HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Steam "app already running" error

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 XPloyt

XPloyt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted February 07 2014 - 12:18 AM

Game tries to open but nothing happens, only to get that it's supposedly running in the background, even when you see there isn't a process for it_

Go to your steam library -  SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Hawken\Binaries\Redist\UE3Redist

Run UE3Redist.

Run Hawken.

Enjoy.

#2 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted February 07 2014 - 12:24 AM

Good info,

Not quite sure why'd you'd have to reinstall that when it should already be installed from the old installs, but if it kicks it in the butt and makes it work, then whatever.

:lol:
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#3 XPloyt

XPloyt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted February 07 2014 - 12:32 AM

View PostSS396, on February 07 2014 - 12:24 AM, said:

Good info,

Not quite sure why'd you'd have to reinstall that when it should already be installed from the old installs,

:lol:

It did, but...

I swapped the boot drive to do a clean install of Windows 7 for a performance issue I'm having which may or may not be resolved, but the game kept crashing, or seemed like it was trying to load, or something.

It's not pointed out anywhere though, so any newcomers who are having that issue should be able to get on with no problems.

Edited by XPloyt, February 07 2014 - 06:02 PM.

#4 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted February 07 2014 - 01:15 AM

View PostXPloyt, on February 07 2014 - 12:32 AM, said:

I swapped the boot drive to do a clean install of Windows 7 for a performance issue I'm having which may or may not be resolved, but the game kept crashing, or seemed like it was trying to load, or something.

It's not pointed out anywhere though, so any newcomers who are having that issue should be able to get on with no problems.
Ah, Ok, well since it was a fresh install of both Windoze and Hawken, that makes sense.  It should of ran that when it installed, but for some reason it didn't or it failed.  It has been covered in a ton of threads, though they are rather old and you'd have to search for them, but yeah, if it will help new steam players out, then I'm all for it.

Thanks.
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#5 _GA_BrZrKr

_GA_BrZrKr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 12:36 PM

THANK YOU!

#6 _CrissOutt_

_CrissOutt_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 04:45 PM

same thing happens to me!!  :(

#7 XPloyt

XPloyt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted February 11 2014 - 09:49 PM

View Post_CrissOutt_, on February 11 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

same thing happens to me!!  :(

did running UE3Redist work for you_

#8 sonofasandwich

sonofasandwich

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 02:10 PM

did running UE3Redist work for you_

I tried running UE3Redist and it didn't work. Nothing really changed, it just goes away after a few seconds. Any help would be appreciated.

#9 BigFudge11

BigFudge11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 10:27 AM

See I did the Redistji or whatever thing, but it says I need XP Service package 3. Now I have a windows 7 computer, so why would I need a XP Service Package_

#10 44ug3n

44ug3n

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 09:57 PM

try downloading here, post here if it works

http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx_id=24

#11 44ug3n

44ug3n

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 10:11 PM

View Post44ug3n, on February 20 2014 - 09:57 PM, said:

try downloading here, post here if it works

http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx_id=24

it didnt work :(

#12 44ug3n

44ug3n

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 10:33 PM

its the same as me, i tried running the UE3Redist but its asking for a XP Service package 3 or something

#13 44ug3n

44ug3n

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 10:46 PM

how to fix this_

#14 Jasmineyuki

Jasmineyuki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 28 2014 - 09:47 PM

None of that worked for me, and no response from support, starting to get pissed off

#15 Peaceless

Peaceless

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 02 2014 - 01:45 PM

I've recently had the same issue, and solved it in a strange way:

I tried running the game's EXE directly, and it said I have a problem with the XAPOFX1_5.dll file.

Try running the EXE directly. If you get the same error, you should search for solutions in that direction. I fixed it by taking this DLL from the June 2010 Xaudio redist library in my BORDERLANDS2 folder (the microsoft.com one didn't work) and putting it in my Hawken folder (next to the exe).

#16 MudBallsChef

MudBallsChef

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted March 03 2014 - 10:08 PM

thx
this way solved issue!

#17 mosguinz

mosguinz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 17 2014 - 10:04 PM

Thanks Alot!!!! :)

#18 Death213

Death213

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 20 2014 - 07:14 PM

Dang it, I found this discussion after I destalled Hawken. Now I have to reinstall it.

#19 Luxan

Luxan

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted March 22 2014 - 04:35 PM

This solution worked for me...
(skip to end for short version)

I tried all the suggestions above to no avail. However one of the solutions about trying to run Hawken directly from the steam directory relates to this. When I tried to run "HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe" it said the dll file "XINPUT1-3.dll" was missing. So naturally I googled it found the dll file and extracted it to my system 32 and SysWow64 folders. This didnt work for me either, instead I got an error message. Im not sure what led me to it but I wanted to try copying the dll file again so I searched the file in windows and sure enough the two files I pasted into system32 and sysWow64 both showed up, but there was another one with same file name in the steam folder, I had a hunch that maybe copying the one from the steam folder into the windows system 32 and syswow64 might work. And it DID! Im assuming the dll file within steam is a little different than the generic one you can find online.

Short version: In windows make a search for "XINPUT1_3.dll". It should be found somewhere in the steam folders. Copy and paste it into your system 32 and SysWow64 inside windows. And then launch Hawken directly from the steam folders.

Anyway I hope that works for some of you.

#20 DLC60

DLC60

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 23 2014 - 12:02 PM

I am running an iMac Core2-duo dual-boot WXP and 10.6.  I had the same problem, this solved the problem.

Bravo!
DLC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users