HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Secondary weapons. The same but maybe different at the same time_

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted January 16 2014 - 08:53 PM

There are a few classes that have repeat secondary weapons. (Tow, GL, Hellfire etc.) What if some of these secondaries had some stat changed about them that made them a bit unique to each mech to better suit their class roles. I'm not going as far as to say, "make a mini gl for the infil and a gl monster for the gren". I mean smaller things like giving the infiltrator's GL a longer life spam and a slightly longer fire rate to give it a longer manual detonation window, thus giving it more "mine" or area control. Where as the Gren's GL can have a larger blast radius and the Vanguard could have a faster reload time and so on.

btw those are examples. I'm not saying those changes specifically should be done.

The only reason I think this is possible is because Turret mode for the gen does exactly that. It changes the default blast radius and power stats/properties of weapons while active, and sets them to default when not.

Edited by ShadowWarg, January 16 2014 - 08:55 PM.

#2 Greenvalv

Greenvalv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted January 16 2014 - 09:00 PM

I've always had the idea that secondaries should be unique for each mech in a size class.  For instance, we have Scout/Berserker with TOW and Vanguard/Grenadier with GL.  I'd rather see just the Gren with GL, Vanguard with TOW, and Brawler with Corsair.  Berserker should probably keep TOW and Scout should have something that marks targets_
Posted Image

#3 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted January 16 2014 - 09:09 PM

View PostGreenvalv, on January 16 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

I've always had the idea that secondaries should be unique for each mech in a size class.

I think making anything exclusive to any one weight type is a bad idea.
Posted Image

#4 Greenvalv

Greenvalv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted January 17 2014 - 10:23 AM

View PostBeefsweat, on January 16 2014 - 09:09 PM, said:

View PostGreenvalv, on January 16 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

I've always had the idea that secondaries should be unique for each mech in a size class.

I think making anything exclusive to any one weight type is a bad idea.
With my idea they would not be exclusive to one weight type (The KE Sabot is, which is not the idea here).  Each mech in a weight type would have a unique secondary, but secondaries can be used by mechs of differing weight types. For example, GL for Infiltrator/Grenadier but not for Vanguard; TOW for Berserker/Assault/Vanguard but not for Scout/Brawler (Corsair on Brawler would be hilarious).  The idea is to eliminate secondary repeats within a weight class, not make them exclusive to one particular weight class.

EDIT: engrish

Edited by Greenvalv, January 17 2014 - 12:10 PM.

Posted Image

#5 HugeGuts

HugeGuts

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted January 17 2014 - 06:02 PM

For class diversity, this is the next best thing to do if unique reworks of the original classes won't happen.

Edited by HugeGuts, January 17 2014 - 06:02 PM.

#6 Granddaddypurp

Granddaddypurp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationReeferSide

Posted January 19 2014 - 01:23 PM

plian an simple this game deffinitly needs more guns. 1 mian isnt going to cut it. there needs to be more variety. wheres that cannon that was on the first hawken video at the end_ add more cannons an some lasers or also some more different rockets leave the machine guns alone you have all 3 perfect just the last machine gun needs to be a lil more accurate.

#7 SKNK23

SKNK23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 14 2014 - 07:17 PM

I would like to see as many choices for the secondays as the primarys would make all the mechs more unique without having to make more mechs. the varity would make things intresting,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users