HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

I Need Help Deciding! Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 XNGaming

XNGaming

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted January 24 2014 - 11:22 AM

I am debating whether to use the Berserker or Fred/CR-T Recruit.  I've been testing both for almost 3 days now, the results seem to even out.  But I want a main mech.  Can you guys leave some suggetions_  Thanks!

#2 Coboxite

Coboxite

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted January 24 2014 - 11:35 AM

Zerker has better air control, if you like to be that annoying wasp constantly stinging, go with that.
Fred has more health, its sister mech the Assault has better air control, but not as well as the above Zerker.

#3 BradersVal

BradersVal

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted January 24 2014 - 11:43 AM

My advice; don't fixate on a main mech straight away.

It'll be easier to try all the mechs after the February patch. Take them all out for a spin when the opportunity arises, at the very least; this will show you the weaknesses that each mech has. You might find yourself enjoying/doing better in a mech you hadn't considered as a viable option.

Also, if you like the sustained/ToW combo; don't forget about the Assault. It has the same ability as the CRT as well as being in the same weight class, and you can put points into Air Dynamics (at the moment) like the Berserker. It might be a good "middle ground" for your choice dilemma.
Posted Image

#4 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted January 24 2014 - 12:01 PM

View PostBradersVal, on January 24 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

It'll be easier to try all the mechs after the February patch. Take them all out for a spin when the opportunity arises, at the very least; this will show you the weaknesses that each mech has. You might find yourself enjoying/doing better in a mech you hadn't considered as a viable option.
This is great advice.  The February Patch is going to include a "Full Balance Pass", which means that a ton of things will change at the same time.

For now, I don't recommend the recruit (CR-T).  Its sibling the Assault is identical except for having better stats for a sustained damage mech.  However, a lot of it depends on how you like to play.  The berserker is more of a hit-and-run mech while the recruit and assault are front-line fighters.

#5 XNGaming

XNGaming

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted January 24 2014 - 03:01 PM

Thanks a ton guys!
Appreciate the help!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users