PostAkrium, on December 05 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

I am still not sure how anyone actually fits into the scout mech.. I mean really.. look at it!

According to concept art, like this:
Posted Image
(just forget for a second that the garage-screen guys are around 8 feet tall according to measurements)

Edited by Beefsweat, December 22 2013 - 03:23 PM.

Posted Image

#22 wingding

wingding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted January 01 2014 - 12:32 PM

View PostAkrium, on December 03 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

I'm not even sure WHY we have a hud that shows windows... it's not like our mechs have windows. In all reality they are probably using just monitors inside.. and why would you use that and then also block your view w/ silly graphical things such as places for glass to attach to your mech.

To this day, this bugs me from a realism aspect. No hud yet has made any sense.

this is a joke, right_ or are you actually serious_

you're complaining about realism in a game where large metallic machines standing on chicken legs zoom around the battlefield and strafe with rockets from side to side without ever toppling over. oh and taunt holograms and animations. any sense of plausibility and atmosphere went out the window long ago. just what happens when the market is filled with teens and pre-teens with access to their parents credit cards. their tastes must be accomodated for.

in any case, i agree. there shouldn't be windows, there should be periscopes and monitors like how it is in tanks. having actual windows is like painting a huge shoot me target. one large calibre slug would go right through. also, the mechs clearly don't show windows anywhere

View PostSeija, on December 15 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

I'm not even sure WHY we have a hud that shows windows... it's not like our mechs have windows. In all reality they are probably using just monitors inside.. and why would you use that and then also block your view w/ silly graphical things such as places for glass to attach to your mech.

Sir ever thought that maybe those get this.... Are the Borders of the monitors_

translation of above post: "i don't know the visual difference between a monitor border and a cockpit canopy"

Edited by wingding, January 01 2014 - 12:36 PM.

#23 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted January 01 2014 - 12:51 PM

View Postwingding, on January 01 2014 - 12:32 PM, said:

this is a joke, right_ or are you actually serious_

you're complaining about realism in a game where large metallic machines standing on chicken legs zoom around the battlefield and strafe with rockets from side to side without ever toppling over. oh and taunt holograms and animations. any sense of plausibility and atmosphere went out the window long ago. just what happens when the market is filled with teens and pre-teens with access to their parents credit cards. their tastes must be accomodated for.

in any case, i agree. there shouldn't be windows, there should be periscopes and monitors like how it is in tanks. having actual windows is like painting a huge shoot me target. one large calibre slug would go right through. also, the mechs clearly don't show windows anywhere

View PostSeija, on December 15 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

Sir ever thought that maybe those get this.... Are the Borders of the monitors_

translation of above post: "i don't know the visual difference between a monitor border and a cockpit canopy"

To digress a bit here... I understand this is an arcade mech game. Realism isn't something I am too concerned about with in the game. I just stated that from that viewpoint, it bugs me a bit. It doesn't deter me from playing the game over something so silly. Nor am I even sure having it more realistic would make the game "feel" better.

I just find it kinda funny. Like when you listen to a song and lyrically it makes a dumb/ignorant comment, but the song is still catchy. Just makes you stop a second and laugh as you still enjoy it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users