HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Prebirth: The Eternal War - movie

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted December 10 2013 - 08:27 PM

EDIT 2:

We're finally done! Give it a watch, subscribe, and share it with your friends and family, all 20ish minutes of it.  Two film festival nominations and finally, our original score and full online release! (Watch it in HD)

And if you're interested, check out our behind the scenes montage!

EDIT:
We are fast approaching our online release date! We've acquired a brand new OST from our commissioned composer, Mark Royce.  You can check out our OST here: http://musitecture.com/audio/

And await our online release within the next few months! We've also worked on another short film named Claire, and you can check it out here: https://www.facebook.com/ClaireMovie We're going to hit Youtube instead of film festivals this time, so again, await the online release of our latest works very soon!

Hey Hawken community! Over the past year or so, I've been working on a new short film with my film group, titled Prebirth: The Eternal War. We're nearing the end of our post-production period and getting closer to release, so now is the time to spread the word!

The synopsis goes as follows:"Before Jaclyn (Karissa Ong) was born, the Devil sent an army of demons led by Saihttam (Alex Mendelson) to take her life. Now her guardian angel, Matthias (Matthew Przywara) must guide her to a portal that will bring her soul to Earth.  Witness their epic spiritual battle in Prebirth: The Eternal War, a new short film by Josh Jackson and Brian Tang."

As I mentioned before, it's been almost a (now two) year since my film group began work on it, and we've battled hot weather (110+ degrees Fahrenheit) to torrential rain to broken props and missing production crew, and yet, we've persevered through the difficulties we've encountered.  If you're tired of this wall of text, let me entertain you with a short trailer.

Visit our official website at  to view some of the pictures from our production sets and read about the cast and crew (myself included) that have labored over this project of ours.  You can also drop us a like at our official Facebook page, or if you like, follow our Twitter page.  Every like we get just spreads the word around even more than we've done so far, so it would be great if you could like our page (if you own a Facebook account, of course!). It would also be great if you subscribed to us on Youtube and view (and like) our other works! (http://www.youtube.c.../StopMotionClub)Again, thanks for reading through this and I hope you support us (by liking and following us at Facebook and Twitter, respectively, visiting our website, and sharing it with all of your friends!). We'll be updating our website periodically with new media content, like more behind the scenes photos and maybe even some more teaser videos_ :)

And the final word...some eye candy for you all!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
And my personal favorite, our official movie poster. :)
Spoiler

I'll be releasing more media content to you all when my director permits! Thanks! :D
If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

EDIT: We've released more content!

Spoiler
Spoiler

EDIT 2: We've updated for another few screenshots! On a sidenote, our local premiere is actually this coming Saturday!
:)

EDIT 3: Our local premiere was a huge success, with several hundred people showing up! Our future plans are to enter our full length film into film festivals and hope to win big. To start out, we've been selected for the Garden State Film Festival 2014 so far.

EDIT 4: Operation Garden State Film Festival was a success (kinda)! I anxiously await replies from the other festivals we've submitted to. If you're interested, check out this podcast that my co-directors were featured on, it gives some insight into our production and post-production work!

Edited by Silverfire, October 20 2014 - 12:36 PM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#2 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted December 11 2013 - 06:29 AM

OMG YES YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS
TY FOR MAKING THIS YES!
(btw i have a thing for movies like this :P)

Edited by ropefish, December 11 2013 - 06:30 AM.

"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#3 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted December 11 2013 - 01:55 PM

Looks like something Freddie Wong would make, nice.
I`ll fix it later.

#4 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted December 12 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostAregon, on December 11 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

Looks like something Freddie Wong would make, nice.

Don't know if that's a compliment or something else, but thanks!

Bump, please view it and like it, subscribe if you like, visit our website and await future content! As always, I'd be happy to answer questions about the film or filming process.

Posted Image

Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#5 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted December 15 2013 - 02:00 PM

Blump.

If you haven't watched the trailer yet or visited the various links I posted in the OP, I encourage you all to do so. If you have any questions about the film making process or the film itself, feel free to ask! :)

Posted Image

#6 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted December 15 2013 - 02:03 PM

C'mon guys, grow some balls and give these guys your support!
I`ll fix it later.

#7 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted December 15 2013 - 09:14 PM

We've released a few more screen shots! I've added them to the bottom of the OP. Again, visit our website, drop us a like at our Facebook page, watch the trailer, subscribe to our Youtube channel!

Posted Image

#8 Magnolia1038

Magnolia1038

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationThe Pen Is Mightier Than The Axe

Posted December 15 2013 - 09:28 PM

Love the editing and the text effects!

#9 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted December 18 2013 - 09:46 PM

BUMP! Because my OP has reached the picture cap, the new picture releases are going here on this post! :)

We've released some more screenshots, and on a side note, our local premiere is this Saturday! Don't forget to visit our website, watch the trailer, subscribe, and like us on Facebook!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Edited by Silverfire, December 18 2013 - 09:47 PM.

Posted Image

#10 Seron16

Seron16

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationGallifrey

Posted December 30 2013 - 09:59 AM

Just saw thread now, looks very cool mate! :)

20 likes for the thread OP psot, come on guys! :D

Edited by Seron16, December 30 2013 - 09:59 AM.

Posted Image
Spoiler

#11 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted January 12 2014 - 03:02 PM

Just as an update to whatever's going on with our film, our local premiere was a success! We had several hundred people show up, and in general, everything went very smoothly and it was very well received. As for future plans for our film...

We first plan to submit our film to several film festivals and hope to win in any category at these festivals, after which we will release the full length film on Youtube.  We are also awaiting our professional music score by Vincent Lee.  I don't know if any of you out there know who he is, but he makes some awesome music! I'll link you all his website and his Youtube so you all can get a taste of the some of the types of music that may grace our film!

http://www.vincentleemusic.com/
http://www.youtube.c...vincentleemusic

Don't worry Hawken community, I'll keep you posted! Thanks for checking us out!

Edited by Silverfire, January 12 2014 - 05:28 PM.

Posted Image

#12 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted January 13 2014 - 06:59 AM

e.e
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#13 Seron16

Seron16

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationGallifrey

Posted January 13 2014 - 03:23 PM

Awesome to hear mate!
Posted Image
Spoiler

#14 lazy_kittens

lazy_kittens

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationSOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW AND INSIDE FRANK'S BUTT

Posted January 19 2014 - 06:40 PM

Wow, this looks pretty rad! I have no idea what to say, but in total honesty, I would love to watch it! Good luck with future projects (although I don't think you'll need it XD).
Du LAhYzzE_keetOHnz

#15 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 12:55 PM

Just as an update to our film...

We're officially film festival-bound! We were accepted into the Garden State Film Festival over the weekend, and the whole cast and crew is psyched for the festival (and hopefully more to come)! With the GSFF not until beginning of April, I doubt I'd be able to secure an online Youtube release until at least the beginning of May-June. As soon as I can get an online release, I'll be the first to let the Hawken community know. Thanks!

Posted Image

#16 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted February 03 2014 - 02:10 PM

Dude, this looks pretty cool!  I really like this!

#17 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted March 02 2014 - 03:42 PM

As another update to our film, we were unfortunately rejected by the Tribeca Film Festival in NYC. Can't win them all I guess...

On the flip side, we are remixing our audio for a smoother experience (and also because our project file crashed and we had to redo it anyway...heh).  In other news, "That Post Show," a podcast that discusses film production, recently interviewed us on our post-production processes! The podcast will become available on iTunes for free within the coming week or so, so I'll post it here and listen up if you're interested! :)

We've also made some Garden State Film Festival cards for marketing purposes, take a look, and if you live in NJ, come out to the GSFF and see us!
Spoiler

Edited by Silverfire, March 02 2014 - 03:44 PM.

Posted Image

#18 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted April 17 2014 - 05:53 PM

Just as an update...

We were able to (thankfully) remix our audio , plus insert a film score composed by Vincent Lee and improve our foley work, in time for the Garden State Film Festival, which by the way....

Operation Garden State Film Festival was a success (kinda)! We had a pretty decently sized group show up to our individual showing, had a great Q&A session and met some good people.  I believe we finished top 20 at the festival, although I'm not 100% sure because I didn't attend the awards ceremony.  It was a ton of fun in Atlantic City and I hope we have more festivals to come! :)

In other news, my co-directors were interviewed on a podcast named "That Post Show" (talks about the film creation process) which was recently released so if you want to hear a bit about the production and post-production end of our short film, listen to it!

Thanks! :D

Posted Image

#19 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted August 19 2014 - 12:49 PM

ANOTHER UPDATE:

We're still working on it and FAST approaching our online release date!  In the meanwhile, we commissioned a composer named Mark Royce to create an original score for Prebirth: The Eternal War and did he deliver. You can check out the OST here: http://musitecture.com/audio/ and feel free to check out Mark Royce's other works as well!

In other news...I've been working on yet another short film called Claire and this time we're going to hit Youtube instead of festivals first (once we finish sound work).  In the meanwhile, you can check out our film's official Facebook page, drop us a like and spread the word! https://www.facebook.com/ClaireMovie

Posted Image

#20 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted October 20 2014 - 12:26 PM

BUMPITY BUMP. We're FINALLY DONE WITH OUR SHORT FILM!

Give it a watch, like it, subscribe and share it around!

:D

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/font]

Edited by Silverfire, October 28 2014 - 07:56 PM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users