HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

A way to fix the techs I

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 FuryMonster

FuryMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted December 27 2013 - 08:52 PM

The green beam currently does 130 per second which is more than double what the orange is. The problem is that it has too much "instant heal" capability.Paired with any life orbs which the person being healed (can and will have) and the tech him/herself can have makes it extremely hard to take down any mech thats not an A class.
The other thing is that this ability last around 7 seconds (7x130=910) basicly too much healing with a short 1:15 cooldown.

now because this green beam is so strong they deemed it necessary to nerf the orange beam from its 59 heals per seconds to less than that ( I forgot the number but it sucks ) and nerfing the amount they self heal by around 30% making their decent sustainability turn into a 1 trick pony... TROLOL GREEN BEAM YOU CANT KILL ANYONE. then die shortly after.

If they were to put the orange beam back to what it was, which was in a good spot to begin with and adjust the green beam from its 130 HPS to 60 heals per second.  THEN make the special ability just fire at 2x speed. These changes would be 3 forms of a nerf to green beam. It would reduce its amount it was able to heal from 2.1x heals to just 2x heals (during green beam). It would then generate twice as much heat throughout the ability itself which would make the tech use wisely rather than when ever he feels like it. This would also force the tech to pick choose heat management tuning points and force it to use its already super tight tuning budget on other options which would either nerf its manueverability or its HP.

Edited by FuryMonster, December 27 2013 - 08:54 PM.

Want to watch high tier scrims, clan and league matches_ Check out my YouTube! --->https://www.youtube....low=grid&view=0

#2 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted December 27 2013 - 09:14 PM

Why not just make the gun shoot orbs that have to hit to heal and that you have to choose from adding a bit of firepower or healing and not jumping around not even aiming your sticky healer and spamming ripper shells.

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#3 FuryMonster

FuryMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted December 27 2013 - 09:34 PM

they are less likely to rework an entire mech and the way it handles. they are more likely to adjust numbers
Want to watch high tier scrims, clan and league matches_ Check out my YouTube! --->https://www.youtube....low=grid&view=0

#4 Highchu

Highchu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted December 27 2013 - 10:29 PM

It seems like the ability should be more like the Berserker/Sharpshooters. A 15-20% boost in repair/damage during its duration should be plenty. That alone is already a better ability than a majority of other mechs. Also, the Invasion patch notes only mentioned a nerf in repair rate for the normal beam (Combat vs Non-combat), does it apply for "Amplification" as well_

#5 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted December 27 2013 - 10:41 PM

View PostFuryMonster, on December 27 2013 - 09:34 PM, said:

they are less likely to rework an entire mech and the way it handles. they are more likely to adjust numbers

Sounds like a bandaid rather then a fix. I guess it's less expensive though.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#6 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted December 28 2013 - 01:03 AM

View PostFuryMonster, on December 27 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

TROLOL GREEN BEAM YOU CANT KILL ANYONE.

So fcking true.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#7 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted December 28 2013 - 03:32 AM

This is actually a good idea. Honors to you lad!
I`ll fix it later.

#8 Cruzxavier

Cruzxavier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted December 28 2013 - 03:36 AM

Just put all the beams non target automatic and it gets fixed....
Playing it while it is fun...

#9 Exeon

Exeon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  • Locationnear the north pole

Posted December 28 2013 - 04:12 AM

Green beam is closer to 3 times stronger than orange in combat. Doubling the rate is a much beter implementation of the infinite life problem but it still leaves people upset that they can't kill he target. I feel like this ability could be used in imore interesting ways like reduced damage taken, fuel regen, chain to separate targets, *increased run/walk/boost speed(allow secondary fire while boosting)*, or any other interesting idea someone has. I loathe the abilities like power shot, ballistic barrage or amplification, they are so boring and quite hard to balance properly.

The orange beam most definitely needs to be buffed up and green beam toned down or reinvented. The mech is currently the only mech more effecient out of combat, the changes have removed the tech from being used in high tier matches.

Edited by Exeon, December 28 2013 - 04:14 AM.

View PostDew, on April 04 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

There's a difference between making the hoop 14 feet high and telling all the players that you have to wait for half a second after running before you can shoot the ball.

#10 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted December 28 2013 - 08:37 AM

better idea. when the tech activates its ability it explodes.
-The end.

#11 CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted December 28 2013 - 09:45 AM

View PostShadowWarg, on December 28 2013 - 08:37 AM, said:

better idea. when the tech activates its ability it explodes.
-The end.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users