HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Experienced Raiders: ReFLAK-35, EOC, or T32-Bolt and why_

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted February 19 2014 - 11:16 AM

View PostMeraple, on February 14 2014 - 05:11 AM, said:

View PostXtratega, on February 10 2014 - 03:04 AM, said:

2-) When doing uncharged shots, they can be devastating to A Class mechs on the close range, which is part of the reason I choose the Raider when a lobby is crawling with A classes.

To me, it seems like the ReFlak DEFINATELY has more DPS then the Bolt.
But maybe it's just me.

ReFlak has more DPS by about 18, but the Raider in general this patch feels lacking. Got to test drive it earlier this month, weapons feel slow, mech feels flimsly.

Raider took a beating due to health reduction and weapon cooldown increase/damage reduction.
Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#22 Farlanghn

Farlanghn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted February 22 2014 - 05:22 PM

I only use the reflak because the corsair take way too longer to reload. If they were to patch the weapon so that is a little faster I might use another weapon but as it is right now after firing a shoot there is a good second or two between where I am just looking at my opponent and he is shooting me in the face.

#23 CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted February 23 2014 - 07:16 AM

TL:DR Raider is underpowered because of the KLA-MIRV modes difficulty of use along with the modes poor stats. Reflak and EOC/KLA-SLUG are both pretty good choices. I would stay away from T-32 raider for now.

So as others have said the raider is definitely lacking. In my opinion it is not because of its health. The reload time is very long for the KLA-MIRV (horizontal mode), that is the source of the problems. The KLA-MIRV is the most punishing secondary to miss, the fight is pretty much over if a raider misses a KLA-MIRV shot (or doesn't get a near full it). It is also the most awkward secondary to fire with a weird projectile speed that causes an odd delay between firing and doing damage at certain ranges. Coupled with the rapidly increasing spread even at short ranges this thing is insanely unforgiving compared to other mechs secondaries. Given the amount of damage it does, and the amount of skill it takes to effectively hit with it, I feel the reload time should be shortened a fair amount. If the reload stays how it is, then it should be hit scan. If they want to keep reload time, spread and projectiles then it should do more damage. Maybe even a combination of small changes to those stats. Just my take on it.

/rant

Now with that out of the way. I recommend reflak and eoc. They are both very good weapons and each excels at situations the other fails at. EOC is very good on vertical maps (origin, uptown) and can be good on almost any map for siege. Reflak is good on any map, especially if you aren't going to have a lot of high ground advantage or if you are going against flying mechs. It has enough flexibility to be good in almost any situation, besides long range of course.

EOC raider is all about positioning and having high ground. You have to be able to maintain space and be able create time. Create space and time_ Yes, you need space because you will get slaughtered cqc against more than one mech, you need to create time because your most effective moment is when you have your EOC charged and slug grenade ready to go (highest burst potential). You will wreck A-classes no problem, and B-classes will melt quickly. C-class teams with techs you could struggle against depending on your team composition. Really relies on your map awareness, knowing where all the good high ground spots are. Really shines in siege mode. Focus on picking off A and B classes and area denial. Better off keeping KLA in slug grenade mode (vertical mode). EOC takes some getting used to don't just give up after a few games.

Reflak raider is all about timing and having an avenue for escape. Generally stick with your team and harrass the enemy at mid range with KLA-SLUG(vertical mode). Poke at the flanks some, don't dedicate to a flank unless you know you can end the battle or get a kill, or two, before the rest of the team collapses on you. Focus on chipping down the enemy teams health while minimizing damage to yourself. Reflak raider excels at taking out damaged enemies. Use your teammates as cover, take those opportunity kills. Use your reflak and slug to reduce the enemies health from a distance and use your speed reflak and KLA-MIRV to finish off weakened foes in cqc.

T-32 is a bit weak right now against A classes, especially flying ones. It is pretty much impossible to hit a high tier a class pilot with the t-32, add the difficulty of the Raider's secondary and you have a hopeless fight on your hands. So I generally would stay away from it, if you are facing a C-class heavy team and you aren't having any luck with the EOC then you should try the t-32 out. It may do some good against bigger targets.

A note on the KLA-MIRV: I would never recommend leading a fight with KLA-MIRV unless you are very close and are 100% certain you will get almost a full hit. Beware, it can cause self damage if you are too close.

/book

Edited by CounterlogicMan, February 23 2014 - 07:33 AM.

#24 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted March 01 2014 - 10:37 PM

/fix it already

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#25 Claxus

Claxus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 23 2014 - 11:45 AM

What do you guys think of the rebounding aspect on the ReFLAK_ I forgot about it from the moment I first got the Raider and read it in the weapon... 8 hours later of piloting time I remembered it had that capability and tried it, but I can see how I forgot about it really. Seems extremely situational when you can bounce it around a wall properly, and even when I have, the damage was lol-worthy. I can never even finish off people retreating around cover with a tiny sliver of health despite getting a few confirmed rebound hits.

I think it just spreads too much on rebound, when it's already weak as a ranged weapon to begin with. Rebounding shots is like hitting with the edge of your cone of fire at mid-range... Has anyone actually had a decent experience with it_ I may just be bouncing shots improperly.
Use power for the right things. At least for the things that you believe in. ~ Dingo Egret - Zone of the Enders 2
Posted Image
Faithful to my deus machina Bruiser.

#26 Nosmer

Nosmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted March 23 2014 - 01:52 PM

Yeah, about KLA-MIRV... I remember devs saying in one of their streams that it's bugged and they'll fix it. All that I noticed is that it shoots from the center of your mech, not from the gun.

#27 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted March 23 2014 - 03:49 PM

View PostClaxus, on March 23 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:

What do you guys think of the rebounding aspect on the ReFLAK_ I forgot about it from the moment I first got the Raider and read it in the weapon... 8 hours later of piloting time I remembered it had that capability and tried it, but I can see how I forgot about it really. Seems extremely situational when you can bounce it around a wall properly, and even when I have, the damage was lol-worthy. I can never even finish off people retreating around cover with a tiny sliver of health despite getting a few confirmed rebound hits.

I think it just spreads too much on rebound, when it's already weak as a ranged weapon to begin with. Rebounding shots is like hitting with the edge of your cone of fire at mid-range... Has anyone actually had a decent experience with it_ I may just be bouncing shots improperly.

Can't really call it "success" but I've found the ricochet feature handy when I know there's someone coming behind a closed corner, possibly to peekaboo. It's like prefiring but actually hitting your target with 20-40 damage shots. Softening them up even by just a little helps. It also confirms to go for a KLA shot, too, since you know the enemy's whereabouts.
That being said, it's certainly not something that happens every game, but it gets the occasional comment.

Edited by Kopra, March 24 2014 - 02:48 AM.

#28 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted March 23 2014 - 05:26 PM

View PostNosmer, on March 23 2014 - 01:52 PM, said:

Yeah, about KLA-MIRV... I remember devs saying in one of their streams that it's bugged and they'll fix it. All that I noticed is that it shoots from the center of your mech, not from the gun.

Quite sure they said T-32 was bugged since it's performing so terribly this patch.
Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#29 droidhunter

droidhunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted June 13 2014 - 08:27 PM

They all good. Choose whatever you like :D

Edited by droidhunter, June 13 2014 - 08:28 PM.

#30 Moreapples

Moreapples

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationHilversum

Posted June 14 2014 - 01:20 AM

EOC Raider is probably the best for corner poking, as it doesn't need to be in line-of-sight in order to deal damage.
T32-BOLT is fine as well for corner poking, but in other situations.

Reflak's more for if you want to play like a Salt.

Posted Image

#31 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted June 15 2014 - 09:56 AM

View PostMoreapples, on June 14 2014 - 01:20 AM, said:

EOC Raider is probably the best for corner poking, as it doesn't need to be in line-of-sight in order to deal damage.
T32-BOLT is fine as well for corner poking, but in other situations.

Reflak's more for if you want to play like a Salt.

How playing EOC Raider feels like when you don't have good cover and you're getting rushed:

Posted Image

On the other hand, when you're having a good day:

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users