HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Attack/Defend in other games

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Exeon

Exeon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  • Locationnear the north pole

Posted December 31 2013 - 03:06 AM

I can't think of many attack/defend game modes outside of WoWs Strand of the Ancients, CS's bomb planting game mode, and can barely remember someone telling me about one that wolfenstein_ had.

SotA: Your goal is to push through 4 walls via destructible doors and touch the core inside the enemies base. Team who touches the core faster wins. There is a time limit set.

Bomb plant: There are 2 separate bomb sites the attacking team can plant a bomb and must defend until it explodes. Eliminating all enemies or defusing the bomb also win the round. 1 life per round. The time limit is often short, 2 minutes in CS:GO, forcing teams to push. This game mode is in quite a few other shooters already.

So what are some other games' attack/defend game modes and how do they work_

View PostDew, on April 04 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

There's a difference between making the hoop 14 feet high and telling all the players that you have to wait for half a second after running before you can shoot the ball.

#2 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationThe ninth dimension

Posted December 31 2013 - 04:47 AM

There was a game mode like this in Killzone. Each team had a base with a generator inside it. You had too defend your generator and destroy the other teams generator. They weren't easy to destroy. Had a lot of fun with that.

#3 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted December 31 2013 - 09:38 AM

This game mode actually sounds fun!  I'd play it a lot. :lol:

#4 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationThe ninth dimension

Posted January 01 2014 - 06:27 AM

I spent hours playing it on Killzone. Was a very fun game mode. The best thing is, is that it could be played with AI bots as well.

#5 Exeon

Exeon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  • Locationnear the north pole

Posted January 02 2014 - 09:32 AM

Honestly hope the bomb plant game mode is what we get, a hawkenized version. They already have a built in defuse mechanic, resurrecting teammates from coop.

View PostDew, on April 04 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

There's a difference between making the hoop 14 feet high and telling all the players that you have to wait for half a second after running before you can shoot the ball.

#6 CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted January 02 2014 - 10:03 AM

LoL and Dota is pretty much attack/defend right_

Maybe a game mode that is like a Hawken MoBa. The players are obviously the heroes with whatever mechs they choose. Have squadrons of AI bots pushing lanes. Maybe have bunkers or whatever defensive emplacements defending lanes (towers), maybe even battalions of scripted infantry duking it out in-between (for show of course). This would all take place in our typical fps view of course.

It wouldn't be a strict to the T copy of MoBa game modes of course, and it would need some tweaking to fit Hawken. Would also need new maps. I don't really like the idea of players upgrading their mechs over the course of a match in pvp, maybe over time buying upgrades for your AI compatriots_ Or maybe just maybe, in this fantastical game mode your mechs start out with no internals or items and as the match progresses and you kill AI's other players and enemy structures you gain points that you can buy internals and items for your mech with. Just an idea.

Edited by CounterlogicMan, January 02 2014 - 10:58 AM.

#7 Nazgulgnome

Nazgulgnome

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted January 12 2014 - 06:30 PM

Team Fortress 2 has at least 3 different attack/defend types of gameplay.

#8 Granddaddypurp

Granddaddypurp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationReeferSide

Posted February 09 2014 - 07:36 AM

They will never put AnD in hawken give up on this dumb idea

#9 JadenErius

JadenErius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted February 10 2014 - 03:15 PM

generator destruction and bomb diffusal sound like they could be really fun. but i think first off is to flesh out the player base so that we can enjoy the other game modes other than TDM for now before we start adding more game modes.

But I agree, more interesting game modes would be AWESOME!
Blowing stuff up is awesome :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users