HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Breacher Tweak

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted February 19 2014 - 10:22 AM

When you play pred, you throw everything out that you know about Hawken. Lord Tamujin is one of the best preds I know of. That and Dew.

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#22 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted February 19 2014 - 11:34 AM

Predator has probably one of the steepest learning curves in Hawken since everything about it has multiple uses/modes.
(It's kinda like the Bruiser with it's wonky Vulcan/Hellfire setup.)

EOC-P: Mines for softening enemies trying to brawl or sneak around. Pucks in the air for some extra damage.
Breach: Uncharged is essentially Flak, charged it's an Sabot with travel time.
Ability is more useful for it's heat-vision than cloak.

Edited by Stingz, February 19 2014 - 11:38 AM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#23 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 07:02 AM

I would agree with you there Stingz, it does have a hugh learning curve.
It's weapons have multi function/uses that you can bounce of different tactics/gamestyle.
I get commended in games for being top 3 and ppl are like, teach me how to play pred!_ :P

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#24 teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 06:06 PM

I am getting used to the uncharged Breacher (just started using the Pred today), and the EOC Pred is pretty fun to use and actually isnt that hard, but I think that the charged Breacher could use a slight damage buff since it seems to take longer to use.

#25 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted March 28 2014 - 02:06 AM

Charging takes 2 seconds, damage should be 200. Cause any misses are fatal in predator, the damage might as well be fatal when you hit someone. TTK in predator is also longer than with other mechs, 200 dmg would help this.

Edited by Lightangel112, March 28 2014 - 02:06 AM.

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#26 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted March 28 2014 - 06:04 AM

View PostLightangel112, on March 28 2014 - 02:06 AM, said:

Charging takes 2 seconds, damage should be 200. Cause any misses are fatal in predator, the damage might as well be fatal when you hit someone. TTK in predator is also longer than with other mechs, 200 dmg would help this.

200 is too much, even Sharpshooter's Sabot Rifle only has 110 damage, 3 second reload, and shotgun spread unzoomed.

Edited by Stingz, March 28 2014 - 06:04 AM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#27 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted March 28 2014 - 07:04 AM

Yeah ok, but the sabot still has greater range compared to the breacher almost double.

#28 teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted March 29 2014 - 04:24 AM

I just played 4 games of MA in a row using Breacher Pred, I was on top of the winning team all 4 games. To put that in perspective, I have a hard time getting on top in any mech.

Camping Silos with it is pretty fun for sure.

The Breacher shotgun seems pretty powerful for sure, and I did have an instance where I shot a CRT through his bubble shield a few times with the charged shot, but the charged shot still seems a little weak.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users