HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Repair torch suggestion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted January 15 2014 - 08:16 PM

This isn't just for my suggestions, I can quote most of the good ones in the first post to consolidate ideas.

How do you guys feel the repair torch is_ Should something be suggested_

This is my personal idea:

Have the repair torch ramp up and reward for being more accurate. Start the base healing at a low HP/s, but the more you stick to your target, the more it'll ramp to some cap. Along with this make it even less sticky, but this might not be nice for new players_ So if there's a break it'll decrease the healing bonus over time. I feel like the current orange beam is too strong at putting people back into combat after running away.

Now most players don't really like playing the tech because let's be honest. It's pretty boring to play, but any suggestions to rebalance or even make it more fun are great.
!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#2 Exeon

Exeon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  • Locationnear the north pole

Posted January 15 2014 - 08:38 PM

Something people often don't consider when thinking about why the sticky beam is sticky is it allows the tech to maintain healing while using its primary. I would never take a tech into team play if it was completely for its 40 health a second with a somewhat decent emergency heal. I do like the ramping up, this is a great way to reward skill on the mech(something it very much lacks). Sticking to a target is a 2 man job and unless the players know each others playstyle and the heal target understands his limits the ramping up may be detrimental to pubs.

View PostDew, on April 04 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

There's a difference between making the hoop 14 feet high and telling all the players that you have to wait for half a second after running before you can shoot the ball.

#3 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted January 16 2014 - 04:45 AM

View PostRei, on January 15 2014 - 08:16 PM, said:

any suggestions to rebalance or even make it more fun are great.

Remove _

Posted Image

#4 Granddaddypurp

Granddaddypurp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationReeferSide

Posted January 19 2014 - 01:16 PM

the repair torch is fine stop crying people

#5 pseulak

pseulak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationMA

Posted January 20 2014 - 01:25 PM

I sort of enjoy playing tech more than I probably should. The repair torch in the current implementation feels pretty balanced, though I would prefer it to be able to switch healing between targets a little better. This would only be an option for the repair mode.

I'd prefer the beam not be changed to a 'heal-shot' mechanic based mostly on the amount of movement happening during a fight and somewhat on the type of play style that would encourage. I would hate seeing tech lobbing heals at a huge distance across the map.

As for deconstruction mode, I think it should not autolock at all and buff its heat generation to bring it in line with the other secondaries. If damage is increased, the health per second generated in this mode should be decreased to keep it in line with the current ratio.

#6 Duralumi

Duralumi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted January 21 2014 - 03:52 AM

How to fix the Repair Torch:
  • Remove it.

• Replace it with a bigger version of the Redox.

• Give the Technician the Seeker.

Edited by Duralumi, January 21 2014 - 03:53 AM.

After disabling signatures I found my forum-browsing experience had improved marginally.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users