HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

CRT vs Assault

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ThatDamnedBoedy

ThatDamnedBoedy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted December 31 2013 - 03:13 PM

I don't honestly see too much difference betweent eh assault and the CRT...aside from teh fact that the Assault gets a cooler looking chassis and about 20 more points of armor for *free*.

Please someone tell me what makes the assault...more assault than the CRT aside from 20 points of armor...they have the same coolant ability and the same bonus unlocks...

#2 Highchu

Highchu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted December 31 2013 - 03:43 PM

This has been discussed in a different thread here:
https://community.pl...red-vs-assault/

#3 LordTemujin

LordTemujin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted December 31 2013 - 04:49 PM

View PostThatDamnedBoedy, on December 31 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

I don't honestly see too much difference betweent eh assault and the CRT...aside from teh fact that the Assault gets a cooler looking chassis and about 20 more points of armor for *free*.

Please someone tell me what makes the assault...more assault than the CRT aside from 20 points of armor...they have the same coolant ability and the same bonus unlocks...

Shut your mouth about fred, he is Sensative about his looks. It isn't his fault his makers found a 60 inch TV and installed it instead of a head

On Topic: CRT is better Cause Fred
Posted Image

#4 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted December 31 2013 - 06:29 PM

I use my CR-T more then my Assault because of the different playstyles. The Assault is a highly mobile unit with the focus on being able to get in and out of fights quickly, making him pretty good in 1 vs 1. The CR-T on the other hand is more of a recon/tank unit with its radar and Cooling Units, which gives him a upperhand flanking others. And with the CU he can pretty much stay in battle all time.
I`ll fix it later.

#5 DreamedArtist

DreamedArtist

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted January 29 2014 - 01:29 PM

Lord is right Fred End of story! <3
Practice good sportsmanship, You were a noob once too

Posted Image

#6 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted January 29 2014 - 02:17 PM

Fred is one of the best mechs in-game for being extremely balanced!  Assault is just less user-friendly.  I just like my Pred' better because hunting with heat vision is fun. :lol:  Everyone should love Fred!

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, January 29 2014 - 02:17 PM.

#7 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted January 29 2014 - 08:04 PM

The assault is simply superior.  The CR-T's stats and tuning options just don't synergize well with sustained weaponry.  Also, wasting points on cooling units on a mech with the coolant ability is silly.

Seriously, get an assault and focus on weapons loader, hydraulics, suspensions, and a little extra fuel.  Put maybe 2 points into heatsinks, just so you can make it to your next coolant use.  You'll never look back at CR-T, at least until the February patch.  Who knows where they'll stand after that.

Edited by WarlordZ, January 29 2014 - 08:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users