HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

From Scout to Vanguard

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted December 14 2013 - 12:33 AM

So, as we have a new mech forum, I feel free to share my thoughts:

A-Classes:

Scout: Replace Flak with T32, make fuel tank available for Scout (tuning)

Inflitrator: Lower the Armor, replace fuel tank with hydraulics, fix the cloaking bug (-.-)

Berserker: Reduce the duration of zerker's abillity

Reaper: Remove the abillity, give him an increased firerate abillity instead.

Tech: ..... Remove it! -,..,- (just jking)

B-Classes:

Recruit/Assault: Everything is fine

Bruiser: Everything is fine

Sharpshooter: Also fine

Raider: Replace the abillity's duration, replace it with fuel consumtion, make fuel tank available for Raider (dunno if it's already the case)

Predetor: Remove EOC, Create a completely new weapon which can be used ACTIVELY IN COMBAT and give him the abillity to detonate his EOC pred mines in mid air. + Stop the abillity (when active) only when he gets 40 HP damage. This shall prevent his abillity to stop only when hit by ONE flak shot from 500 meters.

C-Classes:

Grenadeer: Turred mode: add this: Doubles the lifetime of grenades when hit a surface/terrain (e.g. rev-gl: explodes after 2 seconds instead of 1)

Rocketeer: Give him another turret feature (e.g. projectiles and missiles fly faster)

Brawler: .... How about a self healing sniper in turret mode_

Vanguard: Reduce his boost speed, he is sometimes faster than an A class.
(Also the Mech guide says: "Like other heavy mechs, the Vanguard lacks mobility." Sorry, I have to disagree)

Just my thoughts, feel free to comment :)

Edited by FakeName, December 14 2013 - 12:39 AM.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#2 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted December 14 2013 - 01:12 AM

good ideas !

the vanguard : it's really so fast ! I feel that it's as fast as my infil.
about the bruiser : they'dd better give him another weapon as a starting primary.
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]also for the pred : giving him the abillity to detonate his EOC pred mines in mid air doesn't make any sense honestly ; it's moving so fast (way too faster than TOWs or Grenades) so it will be no good ![/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]BTW +[/font][font=sans-serif]∞[/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]  to removing tech ![/font]

Edit : lol jk :P

Edited by EliteShooter, December 14 2013 - 01:12 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Cruzxavier

Cruzxavier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted December 14 2013 - 03:23 AM

Very good...

I disagree with you on the tech....but all the others are good...reaper is already fine with any of his weapons. Just yesterday i played a TDM and the precision overdrive gave me the upperhand sometimes (Especially against other snipers). It's just the way it is used that gives the reaper ability all the complains.

If you said...scout should be deleted....i would say maybe but as it is it does not correspond not even a little bit to the mech's description so...go ahead delete it :D:D

The vanguard...at the moment not many players play it and take advantage of its superior speed and DPS at close range so let it be :)

Thanks...good thread
Playing it while it is fun...

#4 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted December 14 2013 - 03:49 AM

For the most part I agree.

Scout: t32+++
Predator: remote det in air would be amazing!
Vanguard: is fine as is in imo. Feels like a good balanced mech.
Brawler: can't comment yet cus haven't played since the speed buff (has it fixed it_)
Raider: imo the ability should come with increased fuel consumption.
General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

#5 Requiem132

Requiem132

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted December 14 2013 - 04:55 AM

Vanguard is a very balanced mech.. Faster than A-Classes_ Not even

Edited by Requiem132, December 14 2013 - 04:56 AM.

Posted Image

[font=comic sans ms', ', cursive]Violent Resolution | -vR. [/font]

[font=comic sans ms', cursive]"When Diplomacy Fails"[/font]
http://vr-gaming.org[font=comic sans ms', cursive] | Multi-Gaming Clan[/font]
[font=comic sans ms', cursive]Looking for Gamers 18+[/font]

#6 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted December 14 2013 - 05:55 AM

A-Classes:

I think this would break scout. It is fine where it is. If you land your shots on a scout and keep them in front of you, there is no issue.

Inflitrator: Lower the Armor, replace fuel tank with hydraulics, fix the cloaking bug (-.-)
Again, I think the infil is fine, however the bug is annoying.

This I can somewhat agree with, however, if you break line of sight, then it is not really an issue.

That is an interesting proposition.

B-Classes:

Raider: Replace the abillity's duration, replace it with fuel consumtion, make fuel tank available for Raider (dunno if it's already the case)
The raider is even more balanaced that it has ever been. I think this mech is fine ATM.

Predetor: Remove EOC, Create a completely new weapon which can be used ACTIVELY IN COMBAT and give him the abillity to detonate his EOC pred mines in mid air. + Stop the abillity (when active) only when he gets 40 HP damage. This shall prevent his abillity to stop only when hit by ONE flak shot from 500 meters.
This mech... IDK even know what to say about it.

C-Classes:

Grenadeer: Turred mode: add this: Doubles the lifetime of grenades when hit a surface/terrain (e.g. rev-gl: explodes after 2 seconds instead of 1)
I dont think that would be a good idea.

Rocketeer: Give him another turret feature (e.g. projectiles and missiles fly faste
That use to be its ability. ...

No... Brawler needs a little more speed and it will be right where it needs to be.

(Also the Mech guide says: "Like other heavy mechs, the Vanguard lacks mobility." Sorry, I have to disagree)Vanguard is fine right where it is, however, I think it needs less heat gen. Other than that, it is not faster than A class.

Edited by OmegaNull, December 14 2013 - 06:01 AM.

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#7 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted December 14 2013 - 05:52 PM

Agree w/ most of your posts;

I fear a Scout w/ T32 would be even more formidable. If you want to nerf Scout, give him RPR or Assault Rifle.  The Reaper doesn't have the full Sabot rifle, why should the Scout have the full Flak_  

How much of an increase in ROF are you considering for Reaper_ Overheating could be an unwelcome issue after you use the special_

I'd like the Predator's railgun to not have as much of a drop-off in damage.  I'd like Hellfire users to have to make a visual lock-on rather than spam click on a cloaked Predator.  I think the weapons otherwise are pretty balanced... perhaps a slight decrease in heat generation for EOC-P or Breecher.  

With Grenadier, I'd also favor removing the Vulcan and replacing it w/ EOC-R.  

In general, I detest Turret modes for all C-mechs.  

I think the Brawler with a Blitz mode would be awesome.
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#8 Muffintrumpet

Muffintrumpet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted December 16 2013 - 07:12 AM

View PostFakeName, on December 14 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

amen, brother  m/  ;)

"To the untrained eye this chart may indeed appear to demonstrate a steep and sustained downward trend; however, what you're actually seeing is the line being dragged down because of the strengthening gravitational pull of a player base that is actually increasing in density.  Rest assured, this is all going completely according to plan."

#9 thebloodgod0

thebloodgod0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted December 16 2013 - 08:26 AM

A-Classes:

-No, just no, worst idea ever
-No
-Yes
-Yes
-No, it's balance enough i guess (beyond annoying though), they can reduce the armor for better balance
B-Classes:

-No
-No, increase the hydraulics maybe_
C-Classes:

-No, just replace the vulcan with another explosive primary
Rocketeer: Give him another turret feature (e.g. projectiles and missiles fly faster)
-Yes
-Reduce the accuracy then_ I think the speed is fine now
(Also the Mech guide says: "Like other heavy mechs, the Vanguard lacks mobility." Sorry, I have to disagree)
-He's fine

#10 Krellus

Krellus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted December 24 2013 - 05:47 AM

View PostMuffintrumpet, on December 16 2013 - 07:12 AM, said:

View PostFakeName, on December 14 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

amen, brother  m/  ;)
agree, the best thing they can do for hawken is delete the tech. some stuff just makes things worse. the game is more fun, for most players, without the tech. you fuzzy bunny the games growth by keeping it.also agree scout and t32 - its range is much worse than flak, even if, close in, dps is similar. a good change.

Edited by Krellus, December 24 2013 - 05:48 AM.

#11 Muffintrumpet

Muffintrumpet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted December 24 2013 - 06:49 AM

it's the Tech green beam that's the real arse-hattery
the sticky, continuous heal beam wasn't already embarrassingly banal design enough so the ability had to amplify that; it’s like arse-hattery2

the ability could have instead crapped out a couple of Heal Orb mkIIs which would do about the same thing as the green beam function in a pinch and in some situations might help out more than one ally

"To the untrained eye this chart may indeed appear to demonstrate a steep and sustained downward trend; however, what you're actually seeing is the line being dragged down because of the strengthening gravitational pull of a player base that is actually increasing in density.  Rest assured, this is all going completely according to plan."

#12 SuperSkyler

SuperSkyler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted December 24 2013 - 03:47 PM

Raider needs a big nerf
like a rof decrease in the shotguns
Infiltrator and scout need a HUGE damage decrease

#13 Muffintrumpet

Muffintrumpet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted December 24 2013 - 04:53 PM

Infil is only dangerous with the EOC, and the Scout is only dangerous with the Flak
EOC - massive burst with very high DPS
Flak - massive burst with very high DPS
no, I'm at a loss to work that one out as well ;)

the Scout is the Brawler's problem child
right now I think the Brawler is closer to where it needs to be; it's still a bit weak, and downright useless on some maps, and still has no ability worth a damn, and overheats too quickly, but it's getting there
if the Scout didn't have the Flak most of these problems would go away
honestly, when has the Scout ever not been a problem in this game

what a lot of people seem to not consider is that this is a F2P game that is only going to survive if it can keep people playing, but to have a few mech choices so completely dominate the lower to mid range of games seriously damages the game's capacity to retain players
players will see Scouts dominating the games and will do one of three things:-
1.  play a Scout as well
(and let all diversity drain away from the game entirely)
2.  refuse to take the easy path, eventually get super-annoyed then quit
3.  persist and develop a playstyle that reduces the Scout's strengths
it's pretty safe to say that player type #3 is severely in the minority, which is _very bad news_ indeed for a F2P game's player retention
yes, a game must be balanced at the higher levels but to have the game in such bad shape at the low to mid range is seriously bad mojo for the future of this game
(and it's not just the Scout, it's all of the bursty As; it's just that the Scout tops the boards more often than the others do)

Edited by Muffintrumpet, December 24 2013 - 05:05 PM.

#14 Dictatorfish

Dictatorfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted December 24 2013 - 05:01 PM

View PostMuffintrumpet, on December 24 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

Infil is only dangerous with the EOC, and the Scout is only dangerous with the Flak
EOC - massive burst with very high DPS
Flak - massive burst with very high DPS
Isn't the EOC the lowest DPS weapon in the game_ :huh:
You're right about the Flak, though - 4th highest DPS weapon according to here:
https://docs.google....xPVWthNXc#gid=0

In general, this is just one of many burst vs sustained fire arguments. If Adhesive finally decide to make highest burst weapons the lowest DPS and visa versa that would solve most problems in my opinion.

#15 Muffintrumpet

Muffintrumpet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted December 24 2013 - 05:12 PM

yeah, the EOC is low DPS
my mistake
the EOC may well end up being the poster-child for how Burst should work here: low DPS but still kicks ass in its element
my only fear is what happens to the poor Brawler, I really don't think it would cope with a DPS reduction
the balancing of the Scout and the Brawler need to be divorced from each other somehow

#16 Krellus

Krellus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted December 24 2013 - 06:02 PM

didnt raider just get a nerf_ And isnt the raider the anti-scout... when the scout decides to bug out, you hit blitz and finish the job (quite possibly trapping yourself behind enemy lines.. buuuuut its WORTH IT).

Edited by Krellus, December 24 2013 - 06:03 PM.

#17 Muffintrumpet

Muffintrumpet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted December 25 2013 - 03:08 AM

Raider is anti-everything and has an ability that's in a league of its own
when I'm plodding around in my fatty and see such abilities being fired off that have strong influences on the battlefield, I then glance forlornly at the turret icon on my dash and shed a tiny tear of mech oil  :(
"one day, my lumbering pet," he said, tenderly patting the dashboard of his fat bottomed girl.  "one day."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users