HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Anyone have any good tips for using the T34-Bolt_

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted December 13 2013 - 03:44 PM

I've tested out the weapon, and it's not my forte.  I find that it has an extremely short range, and it heats up a lot for me.  Maybe the reason why I'm not very good at it, could be because I'm more used to the Breacher than the Bolt.  Does anyone have any idea how to use the Bolt well_

#2 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted December 13 2013 - 03:54 PM

You have to learn when to charge and not to charge. It is really tough to figure out, but once you do, I find it to be once of the most devastating weapons you can get.

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#3 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted December 13 2013 - 03:58 PM

Naturally, engaging within appropriate ranges is well over half of the puzzle; the Bolt simply does not function well in mid- and long-range engagements, so avoid them whenever possible.

When you are in range, open with a full charge shot and close out the engagement with uncharged and partial charge shots. Try to think of releasing the trigger as firing the shot rather than the pulling action, and only release the trigger when you're sure it will hit. Taking extra time out to line up your sights doesn't hurt the Bolt in the same way it would hurt other Flaks since the charge mechanism compensates for what would be "lost" damage on other weapons.

Use of cover is still important; Hawken is Hawken no matter what weapon you use. When you do resort to peek-a-boo, try to prepare a full charge before you expose yourself to the enemy again. In general, the Bolt is a weapon that compensates for downtime with burst while also providing satisfactory DPS in scenarios where cover is not available. Used properly, it is the best of both worlds.

It was fun while it lasted.

#4 BlindHaze

BlindHaze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Locationon a Basilisk Wardroid

Posted December 13 2013 - 09:08 PM

Charged pretty much everytime out of combat and when you start a fight. I always charge when my target is still far from the crosshair and release when i have a clear shot. It will really depend on how accurate your shot will be. sometimes if a target is dodging a lot, a well placed charged shot after a quick dodge is nice, and don't forget dodging won't reset your charge. Bolt is my preferred primary for raider because it's hitscan, good in CQC, good heat generation, and also have a good alpha strike potential with mirv and mk-III deto. As for 1-click shots, it's good for skilled A-types because they know how to dodge and you can use this if you don't want to risk charging and also for finishing low hp targets.

Edited by BlindHaze, December 13 2013 - 09:13 PM.

#5 Angels

Angels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted December 14 2013 - 12:10 AM

If you suck at landing hits, be patient.. charge it up and release it where your opponents dash lands, same with the mirv C-kla, but fire it off 0.1-0.2 sec before their dash is completed, so something around middash, slightly after, since the delay of it often gives ppl enough time to dodge a few of the projectiles if used as a hitscan wep, the speed is fast yes... so fast ppl often mistake it for hitscan and therefor often misses partial parts of the mirv. Being patient often rewards against A mechs, because your armor can normally help you to tank another hit or 2, so that you can land your t32/mirvs and wreck them.
Another way is to just spam the t32 uncharged, it has good dps so doing this is not entirely bad,,... but it's much more efficient to land full charges.
I am everywhere.. except in the line of fire, I am Angel
Thou shall be smited by the messenger of hell, now in disguise as an angel
I am mostly on UK, sometimes on US-E, see ya out there ppl, atleast I will see you hehe

#6 Grizzled

Grizzled

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted December 14 2013 - 09:16 AM

Remember to get in ultra close. You should hear the scraping of the mechs together, or see the mech serial number on the inside of their dashboard.
Iligetimi carborundum est

#7 IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted December 17 2013 - 05:23 AM

Charge it in peek-a-boo type engagements, and use the uncharged shots in sustained encounters. I've never had an issue with the heat buildup as a raider.

#8 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted December 17 2013 - 05:45 AM

don't know what you guys are talking about T34 is still in development.

- lok'tar ogar -

#9 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted December 19 2013 - 06:33 AM

FACE HUG THE OPPENET
and let the charged and un-charged shots of lead fly usually works
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users