HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

PLEASE for the love of all that is holy, remove the rear damage bonus on turrent mode.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 BedsideGoose

BedsideGoose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted February 25 2014 - 11:14 AM

View PostShadowWarg, on February 08 2014 - 06:15 PM, said:

So please I AM BEGGING, please remove the turret mode rear damage.
Learn how to keep your back to a wall. Problem solved.

#22 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted February 25 2014 - 11:33 AM

View PostBedsideGoose, on February 25 2014 - 11:14 AM, said:

Learn how to keep your back to a wall. Problem solved.

More easy targets for everyone to shoot at, it's much easier to dodge than try to use the tiny resist turret mode gives.

Vanguard is probably the only turret with enough speed and resistance to make a difference.
Grenadier turns into artillery with it's splash bonus ability.
Rocketeer is an air mech, turret mode is rarely ever a good choice.
Brawler is only really useful with a tech in turret mode, and that's for rolling pubs.

Edited by Stingz, February 25 2014 - 11:39 AM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#23 Farlanghn

Farlanghn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted February 25 2014 - 12:33 PM

View PostStingz, on February 25 2014 - 09:35 AM, said:

View PostFarlanghn, on February 24 2014 - 08:58 AM, said:

The C-classes turn super fast. You as a pilot should know not to drop turret in the middle of the fight. Turret mode is to push through the enemy line. If you do not know the mech then you should practice and learn its strengths. I love that the mech has a weak point. It is still super hard to hit be it turns retardedly fast.

I was recently in a game where I had to fight against 3 C-classes with a tech behind all 3 turreted. I would flank yet my team took everything straight on and of course we lost. It needs a balance. Learn the balance young grasshopper!

Only Vanguard has enough resistance and speed to push into enemies. Grenades and snipers have an easy time picking on C-class mechs since they can't move out of the way.

Incinerator is actually dangerous since it has ridiculous sustained firepower in direct fights, and A-class repellant ability.

All classes have to watch out for them. But most C-classes are made to push through enemy lines. Stand with your team and push.

He is complaining about turret mode and my statement still stands. DO NOT DROP TURRET MODE ALONE. Since the patch I go to fight TurretModes and they seem to turn so fast now I get one shot to make it count. If they have full health it will still not drop them down enough for an easy fight. The penalty is not enough to cripple you.

You get a bonus and you aren't satisfied with the balance_

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users