HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Scrambler and scanner too stronk, pls nerf

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted March 10 2014 - 11:04 AM

Headphones generally don't let you see through walls.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#22 V_ExorcisT

V_ExorcisT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted March 10 2014 - 11:26 AM

Imo, scanners and scramblers are effective, but not OP. They give PASSIVE bonus, and some people like and use ACTIVE items more.
Particular two provide tactical advantage, but must be used wisely and as everyone knows they give no combat (defence/offence) advantage.
I am a gamer not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join us! We have sweet cookies! :3 http://taw.net
My YouTube channel: http://youtube.com/u...ViciouSExorcisT

#23 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted March 11 2014 - 08:31 AM

Scanners are much better than headphones, considering how your whole team can see exactly how many opponents are stacked on the AA/Choke point, and exactly where.

Timed life is quite long, if placement is right and nobody tries to destroy it.

Edited by Stingz, March 11 2014 - 08:33 AM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#24 Climatic

Climatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 01:00 PM

Scrambler is good as where it is. If it gets hit by a nerf bat, it is no longer as good as - say a repair orb or EMP/ISM. On the other hand, scanner's range and life time needs to be nerfed. It just give all around awareness to your whole team and for a long time too. I propose a life time of 45 sec and range of 80% of the current range should do it. Also, make the noise it makes a bit louder, so players can find them and destroy them. That's another thing about scrambler - if you look carefully, you know exactly where the scrambler is placed (it's always the red dot that isn't moving).

#25 YourBusDriver

YourBusDriver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 06:46 PM

View PostDFTR, on February 19 2014 - 08:37 PM, said:

Didn't realize Scanner shows mechs walking and cloaked mechs.  That seems too strong.  
Either remove those functions or reduce range or cut its duration down to 20-30 seconds.

Then what's the point of having a scanner in the first place when you can just mosey on by it_

Right now the scanner is the only active countermeasure against cloaking... so no, it doesn't deserve a buff.

Edited by YourBusDriver, April 02 2014 - 06:46 PM.

#26 YourBusDriver

YourBusDriver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 06:49 PM

View PostV_ExorcisT, on March 10 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

Imo, scanners and scramblers are effective, but not OP. They give PASSIVE bonus, and some people like and use ACTIVE items more.
Particular two provide tactical advantage, but must be used wisely and as everyone knows they give no combat (defence/offence) advantage.

I understand what your saying, and I agree.

FYI, scanners and scramblers are active countermeasures.

Passive are things like armor modes, camo, barriers, and armor bonus.

Edited by YourBusDriver, April 02 2014 - 06:49 PM.

#27 YourBusDriver

YourBusDriver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 06:54 PM

View PostClimatic, on March 11 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

Scrambler is good as where it is. If it gets hit by a nerf bat, it is no longer as good as - say a repair orb or EMP/ISM. On the other hand, scanner's range and life time needs to be nerfed. It just give all around awareness to your whole team and for a long time too. I propose a life time of 45 sec and range of 80% of the current range should do it. Also, make the noise it makes a bit louder, so players can find them and destroy them. That's another thing about scrambler - if you look carefully, you know exactly where the scrambler is placed (it's always the red dot that isn't moving).

Exactly my point. Not nerfing them also puts an emphasis on stand off, and long range weaponry - making the Sharpshooter and Reaper more viable options - giving them an additional role. They now are responsible for picking off / driving out overly comfortable campers and choke holders from well beyond the range of said countermeasures. Also, it, helps protect snipers form being easily dislodged by face to face confrontation. That makes counter sniping more of a reality, instead of just a occasional happenstance.

Conclusion, keeping things the way they are is the best course. If the effectiveness of scanners, and scramblers is reduced a large portion of game play will be wiped out entirely. Besides, scanners and scramblers don't fare well against tag team assaults, explosives, and EMP. Change your tactics; not the equipment.

Edited by YourBusDriver, April 02 2014 - 07:00 PM.

#28 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted April 02 2014 - 07:59 PM

The radar scanner detects ppl walking when they arent giving off heat, and for this reason is akin to a wallhack.
It's the only banned item for league play (unanimous), because of the near omniscience it grants the using team.

#29 shosca

shosca

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted April 03 2014 - 03:41 AM

View Postcraftydus, on April 02 2014 - 07:59 PM, said:

The radar scanner detects ppl walking when they arent giving off heat, and for this reason is akin to a wallhack.
It's the only banned item for league play (unanimous), because of the near omniscience it grants the using team.

Yup, it even shows cloaked predators/infils.

#30 kanamisan

kanamisan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted April 03 2014 - 08:47 AM

View Postshosca, on April 03 2014 - 03:41 AM, said:

View Postcraftydus, on April 02 2014 - 07:59 PM, said:

Yup, it even shows cloaked predators/infils.
but but, I can see cloaked predators and infiltrators, using my eyes, but no one ever believes me.. am I crazy_

#31 SuperSpartacus

SuperSpartacus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationWestern MA, US

Posted April 04 2014 - 06:04 PM

FACT: Scanner is too strong. it CERTAINLY should not show Infiltrators/preds, and should also probably have a shorter range/life/allow players to find it easier (marker on enemies radar)

FACT: Scrambler is balanced perfectly. It throws you off for a quick second or two but as soon as you recognize patterns of movement you can see who's real and who's not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users